Crescent MG38-BK 38" Acoustic Guitar Starter Package, Black (Includes CrescentTM Digital E-Tuner)
|Price:||$43.83 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$76.16 (63%)|
- Complete 38 Inch Acoustic Guitar Set in Black
- Ideal for Beginning Students
- Linden Binding and Wood Construction with Geared Tuning
- Wood Frame and Steel Strings
- Set Includes: Extra Strings, Gig Bag, Carrying Strap, Guitar Pick, Pitch Pipe Tuner, CrescentTM Digital E-Tuner
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Crescent MG38-BK 38" Acoustic Guitar Starter Package, Black (Includes CrescentTM Digital E-Tuner)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Donn K|
|Number Of Strings||6||6||6||6|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
The Guitar also features linden binding and geared tuning. The tuning pegs are made of brass and steel for ease of tuning and to keep the tuned strings held in position. This Acoustic Guitar set also features everything you need to get started with your Guitar. The set includes a full set of extra strings, gig bag, carrying strap, Guitar pick, and pitch pipe tuner. This Acoustic Guitar set makes a great gift and is a great value for the money!
Also for a limited time, receive a bonus CrescentTM Digital E-Tuner with your purchase!
Top Customer Reviews
When I gave the guitar to my 7 year old who wants to "learn to play like Daddy", she just about fell over. She didn't care that it was not a Taylor Grand Concert or another name brand, she had a guitar. I read alot about the comments stating that the guitar could not be tuned, and being a guitar enthusiast I felt differently. Here is a tip, yes if you try to do a standard tuning on the guitar, it will bow the neck backwards causing it to seem impossible to tune, however if you tune it down an octave you get several benefits. 1) the strings are easier to press which is vital for young hands just learning to play chords 2) the tension on the neck is minimal causing it not to bow and then the tuning works just fine. 3) you have a very happy child who thinks the world of you.
I will not say buyer beware, because for the price this is a good buy. If you want your child to be the next Joe Satriani and high quality is what you believe is important in a 1st guitar then you shouldn't buy this one. On the other hand, if you have intelligence you realize that you can make a minimal investment to offer your child the opportunity to learn the art of music and as they advance then you can go to your local guitar retailer and pay the higher price for the name brand guitar.Read more ›
The cardboard case was damaged and the guitar had a 1-2 inch scratch on the side of the neck. I filed no claim because the instrument:
1. remains in tune,
2. has excellent (unexpected) resonance,
3. neck is straight, and,
4. I am going to convert it into a resonator.
It is about 38" long, slightly less than standard.
Even if I wasn't about to make the conversion, I highly recommend the guitar, particularily because to the surprisingly rich sound. It also works well for bottleneck slide
If I could have found a broken, usable guitar for the conversion, I'd leave the $29.99 as is because it is certainly worth the price. I sorta hate to cut it how (but it just occured to me that it will sound very good as a resonator also.
1) It's not perfect, duh. You hear these people complaining about little nicks in the wood under the paint.. It's a $10.00 guitar, not a Taylor.
2) Everyone was right, you DEFINITELY have to replace the strings. They're worthless. Someone suggested getting nylons? No. If you want your fingers to callus so that you can actually play guitar- you're going to need to buy steels. If it's for a little child, nylons should be fine, but if you're some college kid like me that just wanted a cheap guitar to play in their dorm- steels, steels, steels.
3) The accessories the guitar come with are all pretty.. lame. They gave me a bass pick? Haha, like thanks a lot for the bass pick and the acoustic guitar... The "soft, gig" bag is a cheaply made gym bag in the shape of a guitar. Actually, my gym bag is of WAY better quality.. it's just too small for a guitar. The extra set of strings are still as bogus as the first, and the only real thing worth having is the tuning pipe, but there are easier ways to tune these anyway.
There are some upsides, like:
1) You only paid $10 for it. And for what you're paying for, it's worth having a guitar around.
2) It doesn't stayed tuned for the LONGEST time, so you get plenty of practice in tuning it, especially if you're learning to tune by ear. (I think this is a plus for beginners... If you turn out to be a decent guitarist one day but still need mummy to tune it for you, that's a problem!)
3) This product that I received is not total crap. Some people complained about there's being "un-tunable"... Mine tunes just fine.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The guitar came quickly, which was a real plus. My daughter (13) is using it to take beginning guitar class, and so far, it's working quite well. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Erica Marks
Bought this guitar in February. once received, straight out the box a guitar string was broken but easily fixed. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this for my son and the only thing wrong with it was that it did not come with the other thingy to put the strap on it. But he liked the color. Its ok for beginners.Published 6 days ago by Jesus*Loves*U
I ordered this for my sons 10th Birthday. He had been asking for a guitar for 6 months. He loves this guitar. Read morePublished 7 days ago by mom2three
My 8 year old was desperate for a guitar. This has been her favorite thing some it arrived.Published 7 days ago by Nicolette Eggerud
I was a bit disappointed when I received this guitar set. The guitar itself has a very visible paint or glue drip. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Judy
My daughter absolutely loves her pink left handed guitar. Everything she needed came with it. Her guitar instructor even said it was a cool, well made guitar. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Carla B
Perfect for my 8 year old ! Has to replace the strings as he was tuning it they snapped he was upset he has been tuning his own guitar for the past 3 years and broke a string. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Amazon Customer