Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Creativity for Kids Fashion Headbands
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Size: One Size|Change

on November 6, 2011
My daughter, who is 8, loves creative, artsy things. However, often the art sets can be a bit too complicated for a child to understand the instructions or to do with little fingers and require a significant amount of parental help to complete.

She got this for her birthday and it was just the right level for her to do on her own. She is still young enough to want to wear the headbands with fun stuff like bows and feathers on them, and old enough to be able to complete the crafts on her own. Plus, you have the added bonus that she really gets to show off her artwork and wear it to school to show her friends.

There are 10 headbands with the kit and lots of ribbon to make bows or to wrap around the headbands. There is also feather, flowers and jewels to add to them. Glue is included. There are enough headbands in this kit that you could easily buy this and it would make it a great birthday party activity.

I would recommend this for ages 7-9 or so.
11 comment| 254 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2012
I bought this for my five year old who is very creative and loves hair accessories.
With this kit, we were able to make 10 very individual, very cool headbands that really reflect my daughters individuality.

The butterfly, flowers, feathers, jewels and ribbons that are included are all of nice quality and construction.
Keep in mind the flowers and butterfly have a little piece of elastic attached, so you can just slide those on.
The feathers are especially pretty and the kit includes some great tips and creative illustrations to get your ideas flowing.

The glue that is provided is totally proficient, but being impatient I chose to opt for superglue in our case.
Otherwise, you just need scissors and your set.

Overall super satisfied
A+ rating
review image review image
0Comment| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2011
Our 9-year old daughter got this as a birthday gift and really likes it. She's made 3 headbands already and they've held up so far. This would be great to use at a birthday or slumber party as a craft, since it includes 10 headbands. She plans on making all 10 and then giving them to her friends. I would say this product is good up to the age of 9.
22 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2014
My 10 year old daughter did everything on her own while my 8 year old daughter needed some help in putting the ribbon on to the headband using the glue. But they both had lots of fun making their own original headbands.

It is $20 (or cheaper if you get it on Amazon) and it comes with 10 different color headbands. It's a good quality headbands. So if you're having a girl's b-day party, this would definitely be a great activity to do at a reasonable price.

Accessories that come with it are colorful, pretty, and unique! Ribbons come in so many different colors, width, and designs. Feathers and rhinestones are beautiful accessories, and they definitely make each hairband look very unique. Glue that came with it worked just fine. I like the sparkling butterfly and fabric flower accessories because they have elastic band attached to it. So to put those accessories up on the hairband, all you have to do is put the headband through that elastic hole.

This toy gives kids a chance to be creative and show their individuality. Overall, I think it's a great toy for girls around 6~12 years old.
review image
on August 13, 2012
For the price, you don't get many materials, but what there is is good quality. The headbands are satin, soft, and comfortable. They don't pinch my
6YO daughter behind the ears. The lovely decorations (flower, bow, butterfly, etc) have an elastic loop to slide over the headband. This allows the decorations to be interchanged for maximum variety. I really like that feature. And the loop looks durable, too. The ribbons are cute and nice quality. There's a wide enough variety to really personalize a piece, and the colors coordinate nicely. And of course, we can always add additional ribbons, gems, and flowers, too. I ended up using my hot glue gun instead of the white glue that comes with, but that glue seemed to be of good quality, also. We just didn't want to wait for them to dry!

We're really enjoying using the kit to make hair pretties for back to school! I would recommend as a gift to a crafty girly-girl.
VINE VOICEon November 25, 2011
This is a good toy for headband-wearing little girls in the 6-9 age range who like creative "crafty" activities. They can design, create and finally wear, or give to friends as gifts a variety of headbands. There is a fairly generous variety and amount of decorative "stuff" for the little designer to use. It's a good toy, but don't buy it at $32! That is about twice what you'll find it for in a good toy store. It's just an outrageous price for a good toy.
44 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2012
My daughter received this for her 5 birthday. She has had so much fun designing headbands for all her "styles." Some parental involvement is needed for younger ages, like my 5 year old. But older kids should have lots of fun on their own.
on August 20, 2012
I purchased this kit from Amazon for my 5yo Grandaughter. She absolutely adored it. There are so many different kinds and sizes of embellishments, as well as many different colors of ribbons. Each headband is already wrapped in ribbon so you can add contrasting colors. Many of them you can either make them permanent by gluing on, or attach with the tiny rubber and that is attached to many of the embellishments. I liked the fact that there were no teeth on the bands to scratch little heads. The little colored feathers were a favorite with her.
on January 29, 2015
This kit is subpar...firstly the glue in the kit was dried up (see pic). Meanwhile, the ribbon quality is stiff and mostly unattractive, most of the decorative components are also low quality. My niece and I did not enjoy this one bit; even though it is 13 or so bucks, it is a waste of money.
review image
on February 13, 2012
I am 10 and I have a 6 year old sister and we loooooooooove doing this craft together!!! Some of the crafts I do are difficult for her and she feels left out so this was a great gift from my Grandma! Thank you!!!