Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin Outfit - 4/4 Size
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||24 x 8.25 x 4.38 inches|
|Number of Strings||4|
About this item
- Strings Magazine reviews SV-500 as "a good choice for anyone looking for a first or second violin" See Video and Product Details PDF file below for the complete review
- Best tone quality for the advanced student and Cremona's most popular violin for sound.Case: Lightweight oblong rigid foam with four bow holders and hygrometer
- Flamed maple with a rich, hand applied reddish-brown varnish finish, hand carved solid spruce and solid maple body
- Set-up to MENC Standards at our Cremona workshop in California with French-made Aubert bridge and US-made Prelude strings
- Low profile, lightweight and well designed Stradivarius-style chinrest, deluxe Brazilwood bow and oblong case
- Quality Swiss-style ebony fittings and select ebony fingerboard with lightweight composite tailpiece for easy tuning
- To learn more about the fantastic features of this product, see Product Description below
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics Beginner Violin Bundle, Full Size, Solid wood,Natural - Bow, Strings, Strap, Tuner, Rosin, and Case
Cecilio CVN-300 Solidwood Ebony Fitted Violin with D'Addario Prelude Strings (Size 4/4 (Full Size), Varnish)
Mendini MV500+92D Flamed 1-Piece Back Solid Wood Violin with Case, Tuner, Shoulder Rest, Bow, Rosin, Bridge and Strings (Size: 4/4 (Full Size))
Cecilio CVN-600 Hand Oil Rub Highly Flamed 1-Piece Back Solidwood Violin with D'Addario Prelude Strings, Size 4/4 (Full Size)
Cecilio CVN-500 Solidwood Ebony Fitted Violin with D'Addario Prelude Strings, Size 4/4 (Full Size)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||KK Music Store||KK Music Store||KK Music Store||KK Music Store|
SV-500 Series Violin Outfit 4/4 Size. The clear, lovely varnish is orange-brown, slightly shaded, and the tone and workmanship are first-rate. Supplied with a lightweight, 4-tuner tailpiece and D'Addario Prelude steel strings, this violin offers the best tone quality for the advanced student. This outfit comes complete with a genuine horsehair bow, a hardshell case and violin care products. Of the many available student violin starter kits available, this one merits particular consideration. Cremona is a respected brand, and the final inspections on these instruments are made by expert violin makers. Each instrument is setup to Cremona standards at their U.S. workshop and is ready to play the day they arrive, adorned with all of the extras you need to get started. There many things that can interrupt a student's development on his or her instrument. The Cremona SV-500 will not be one of them.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Nov 2017: The violin is still holding up well with continuous use. It did however develop a horrible vibrating buzzing sound that was caused by a thin layer of varnish overlapping the f hole. This was remedied by simply scraping away the bit of varnish. My kid also has SV-800 which we both agree that it sounds richer than the SV-500. I still think the 500 is good for starting out. The 500 is left at school for orchestra class and the 800 is for used for performances, lessons, and practice at home. We are still irritated by the broken handle on the 500 case, but apparently other kids at school have the same case without the problem. At least the shoulder strap is still functional.
The purfling is nicely cut in. The sides and top are beautiful grains of wood. The back not quite as nice. The seam down the middle is quite apparent. But that doesn't take anything away from its sweet sweet sound. It came fully set up. The bridge was set nice and snug. The pegs were oiled and the strings only needed to be tightened a bit and it was in tune.