Cremona SV-150 Premier Student Violin Outfit - 4/4 Size
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Select tonewoods for the finest possible sound
- Every Cremona student violin comes with US-made Prelude strings, the educator's preferred strings for students
- Properly fitted Swiss-style boxwood pegs and quality lightweight composite tailpiece with 4 smooth fine tuners for easy tuning
- Correct string height and string spacing for accurate finger positioning and intonation
- Boxwood fittings, ebony fingerboard, hand carved solid spruce and solid maple body, lightweight construction means quality workmanship
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
The Cremona sv-150 violin outfit is a fine example of an instrument who's value and quality far surpass its price tag. Each outfit includes a violin that is completely hand-carved from select Solid tone woods and fitted with top quality boxwood pegs, chin rest and tailpiece to assure that it not only sounds great, but has a look of elegance not usually found in instruments at this price point. Another great feature you will find in this, an other instruments that make up the Premier student series is that each outfit comes equipped with top-quality D'Addario Prelude strings that improve the player experience and brings out the best tone possible in these lovely instruments. As part of every outfit, each sv-150 violin comes protected in its very own tl-33 providing the optimum balance between lightweight design and extreme impact protection, and a high-quality J. Lasalle Brazilwood bow to make this already perfect outfit one of the best available at this price point! .
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: The bow broke after several months of use, about 2/3 of the bow hair came out of the bow tip. Not surprising to me. It is a very weak bow to start with. The good thing is Amazon replaced the whole violin with a new one. I just realize that the case, although nicely made, has only one bow holder. Therefore I can't put in a back-up bow there. The case has another problem, there is no space for a shoulder rest inside, although it is bigger from outside than the previous 1/8 violin case. Therefore this case is not very practical.
Further update: The sound of this new violin is slightly better than the one it replaces. The pegs hold the tunes better too. So is the paint and finish. For the initial price paid, I am happy with the replacement. I have added one more star to my original review.
It comes in an attractive green felt- (or some synthetic material) lined carrying case with an embedded humidity detector, bridge, strings, bow, and rosin block.
I watched a YouTube video to install the bridge, downloaded a violin tuner from iTunes and tuned up. The pegs slipped a bit, so I bought a bottle of peg drops a few weeks later and now they hold firmly as intended.
Embarrassing but I learned a violin makes no sound except scratching noises until you rosin the bow! Now everything's set up, and while I couldn't tell a Stradivarius from a Cremona to save my life, this violin sounds just fine for a starter, and kid's are comfortable with the 1/2 size. Paid $136.50 in March 2011.
If my daughter keeps up an interest in playing we will purchase the same violin in the next size up.
Top international reviews
L’archetto è di qualità evidente con molti crini bianchi. Risulta ben bilanciato e robusto.
Nella custodia ho trovato una tracolla e la resina scura di qualità. A completare il tutto la dotazione di corde Plelude è la chicca o la classica ciliegina sulla torta che da ancora più valore al violino.
La qualità del suono è soddisfacente anche se occorrerà attendere che le corde si assestino per bene e i piroli mantengano la loro posizione.
Se non siete avvezzi alla messa a punto di un violino recatevi da un rivenditore per farvi posizionare bene il ponte e accordare lo strumento. Esso tenderà a scordarsi subito all'inizio finché si stabilizza.
In definitiva sono contento di questo acquisto.
1. Non c'è niente da dire. Meraviglioso. E il violino e tutti gli accessori che lo accompagnano - custodia, arco ok (no come soliti bastoni) igrometro, cordiera perfettamentefunzionante, la scelta delle corde buone (daddario prelude)...
2. Questa serie di Cremona ha il suono piccolo, non vola. Vero, qui stiamo parlando dello strumento di basso costo anche se per questa cifra si possono trovare gli strumenti migliori - ai quali però manca completamente il numero 1. Comunque, con un micro intervento sul ponticello e l'anima del liutaio, violino diventa top class.