Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 80 reviews
on September 24, 2012
Creepy things mentioned in this book:

Your friend's grandma (come on, you know it's true)
Bazooka Joe
Dick Cheney smiling
Everyone Else's religion
Your religion (Come on, let's be real about this)
Guys with beards but no mustaches

etc.

Don't get this if you are easily offended, have no sense of humor, don't ever get creeped out by anything or anyone, or take things too seriously. This isn't for anyone who thinks we should put strict limits on what we talk about.

I love all cats but that cat on the cover is extremely creepy.

I'm so happy someone called these things out for what they are. Why censure your thoughts?

This should have included neck beards as a subcatagory under guys with beards but no
mustaches. Certain small towns on the west coast have pockets of guys walking around with beards growing on only their NECKS!

This has made me more aware of creepy things in general. It's a way of looking at life the way R. Crumb did, seeing the strangeness that's around us. It's also a way of heightening my powers of observation. Why dismiss creepiness when we can notice it and relish it?

This book made me lol. I loved Lucille Ball but there was a bit of creepiness to her when she got older. This book points that out. I know, it's not polite to say that and like I said I really loved her. But it feels so good to get things out in the open sometimes, to make light of things and people and not hold back thoughts. And it feels so good to laugh and let go. This is an excellent, silly, irreverant book.
on January 1, 2014
If you are setting yourself up as an authority of what's creepy, it's probably a good idea to make sure you, yourself, are not the creepiest of all. I found the judgy attitude of the author, who seems to really get off on goofing on others, to be an ironic bit of ultimate creepiness. Et tu, Brute?

From a practical standpoint, the book did not work very well for me on the Kindle, since a lot of his creepy points were made at the expense of photographs. When the caption appears on the next page, does it lose a great deal of the point? Yes, it does, for me at least. Numerous photos interspersed with captions do not lend themselves well to the Kindle. On the other hand, without the photos the "book" (or collection of snarky asides, which is what it really is) would be even less coherent.

I will never get the two hours of my life that I spent reading this book back again. And that may be the creepiest thing of all.
on February 20, 2013
The delicious readability of Creepiosity felt like a special trip to the Ice Cream Shop for my favorite indulgence after a particularly hard week's work. I literally ate the book up at first-read... could not put it down until I had finished it and enjoyed every last delectible morsel, licking the bowl clean and still wishing for more. Some time later, I discovered that there were opportunities to become a part of the magic that is Creepiosity through their facebook page link Creepiosity:TheBook, where I have actually been able to indulge my passion for the creepy side by posting photos of things that I find well, creepy. Of my photos, you may enjoy the ugliest Easter decoration I ever saw and an extremely creepy ashtray of a organ-grinder monkey in a fez whose hand was bent to hold the cigarette. You can't make this stuff up - it's just CREEPIOSITY, folks! :D

Creepiosity: A Hilarious Guide to the Unintentionally Creepy
on March 14, 2017
Cute, short little descriptions of funny little things in life that are a little bit off, or are just plain disgusting. Some may make you grimace, but all will make you laugh!
on March 8, 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, but let me tell you, I am sure glad I picked this up on the kindle sale! Lots of witty observations about historical, domestic, and commonplace items, complete with photos and funny captions. I breezed through this book in one sitting and found myself smiling a lot...and laughing out loud quite a bit more that I thought I would! Yes, mom and pop shops (with odd misspellings on signs), sea monkeys, and great moments with mr Lincoln are all...creepy in various capacities. A great book for a coffee table, plane ride, beach read, etc. A whimsical bit of humor blended with sarcasm. Take a peek inside....
on June 6, 2014
it's one of the funniest books I've read in awhile. it's filled with witty commentary on all things creepy and the pictures are just as awesome in their creepiosity.

my son, a toddler, started flipping through the book one day and instantly started bawling. now, if he's bad, I threaten to read it to him and he instantly calms down.

thank you creepiosity for the laughs and the parenting help.
on June 11, 2012
Anyone glancing at the customer reviews can see that this book is not everyone's cup of tea, but if you use Amazon's "Look Inside" feature, you'll quickly know if this book is for you. Like any collection of short humor pieces, some parts work better than others, but overall I found this book to be exactly what the title promises: Hilarious. I often found myself chortling, snorting, guffawing, and engaging in other obnoxious behaviors while reading the book. The book isn't creepy--it's just damn funny.
on January 1, 2012
Bought this for my kids. My daughter loves to use the word creepy, and loves cats, so what better than a book with a creepy cat on the cover? Like so many things in life, what the author calls attention to is funny because its true! This isn't a book with substance, but good for killing some time or a conversation starter. Its also not very long, but worth $5 or so for laughs.
Btw,
I have 5 cats, all rescues, and I don't think I'm creepy at all. Muahahahhahaha ;)
on April 2, 2012
Loved this book. Many things creep me out and this book has so many of them. I always hated Mr. Magoo, old guys in Boy Scout uniforms, claymation characters like Davey and Goliath and so on.

David Bickel did a great job, hit nail in the head and made me laugh...and reminded me of some of the things that I forgot creep me out, in a very funny way.

Oh just read it!!!
on June 1, 2014
It's not just a collection of inevitable internet memes. It's packed with funny and cutting commentary, too. Be careful of those who don't find these creepy. Except for "Necco Wafers" and "Restaurant Animal Mascots Who Want You to Eat Their Kind" those are awesome!