Crest Pro-Health Advanced Gum Restore Toothpaste, Deep Clean 3.7 Oz (Pack of 3)
|Price:||$14.99 ($1.35 / Ounce) Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns|
Enhance your purchase
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Item Weight||0.84 Pounds|
About this item
- You will receive (3) 3.7oz tubes of Crest Pro-Health Advanced Gum Restore Deep Clean Toothpaste
- Formulated with Amino Acid Glycine
- Healthier gums in 7 days by treating gingivitis
- Contains Stannous Fluoride as a treatment againt cavities and gingivitis
- Neutralizes plaque causing bacteria below the gum line
- American Dental Association (ADA) Approved
- From the #1 Toothpaste Brand in America.*P&G calculation based on U.S. reported sales data for yr ending w/o 12/26/20
Customers also search
From the manufacturer
It's clinically proven to detoxify below the gum line to restore your mouth, and helps heal gums in as little as 7 days.
Helps Heal Gums in 7 Days*
The secret to great teeth is having healthy gums. Crest Pro-Health Advanced Gum Restore Deep Clean Toothpaste uses an Amino Acid formula to promote gum healing in just 7 days by treating gingivitis. It contains stannous fluoride for anticavity and anti-gingivitis protection. Help restore gums for a healthier smile with Crest Advanced Gum Restore.
*by treating gingivitis
Two product options available: Deep Clean & Whitening
Restores gums by promoting healing at the gum line with the unique Amino Acid formula for clinically proven healthier gums
American Dental Association (ADA) approved
|Crest Advanced Gum Restore Whitening||Gum Detoxify||Gum & Sensitivity|
|Main Benefit||Clinically proven to detoxify below the gum line to restore your mouth.||Detoxify even around the gum line for healthier gums.||Start working on sensitivity immediately for relief within days* *starts working immediately by clocking tubules.|
Clinically proven healthier gums. Crest Pro-Health Advanced gum restore deep clean Toothpaste uses an amino acid formula to promote gum healing in just 7 days. Contains stannous fluoride for Anticavity and antigingivitis protection. Helps restore gums for a healthier smile. By treating gingivitis
- Product Dimensions : 1.93 x 1.61 x 6.02 inches; 13.44 Ounces
- Item model number : 37000690634
- UPC : 037000690634
- Manufacturer : AmazonUs/PRFZ7
- ASIN : B08MMD7T1Q
- Country of Origin : USA
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,345 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- #44 in Toothpaste
- Customer Reviews:
Reviewed in the United States on August 3, 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So I set out to correct this, first by finding a better toothpaste, and second by brushing more often, 4 times per day at each meal and before going to bed. I used to always buy the cheap toothpaste. In the long run, you actually save money if you buy a high quality toothpaste that will do a better job. Look how much it costs to fix a cavity or treat gum disease these days.
I researched various toothpastes, and it came down to these two by Crest:
- Crest Pro-Health Advanced Gum Restore Deep Clean
- Crest Gum Detoxify Deep Clean
So what are the differences between the two? This is what I found:
- Restore is newer to the market than Detoxify.
- Detoxify neutralizes plaque bacteria AROUND the gum line, while Restore neutralizes plaque bacteria BELOW the gum line.
- Detoxify is designed to prevent gingivitis, while Restore is designed to repair gingivitis once you have it. By default, Restore would also prevent gingivitis if you don't already have it.
- Both Restore and Detoxify contain Stannous Fluoride as an active ingredient, which is more effective than Sodium Fluoride. However most toothpaste manufacturers are now using the Stannous (until recently, Colgate used primarily Sodium Fluoride).
- Restore contains the amino acid Glycine, while Detoxify does not. if you do the research, you will see many health benefits of Glycine. However there was very little information on how Glycine benefits teeth or gums. Update: the box containing the toothpaste states that it is "Uniquely stabilized with amino acid Glycine to unleash the power of stannous fluoride".
So I purchased the Restore rather than the Detoxify. The Expiration Date shown on the 3-pack I received was March 2024, which is 2 years and 9 months after the purchase date. If anyone needs more time than that to use up a 3-pack, then they are not brushing enough.
I also found the Restore in the local big box store shortly after purchasing the 3-pack on Amazon. I was surprised that the unit price was significantly cheaper on Amazon.
- I noticed there is a slight foaming effect while brushing with this toothpaste, something I do not recall in any other toothpaste I have used. I suspect it assists in allowing the toothpaste to better distribute in and around the gum area.
- I have had some sensitivity recently along most of my lower right gums, something I have never had in the past. As of the last few days, after using Crest Restore for 2 weeks and brushing 4 times per day, that sensitivity is now completely gone.
- I just had the 3 cavities filled. The cost was over $1100 and that is without Novocain. That further incentivizes me to brush 4 times per day. It's also a good justification for buying a toothpaste that is a little more expensive than some of the cheaper ones.
- I finished the first tube of toothpaste today and kept track of how long it would take, which was 36 days brushing 4 times per day. I just looked it up, and the recommended amount to use when brushing is the size of a pea, which is about what I always use.
I just read a review on Detoxify where the reviewer stated she had a serious problem because of an ingredient names Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). After researching it, I found it is a cleaning ingredient that is in most toothpastes, including Crest and Colgate. However it can sometimes can cause canker sores.
I subsequently called Crest and spoke with a representative for quite some time. She said the ingredient is in all Crest toothpastes, and that Crest is in compliance with FDA and ADA guidelines on its use. After my research and lengthy conversation with the Crest representative, I have no issues with continuing use of this toothpaste.
However, here is something important, at least for me: As I mentioned in my review, after some dental problems I had started brushing 4 times per day. I told the Crest representative and she said that is too much. Crest recommends brushing twice per day, or no more than 3 times. Brushing more than that can cause problems with the enamel. According to the rep, the most important time to brush is before bed, and then go with brushing again either after breakfast or lunch. So I am now changing to twice per day, which will be after breakfast, because it is my meal with the most sugars/sweets, and then again before bed. The Crest rep also said they recommend you brush for 2 minutes, which I did not know.
Prior to brushing I also use a dental rinse (generic version of Plax). I just looked at the ingredients on that, and it also contains SLS. However, I will continue to use the rinse before brushing.
Enter Crest Pro-Health Advanced Gum Restore Toothpaste. No, I'm not getting paid for this review but you might think so because I'm raving about this new toothpaste. It has made a HUGE difference in the health of my teeth and gums. The plaque building up at the base of my teeth is GONE!!. My gums look so much healthier. Even areas where I had the beginning of recessed gums has reversed. It took about 2 weeks to start seeing a difference. Now I've been using this toothpaste for close to a year and the difference is like night and day.
There are two new Crest toothpastes for gums. One is called "Detoxify" and the other is called "Restore". I purchased both and alternate, brushing once a day with one after breakfast and once a day with the other before bedtime.
But at least the tooth paste helps some....
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.