Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
on June 7, 2015
As a New Orleans native, and a well traveled foodie, Susan Spicer is a goddess! Her restaurants Bayona, and the newer one in City Park are just amazing. With an incredible variety if outstanding restaurants at our doorsteps, this is always a top choice among locals. This is my third copy of this book as I've had to gift the other two to close friends who've experienced this joy on special occasions. I should just buy them in bulk! Meanwhile, the recipes are easy to follow and always bring such pleasure for my guests at home, or in my travels.
on December 23, 2016
Recipes can be very simple but reference other recipes that then build a hole meal and other ideas , like how the book is written and the way things are organised . Love her New Orleans style it's her own take on food with a bit or New Orleans creative process thrown in. Good book that will be used when looking for something different to change what I'm making . I see years of it being on my cooking books shelf to slowly digest it's contents :)
on March 22, 2008
I received this book about three weeks ago, and have cooked almost exclusively from it since it arrived. Not one thing has disappointed. I sent my daughter a copy, since she spent most of a visit copying recipes from mine. We did the shrimp boil while she was here (delicious) with the epiphany lemon tart for dessert. Since then, my husband and I have enjoyed the shrimp with green chile cheese grits, and the Madeira mushrooms over goat cheese croutons. I've been reading it like a novel in bed at night, anxiously awaiting the next meal I can make from it. The photographs are beautiful, the writing approachable. Buy it.
on June 16, 2017
the recepies sound great, nice book lots of pictures and in great shape. shipped right on time....
on December 12, 2016
This is a great book, but there are pen scribbles and a stamp on my book jacket cover. Can't exactly give it as a gift. I plan to return.
review image
on February 19, 2012
What a beautiful book! I was so taken, I bought additional ones for Christmas gifts. The photography is beautiful, and the recipes
so enticing but well within the range of a home cook and with most ingredients (if not all) available at your average chain grocery.
Ms. Spicer is such a delight its easy to see why she is a top Chef in a city known for its food - New Orleans. You can't go wrong. And, if you ever find yourself in this intriguing city, visit her restaurant, Bayona, you will be equally delighted.
on April 27, 2016
Looking forward to trying some of these recipes...the recipes look amazing. The pictures don't do justice to the recipes.
on March 5, 2014
A cookbook that isn't full of all the native dishes of the region. What I liked about this book is the vast global travels that influenced Susan's recipes. Really unique and interesting recipes that will be a pleasure to try, if not I will enjoy reading the stories to the recipes.
on January 26, 2016
When you go to NOLA you must go to Bayona. It is one of my all time favorites and not to be missed. These recipes come from there.
on July 19, 2016