|Item Weight||20 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||16.2 x 19.1 x 3.6 inches|
|Item model number||CTK170CMP2|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
|Measurement System||metric, inch|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $17.04 shipping
Crescent CTK170CMP2 Mechanics Tool Set, 170-Piece
|Price:||$98.79 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$107.34 (52%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Updated version of the best selling CTK170CMP, this new set has a new & sturdier blow mold case as well as new & improved Crescent screwdrivers
- Contains a carefully selected assortment of hand tools needed for most industrial, mechanical, and consumer applications
- Set includes 1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" drive tools (SAE & Metric)
- Tools meet stringent new ANSI and ASME specifications and come with a full satisfaction guarantee
- All tools contained in a sturdy, folding plastic case for easy storage and transport
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Compare to similar items
This item Crescent CTK170CMP2 Mechanics Tool Set, 170-Piece
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Number of Pieces||—||210||145||170||65||53|
Crescent's 170-Piece Mechanics tool set contains a carefully selected assortment of Crescent brand hand tools needed for most industrial, mechanical, and consumer applications. The set includes 1/4-inch, 3/8-inch, and 1/2-inch quick release ratcheting drives with a wide selection of standard and deep sockets in the most common SAE and metric sizes. Included in the set are the following 3/8-inch drive tools: a 72-tooth quick-release ratchet drive, 2 extensions, a 3/8-inch to 1/4-inch adapter, 2 spark plug sockets, 25 twelve point sockets and 10 six point deep sockets (SAE and metric). It also includes the following 1/4-inch drive tools: a 72-tooth quick-release ratchet drive, a 3-inch extension, 22 six-point sockets (SAE and metric). Additionally, there are 12 SAE and metric combination wrenches, 2 pliers, 8-inch adjustable wrench, 4 screwdrivers, a magnetic bit driver with 44 driver bits, and 26 SAE and metric hex keys. All tools in this industrial quality tool set meet stringent new ANSI and ASME specifications and come with a full satisfaction guarantee.
From the flawless chrome finish of its wrenches, ratchets, and sockets to the perfectly balanced and shaped dual-material handles of its screwdrivers, this Crescent 170-piece mechanics tool set (model CTK170CMP) offers an extraordinarily high level of quality. Crescent mechanics tools are made from chrome vanadium steel alloy, specially formulated and heat-treated for high strength and superior resistance to abrasion and corrosion. Every part of every tool -- from the vapor-blasted screwdriver tips to the hardened ratchet gears and pawls -- is designed for extremely long life.
The CTK170CMP set contains all the tools needed for most industrial applications including 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" quick-release ratchets, with a wide selection of standard and deep sockets in the most common SAE and Metric sizes. All tools meet stringent new ANSI and ASME speci?cations.
What's in the Box
- 1/4" Drive, 72-Tooth Quick-Release Ratchet
- 1/4" Drive, 3" Extension
- 1/4" Drive, 6-Pt. Sockets: 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 9/32", 5/16", 11/32", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 4, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 mm
- 3/8" Drive, 72-Tooth Quick-Release Ratchet
- 3/8" Drive, 3" Extension
- 3/8" Drive, 6" Extension
- 3/8" Drive, 3/8" (Female) to 1/4" (Male) Adapter
- 3/8" Drive, Spark Plug Sockets: 5/8", 13/16"
- 3/8" Drive, 12-Pt. Sockets: 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16", 3/4", 7/8", 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 mm
- 3/8" Drive, 6-Pt. Deep Sockets: 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16", 3/4", 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 mm
- 1/2" Drive, 72-Tooth Quick-Release Ratchet
- 1/2" Drive, 5" Extension
- 1/2" Drive, 12-Pt. Sockets: 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 3/4", 7/8", 15, 17, 18, 19, 21 mm
- Combination Wrenches: 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15 mm
- Pliers: 8" Long Nose Cutting and 10" Tongue & Groove
- Wrench: 8" Adjustable
- Magnetic Screwdrivers: 1/4" x 4" Slotted, 3/16" x 3"
- Dura-Driver Magnetic Bit DriverSlotted, #2 x 4" Phillips, #1 x 3" Phillips
- 1" Driver Bits with Holders: Phillips, Slotted, Torx, and Hex
- SAE Hex Keys with Holder
- Metric Hex Keys with Holder
- Storage Case
Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2007, the Crescent brand adjustable wrench is the flagship tool and a true American icon. It is prized by tradesmen and homeowners alike for its utility and durability. Today, Crescent offers many other high quality tools, including tongue and grove pliers, locking pliers, screwdrivers, and nutdrivers.
CTK170CMP 170-Piece Mechanics Tool Set
At a Glance
- Carefully selected assortment of hand tools needed for most industrial, mechanical, and consumer applications
- 3/8-inch drive tools and 1/4-inch drive tools are included (SAE and metric)
- Contained in a sturdy, folding plastic case for easy storage and transport
- Meets new ANSI and ASME specifications
Top Customer Reviews
That being said, -1 star because the case needs work. Some of the tools can fall out of their position when closing the case. Others are extremely difficult to get out because they are in too tightly. I have another Crescent tool set very similar to this, and a number of the tools in that set can also fall out when closing it. As well, the red latches on this case come off very easily (see attached picture), especially if you hold onto them to help close the lid.
I take off another star for the bit quality. I used a Phillips bit today to put in 2 screws. The bit got damaged... after only 2 screws! See attached picture for the damage. I'm a bit worried that the rest of the bits are also this shoddy quality and will be damaged after very light use.
Second, as for the quality of these tools, they are up to Crescent's standards and I find them to be very strong. Plus, they come with a lifetime warranty. I have used the ratchets and many of the sockets and wrenches with confidence. There is a decent variety of tools and a wide array of sizes for most tasks. This set does not include the larger sizes or the very small sizes which are rarely needed. Also, the "adjustable" wrench is a cheap generic. I have authentic Crescent adjustable wrenches and there is no comparison.
Except for the cheap adjustable wrench, this is a very good tool set. I expect many years of dependable use from these tools.
This has fewer total pieces than the competing Stanley set, but they're all necessary, essential mechanic's tools in metric and SAE sizes--no throwaway items like box cutters, tape measures, etc. I especially like the TWELVE box/open-end wrenches. Everything is full-size and of first-rate quality (the adjustable "crescent" wrench may be an exception)--beautifully chromed and polished, no sharp edges, an absolute pleasure in the hand. Turning the ratchets is like winding a nice old-fashioned pocket watch.
The molded case is all right as such things go--generally holds the pieces in place and keeps things organized. But of course such cases are problematic. Over the years, with use, wear, and item replacements, tools tend to get jumbled. Eventually everything will end up helter-skelter in an old canvas bag. Fortunately, the tools should last forever, and there are not many things you can say that about.
Crescent. The developers of the "Crescent" wrench. Every tool in this kit is marked with the Crescent name with the exception of the adjustable (Crescent) wrench. You would figure that the developers of this wrench would take the time to actually put a Crescent wrench in the kit. But no. The adjustable wrench was just some no name tool. The included adjustable wrench is the lowest quality tool in the kit.