Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

• Creep
  • Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 289 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 384 reviews
on January 29, 2015
Jennifer Hillier nails it with this book.....
It is a page turner/burner, as it keeps you on the
edge of your seat through out.
The characters are well developed and earn their places
in the story line.
We meet, Dr Sheila Tao, a divorced Psychology Professor,
that is breaking all kinds of rules, as she is, well find out for
yourself....
Meet Grad Student, Ethan Wolfe, he is also Dr Tao's TA, and the
person, she is breaking all the rules with.
After Dr Tao, becomes engaged to her Investment Banker boyfriend,
she decides to break things off with young Mr Wolfe.
The trouble starts when, Mr Wolfe decides, breaking it off, is not something
he wishes or wants to do.
His comment, If I can't have you......just about tells you what is coming.
As always, a serial killer has something that is a trigger, to set them off, and
this "break up" may be Mr Wolfe's.......or not.
For you see, Mr Wolfe is a sociopath, and always has been one.
Here is a teaser.......does Mr Wolfe have a partner?
You will have to read the story to find that out.
And after reading Creep, make sure you read the follow up book, I
will be reviewing it very soon.
on November 2, 2012
I read this book primarily due to the raving reviews it has received. But I must have read something different than the other reviewers.

The book's premise was interesting enough- a professor of psychology with a sex addiction and a fiance and a young student who is her lover. The main character has plenty of faults in place to make her gritty. But it all sort of falls flat. So much predictability with this story, and the author definitely expects you to believe some incredible things... It was sort of like a horror film, where you have to accept that all the characters are going to act in a rather stupid, naive manner in order for the story to work.
I don't want to give away any spoilers, but there was nothing in this plot that was surprising. The characters were rather two dimensional. The actual writing style of this author is rather... basic.
If you are looking for a quick, easy read, this book is enjoyable. If you are looking for any sort of deeper connection to the characaters or the plot... keep looking.
on November 2, 2014
I have a number of Goodread friends who read this book, and their opinions are all over the map. I decided to read it for myself. My assessment is mixed.

What did I like about the book? First of all, the storyline is intriguing and is summarized in the author's synopsis. Secondly, this novel is named after Radiohead's Creep, and I love the exquisite creepiness of that song. The scene in the book which had that composition playing in the background merits high honors for doing the song justice. Major props for that. I also liked the idea of a psychology professor (Sheila) dabbling with an antisocial psychopath. I admired the way the psychologist used her professional skills to try to get herself out of a dreadful situation; the cat and mouse exchanges between Sheila and The Creep were extremely interesting to me. The character development was very good, especially of Sheila and to a lesser extent Sheila's fiance Morris and bad boy Ethan. What I enjoyed most was the investigation of Sheila's disappearance, starring Morris and Jerry the private investigator. This was well done and drew me in quickly. This section flowed wonderfully, and I couldn't wait to see how this horrible mess was going to turn out.

What did I not like? Other than when Sheila was using her psychospeak in attempting to free herself, I really did not like the chapters detailing her predicament at the hands of The Creep. I do generally like my thrillers dark and deranged, but I think it was probably the fact that the victim was the protagonist, a very likeable protagonist, that really turned me off. I felt repulsed and could not wait for that part to be over. I also found the set up a titch slow for me, but I do think it was necessarily that way in order to strengthen the meat of the book. Another thing I did not like about the novel was the last page. 'Nuff said. Will I read the next book? Yes, I have to now!

I recommend this novel to lovers of psychological suspense, with the one warning that the reader may feel uncomfortable during the nastier parts of the story. I am awarding Creep 3 stars.
on September 1, 2015
I can see this author going far in her career. The pacing of this book was great, enough to keep you turning pages and interested in the story line. She dealt with the issue of sex addiction in a very realistic manner also. She did very well with the inner workings of a stalker, it takes a certain kind of writer to pull off the psychological inner workings of the criminal mind. I was also surprised that there was a twist in the story line I never saw coming.
The book was good enough for me to order the next two in the series and also to pre-order one of her upcoming releases.
on August 3, 2015
Wow...what can I say? CREEP was honestly so great. I loved it from start to finish. To be honest, when I first read the premise of the story, I was not sure of how many plot twists it could contain; after all, "murderous ex-lover" sounded like a common trope to me. Jennifer Hillier has completely blown my expectations out of the water. Even when the action seemed to slow down a little bit, I didn't feel as though the book lagged because the characterization was so fantastic that I was focused on that instead. I cannot believe that this is the author's debut novel, it is just that great.
on July 7, 2012
This was unputdownable -- verging on erotica at times but with enough tension and mayhem to keep me clicking through the Kindle pages to find out what would happen next. Sometimes we all just need a book we can escape into for a little while, where we don't have to think too hard to figure out some kind of whodunnit mystery. Creep will have you on the edge of your seat to the very end.
on November 7, 2015
This story kept me glued to the book until the very end. This is the first novel that I have read by this author, and I really enjoyed the storyline. I have already started reading the second book in the series, Freak, and can't wait to find out what happens next.
I would definitely recommend this book.

