Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
VINE VOICEon February 21, 2011
If you need a mental workout to keep your mind stimulated, or are stymied for ideas, this book will help. It is a course on manipulating words into ideas to help with problem solving. The book shows you how to link and build on ideas. The book also shows you how to work with number mapping. In the back there are word and number tables to use during a creativity session. This book can be used for anything from writing to project management. The subject matter is not easy to master, but nothing worthwhile is. This would be a very good ice breaker for team meetings and training classes.
on December 25, 2010
This book should have been called: "Using the power of Random Words to boost your creativity", or "Random Words, Creative Thoughts". But the chances of me buying the book with such a title would have been slim, so I'm glad De Bono did not consult me on this.
This book includes 62 creativity exercises that use random words to train your creative skills. The exercises can be used for self training to sharpen your creative thinking skills as well as for producing actual creative results individually or in a group.
I have used some of the methods tought in the book in creativity workshops I'm conducting and I have to say the results were very impressive. People like to use random words because it really frees them and easily gets their thougths out of the box.
The usual De Bono style is evident - a bit of self praise and paranoia coupled with great in-depth insights and detailed instructions.
on January 26, 2013
I am a teacher and I bought this book to have some short little exercises for students to do at the beginning of my class. I know the title is 62 Exercises...but I really only used a few of them. Many repeat the same basic idea.
on March 21, 2014
De Bono is the world renowned expert in creativity training and development, and he isn't afraid to let you know (smile). The introduction was probably the best part of the book, though it seems De Bono is somewhat arrogant (my take). The exercises are very repetitive- all based on using his random word lists. I would like to see more creativity in his creativity training.

I found it tedious to select words from his list randomly. Using DeBono's book one has to first consult a table of random numbers, or else roll 4 die, then use these numbers to index a single word. Too slow and makes one not want to follow up with more training. I can think of much better ways to find random words, so I must be pretty creative already (sarcasm).

The concept and method DeBono uses, however, I consider solid and worthy of use. Just find a faster simpler way.
on October 4, 2015
Great book...came in on time as promised. The condition of the book was very good, just as advertised. Very pleased.
on February 23, 2015
A+
on March 20, 2012
It is another good and helpful tool from Dr.E.de Bono to motivate and improve people's creativiy skills using easy and amusing exercises. Some of those exercises can guide you to solve your own problems(very attractive feature of this book)-
on January 7, 2015
The exercises are ridiculously superficial. Pick a word and come up with as many ideas as you can by using that word. Give me a break.
on September 10, 2013
We used this book in an MBA class. It was fun, but mostly because the instructor had a sense of humor about OUR sense of humor. You see, if you have trouble coming up with a random word, there's a table of appropriate random words in the back. That struck us as the funniest thing ever. This DeBono guy, he's pretty much the most Type A, uncreative, "creativity expert" ever. (We had to watch some of this videos.) That said, I have nieces & nephews who enjoy word-games so I might actually use this out of context for the fun of it... ignoring the table of random words.