Creativity for Kids Grow 'n Glow Terrarium - Science Kit for Kids
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- GROW YOUR OWN HABITAT: Experience the wonder of nature with the Grow N' Glow Terrarium! This kit allows you to craft, plant, water and grow your own terrarium tabletop garden.
- COMPLETE KIT: Comes with everything you need for two full plant life cycles! Kit includes: plastic mason-style jar, decorative lid, potting mix, organic chia and wheat grass seeds, garden figurines, decorative sand, river stones and a plant mister to keep your terrarium watered.
- DECORATE YOUR TERRARIUM: Watch your terrarium glow! Add dimension to your terrarium with translucent glow-in-the-dark stickers that light up your terrarium at night!
- EDUCATIONAL KIT: The perfect STEAM activity that mixes science and art. Create your own eco-system and learn about botany and the life cycle of plants. Your habitat will begin to grow in as little as 3-4 days
- KID TESTED AND SAFE: Since 1976 Creativity for Kids has proudly created safe, innovative products that meet or exceed U.S. safety standards as determined by independent laboratory testing. Recommended for ages 6 to 96
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
A terrarium is a miniature garden in a simulated natural environment. The Grow N’ Glow Terrarium is a complete kit for helping kids to create their very own miniature eco-system. It’s so easy! You just assemble, decorate, water and watch it grow! It’s a fun way to teach kids about botany, eco-systems and the life cycle of plants. Kids love to see how things work and especially how the magic of seeds, soil, sun and water will blossom into green plants! This is a great lesson in cause-and-effect, responsible stewardship and delayed gratification, since the terrarium needs to be misted each day for the seeds to sprout and grow. Like keeping a pet, the plants will only thrive if they’re given water each day – but no worries – if they forget to water it they learn the importance of water to the life cycle! And when they do water it, the seeds begin to shoot up in 3 to 4 days. After assembly, there are delightful garden stickers and glow-in-the-dark stars to embellish your terrarium further. During the day, when the terrarium is in full light, it soaks up light for the plants and also soaks up light in the glow stickers. Then at night the stickers will glow and it looks like an enchanted little lightning bug house!! The Grow and Glow Terrarium is the perfect STEAM activity that mixes art and science. This terrarium kit is a great project for homeschoolers working on a botany unit, or for anyone who’d like to have a sweet little decorative terrarium by day and a glow-house by night! Everything you need is included for 2 full planting life-cycles, so you can plant your terrarium and watch it grow, then do it all again in a month or so, depending upon how long your plants thrive. The Creativity for Kids Grow and Glow Terrarium is kid tested and safe. Since 1976, Creativity for Kids has proudly created safe and innovative products that meet or exceed U.S. Safety Standards and encourage creativity and imagination in children. Your child will develop their fine motor skills, enjoy using their creative side to build and construct their own terrarium and watch it grow! This craft kit is recommended for ages 6 to 96.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I think what I like best is the responsibility he's learning (8yr old) from having to water it and make sure it's getting enough light.
The thing is, all the hard work of making a terrarium has been done for you:
- Some ventilation holes punched out of the jar lid
- Seed selection made, with seeds that grow quickly and are sized well (with respect to grown size) for the terrarium
- Soil and pebbles clean and bright
This lets kids get down to the fun part, i.e. actually putting everything together and then watering and watching, while skipping the parts of the project that might bore them if you did this from scratch (i.e. the adult having to track down a mason jar, matching lid, and then punch holes in it with a hammer and nail, for example).
The final result is attractive, the seeds in our kit grew quickly (about 24 hours in we had sprouts) and well, and it was manageable for kids, who were able to take ownership of the project and feel proud of the results.
It's cheap, it looks good, it works, and it teaches something about biology/botany and something about responsibility (e.g. watering to keep the plans growing).
Easy win all around at this price.
Most recent customer reviews
This is a great educational tool to show the water cycle process! Water is life!