Dianna
Prescott, AZ
on July 25, 2014
I love a good story about twisted people. This one did not disappoint. By the time the book ended, was it wrong that I might have felt a little sympathy for Ethan? Books that send me spinning in a completely different direction than I'd anticipated always leave a smile on my face. I thought I had it all figured out. It was all wrapped up in a neat little bow. Ethan was bonkers. He kidnapped Sheila and held her captive. But why didn't he just kill her and get it over with? I was reading along toward a satisfying conclusion when all of a sudden out of left field comes something I didn't see coming. I love it when that happens! Sometimes, sadly, reading a good book -- although well-written -- can leave me feeling ho-hum, because it was so predictable. Creep wasn't one of those books. I liked the characters. Yes, even the bad guy earned a soft spot in my heart. But that could be my co-dependent nature kicking in. There's a little bit of an "uh-oh" feeling at the end, which I'm sure the author intended so that you'd want to read more! If you like a good psychological read, pick this up today, you won't be disappointed!
on September 21, 2013
Dr. Sheila Tao is a psychology professor, a recovering sex addict and a fiance to a seemingly wonderful man. Struggling every day with her sex addiction, Sheila makes the horrible mistake of starting an affair with one of her TA's, Ethan Wolfe, after the funeral of her father; who she had a very tumultuous relationship with. When Sheila tries to end the affair with Ethan because she finally understands that her behavior could truly jeopardize her relationship with her fiance, Ethan makes her understand that getting rid of him will jeopardize her life in both the physical and emotional sense. Trying to call his bluff, hold on to her relationship, and her life, Sheila embarks on a journey of self-discovery and strength that tests everything she knows about psychology and herself.
To start, I loved the premise of this book. I loved romantic thrillers, and at first (the very first) I was rooting for Sheila and Ethan to work their way through the affair into something better. Of course you soon realize that Ethan is the bad guy, really bad, as in bat-shit crazy bad, and then all you want is for the craziness to end so you can put the book down. I loved the premise but not the characters. Although I felt bad for Sheila, I didn't like her. I didn't like her behavior but more than that, she talks to herself like a college student would not a PhD holder of psychology. I think that is what made me really dislike her. I found her immature, and her thinking immature. Which would be fine if Sheila was 20 or even 30 and trying to figure herself out. But she is older than that, and apparently has gone through enough to be wiser, so why act and think so immaturely.
The action in the book captures you for a while, but it also stagnates and lengthens the story unnecessarily. I was surprised at the end. I knew there was a sequel, I just didn't expect it to end the way it did, and honestly, its the only reason I gave Creep 3 stars. I'm rarely surprised by and ending, and this one threw me for a bit.
I bought the sequel, Freak, when I bought this book and decided to go ahead and read the next one right away just so I could get it off my Kindle. Overall, I think the book is ok and barely squeaks by with 3 stars.
on December 2, 2013
From my blog 4 1/2

You will not be able to put this thriller down once you start. It is dark, sexy and edgy suspense. It was good characterization, I embraced all the characters even when I didn't like them.

I thought Sheila was a strong woman but then went on a roller coaster ride with what I thought of her. A professional, a psychology Professor, how do they mistakes but everyone is human right. She made some very bad choices starting a sexual relationship with her student but she is a sex addict that has fell off the wagon and her choice may kill her.

Some people can not be turned down and Ethan will not be sharing Sheila, how can she reject him now. Ethan should have been an art student with the talent he has and on top of being a brilliant psyche student, scary, very scary.

Morris, the fiancé, totally in love with Sheila had the rug pulled from under his feet, the week before their wedding. I enjoyed his story, everything felt true with his reactions.

I did enjoy the genuine responses the characters had with each other, some of those moments were edge of your seat. It was a great intense book with the right amount of tension to keep you engaged and racing to the end.

The ending was brilliant, true meaning of "If I can't have you, no one can't". A psychopath making safety decisions or is it just power and manipulation gone completely wrong.

This was a great escape thriller. Fans of Chelsea Cain and MJ Rose will enjoy this one.