Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5 reviews
on February 8, 2008
I first met Jack Coleman during the summer of 1966. (I was 11 years old at the time) My friend Pam Fancher encouraged me to join the children's choir at First Christian Church, Santa Ana. Jack Coleman was the director of music there.

Jack was an amazing human being, who touched the lives of countless people. He did much more than simply pontificate on christianity ... his life and actions embodied it.

As a child, when my family life was in turmoil, he prayed with me and helped me find help. When I was too poor to pay for voice lessons, he taught me free of charge. We corresponded for years. When he passed in 1985, I felt as if I'd lost a family member.

I cried when I first read the contents of this book, as the memories of Jack came flooding forward. I'm grateful that his estate published this treasure. It's so much more than a simple reference manual with definitions of musical terms. It shows how to live life fully, completely and spiritually.

Jack Coleman was an astonishing man, a great teacher, and one of the most genuine people I've ever met. Thank God his insights and spiritual wisdom lives on within the pages of this wonderful book.
on December 6, 2015
This truly blessed my heart each day. The connection between the musical terms and the Christian walk are timeless. I encourage every church's music leader to use this as a source of devotional material at your rehearsals.
on March 6, 2008
I love how this book uses musical concepts as daily inspirations. I never thought i'd see music this way. Great for christian musicians.
on October 22, 2013
Excellent experience with the supplier. Book was exactly as expected. Delivery was quick. Love the material I have read so far. Helps make you a better musician or music lover.
on February 9, 2017