Le Creuset LS2501-2667 Signature Enameled Cast-Iron Round French (Dutch) Oven, 5-1/2-Quart, Cerise
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 45% larger handles that provide a sure grip, even with oven mitts. Heat Source-Ceramic Hob, Electric Hob, Gas Hob, Grill, Oven safe, Induction hob
- The superior heat distribution and retention of le creuset enameled cast iron
- An advanced sand-colored interior enamel with even more resistance to wear
- A larger composite knob that withstands temperatures up to 500ºF
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel that resists chipping and cracking
- 5-1/2-quart round-shaped French oven made of enameled cast iron
- Cast-iron loop side handles; black, phenolic, stay-cool lid knob
Frequently bought together
Like or dislike for instant recommendations
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Le Creuset Signature Round Oven pictured in Cerise (Cherry Red).
Since 1925, Le Creuset cast iron has been recognized for its strength and durability. Cast individually in sand molds, then hand-inspected by French artisans, each piece represents a rich heritage and continues a tradition of lasting, authentic design.
- Le Creuset is focused on inspiring and empowering people everywhere to make joy through cooking. From our original enameled cast iron cookware to stoneware, stainless, silicone and more, Le Creuset has grown to offer products across a range of materials and categories that guarantees the right tool for the right job.
Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 5-1/2-Quart Round French Oven
Also known as a Dutch oven, this updated kitchen classic enhances the cooking process by evenly distributing heat and locking in the optimal amount of moisture. With ergonomic handles and an advanced interior enamel that resists chipping and cleans easily, Le Creuset's French ovens blend the best of the past with the latest innovations in comfort and functionality.
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking; interior enamel is engineered to resist staining and dulling
- Sand-colored interior enamel makes it easy to monitor food as it cooks, preventing burning and sticking
- Oversized handles provide even weight distribution and a secure grip
- Ergonomic composite knobs are heat resistant to 500 degrees
- Built-in lid stabilizers provide a secure, no-slide fit
- The lightest weight per quart of any premium cast iron cookware available
Enameled cast iron is a remarkable and robust material that performs well with modern requirements for food preparation and cooking. Whether you choose to stir-fry, slow-cook a casserole, sear a steak or bake a cake, there is a shape that is suitable. Cast iron performs well for either slow cooking or high-temperature searing.
Cast iron can be used reliably on any heat source, including induction, and with any oven or grill. It has the ability to retain heat efficiently, which allows for use of lower heat settings in stovetop and oven cooking. On the table, a hot covered dish will keep food hot for second servings.
Cast iron can also be used to keep foods cold. A chilled dish becomes an ideal cold food server on a hot summer day. It can also be placed in the freezer for food storage or advanced food preparation.
High heat temperatures should only be used for boiling water for vegetables or pasta, or for reducing the consistency of stocks or sauces. High heats should never be used to preheat a pan before lowering the heat for cooking. Cast iron retains heat so efficiently that overheating will cause food to burn or stick.
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics Premium Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 5-Quart, Deep Hunter Green
Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven With Stainless Steel Knob and Loop Handles, 6 Quart, Red
Le Creuset ECC251 Enameled Cast Iron Cookware Cleaner, 8.45 oz
Le Creuset LS2501-287FSS Signature Enameled Cast-Iron Round French (Dutch) Oven, 7-1/4-Quart, Oyster
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven With Loop Handles, 5 qt
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Color||Cherry||Deep Hunter Green||Red||—||Oyster||Cast Iron|
|Item Dimensions||10.00 x 10.75 x 4.00 inches||13.30 x 10.23 x 4.76 inches||14.00 x 7.00 x 12.00 inches||1.50 x 1.50 x 5.50 inches||13.00 x 13.50 x 6.30 inches||12.62 x 10.38 x 6.30 inches|
|Material||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Not Applicable||Cast Iron||Cast Iron|
|Size||5.5 qt||Round 5-Quart||6 Quart||8.45 oz.||7.25 qt.||5 qt|
Designed specifically to enhance the slow-cooking process by evenly distributing heat and locking in the optimal amount of moisture, the Signature Collection round French Oven blends the best of the past with the latest innovations for comfort and functionality. Handcrafted one at a time inside our Fresnoy-Le-Grand foundry for nearly a century, Le Creuset round French Ovens have been a fixture in homes and restaurants around the world for generations. Their enduring quality, wide-ranging versatility and stylish colors have made them indispensable in the kitchen and cherished around the table.
This 5-1/2-quart French oven by Le Creuset is the most forgiving pan I've ever used. If you just happen to forget you're sautéing onions for a soup while you answer the telephone, there's no need to worry--the onions won't burn. Enameled cast iron has been recognized as one of the best materials available for cookware because it retains heat and promotes gentle, even cooking at low heat ensuring that the best flavor is brought out from the ingredients. It's perfect for use on any heat source--gas, electric, radiant, ceramic, halogen, induction, or solid fuel. There's also a tight-fitting, enameled cast-iron lid that helps seal in heat and flavor. Food will be kept hot as you bring it to the table for serving. And you will certainly want to serve out of this beautiful piece--the deep color and shiny finish will brighten any table setting. --Jane DePaolo
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've seen a few people note that their products came chipped and have rated it a 1 star. Definitely not the product's fault, so take those with a grain of salt.
Top international reviews
For years I've used a good quality stainless steel pot (Kuhn Rikon) but this is better and requires very little heat to keep it bubbling away. Easy to clean.