Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin Outfit - 4/4 ..." and save 56% off the $429.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin Outfit - 4/4 Size
- Strings Magazine reviews SV-500 as "a good choice for anyone looking for a first or second violin" See Video and Product Details PDF file below for the complete review
- Best tone quality for the advanced student and Cremona's most popular violin for sound.Case: Lightweight oblong rigid foam with four bow holders and hygrometer
- Flamed maple with a rich, hand applied reddish-brown varnish finish, hand carved solid spruce and solid maple body
- Set-up to MENC Standards at our Cremona workshop in California with French-made Aubert bridge and US-made Prelude strings
- Low profile, lightweight and well designed Stradivarius-style chinrest, deluxe Brazilwood bow and oblong case
- Quality Swiss-style ebony fittings and select ebony fingerboard with lightweight composite tailpiece for easy tuning
- To learn more about the fantastic features of this product, see Product Description below
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Presenting the Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin Outfit
This fine Cremona violin is crafted from the finest selected tooods. A clear, transparent varnish highlights the straight-grained solid spruce and figured solid maple. The varnish is slightly shaded to suggest the appearance of a fine, old instrument. The edgework and purfling are clean and artistic, and the scroll is beautifully cut. The fingerboard and trimmings are genuine ebony and the violin is given a professional set-up before is leaves our west coast facility. The tone is smooth and pleasing with great carrying power. Though priced for the advanced student, this fine violin would please any professional player. The SV-500 is supplied with a lightweight rigid foam oblong case and a carbon fiber bow. Comes in sizes 4/4 to 1/4.
The finest, highly figured maple forms the backs, sides and necks. Choice, narrow-grained spruce is used for the tops. These aged woods are chosen for their inherent tonal properties as well as their visual appeal.
All instruments exhibit refined and artistic workmanship in every detail of construction. The purfling and edgework is neat and the arching is graduated to perfection. Outfits range in appearance from a beautiful, slightly shaded transparent varnish to the authentic look of a fine, old instrument with natural wear patterns from centuries of use. All Artist violins go through several steps during the setup process to assure the best tone and playability possible before leaving our facilities. Premium D’Addario Prelude or genuine Thomastik Dominant strings are also used.
Fingerboard and Fittings
All fingerboards are beautifully shaped from the most select polished ebony for beauty, playability and durability. The pegs, tailpiece and endpin are of the finest ebony or select boxwood. Some outfits feature a lightweight composite tailpiece with four built-in finetuners.
Outfit includes a lightweight, oblong case with padded plush interior and matching blanket. Depending upon the specific outfit, a Brazilwood bow or a genuine Pernambuco bow is supplied.
Attention to Detail
Cremona Premier Artist Series Violins - The finest hand-craftsmanship ensures superior tone!
Backed by years of expertise as a pioneer in the production of high-quality bowed instruments, Cremona new Artist level violin outfits are perfectly suited for students at the highest levels of education, or the working professional looking for a fantastic sounding and reliable instrument for frequent play. As with all Cremona instruments, each violin in the Artist violin is hand-crafted in the finest Italian tradition by some of the world’s most skilled luthiers, painstakingly hand-carved from the fine tonewoods to achieve a sonorous, sympathetic tone with exceptional carrying power.
- Handcarved and graduated top and back
- Finest solid spruce top and figured solid maple back and sides
- Neck and scroll of figured maple
- Genuine Select ebony fingerboard and trimmings
- Lovely, transparent red brown varnish, slightly shaded
- Fine clean workmanship, neatly inlaid wood purfling
- Lightweight composite tailpiece with 4 built-in fine tuners
- Genuine D'Addario Prelude steel strings
- Lightweight oblong foam case with plush interior and matching blanket
- Quality carbon fiber bow with genuine horsehair
- Meets or exceeds school educational specification standards
- Shop adjusted
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||KK Music Store||KK Music Store||Kennedy Violins||Amazon.com||KK Music Store|
|Hand Orientation||—||Right Handed||Right Handed||—||—||Right Handed|
|Item Dimensions||8.25 x 24 x 4.38 in||12 x 32 x 5 in||12 x 32 x 5 in||—||8.25 x 24 x 4.38 in||13 x 32 x 7 in|
|Instrument Size||4/4 Size||4/4-size (full-size)||4/4-size (full-size)||4/4 (Full)||4/4 Size||4/4-size (full-size)|
SV-500 Series Violin Outfit 4/4 Size. The clear, lovely varnish is orange-brown, slightly shaded, and the tone and workmanship are first-rate. Supplied with a lightweight, 4-tuner tailpiece and D'Addario Prelude steel strings, this violin offers the best tone quality for the advanced student. This outfit comes complete with a genuine horsehair bow, a hardshell case and violin care products. Of the many available student violin starter kits available, this one merits particular consideration. Cremona is a respected brand, and the final inspections on these instruments are made by expert violin makers. Each instrument is setup to Cremona standards at their U.S. workshop and is ready to play the day they arrive, adorned with all of the extras you need to get started. There many things that can interrupt a student's development on his or her instrument. The Cremona SV-500 will not be one of them.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Yes i do but buyer beware its not exactly what they say as far as details....
My instructor is more then impressed!!