Le Creuset Signature Iron Handle Skillet, 10-1/4-Inch, Cerise (Cherry Red)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Heavyweight fry pan requires very little oil, making it an excellent choice for low-fat cooking
- Optimized for steady, even heat, Le Creusets improved enamel interior resists staining, dulling, and wear and tear
- Black enamel interior requires no additional seasoning, unlike other cast-iron cookware
- New large loop helper handle facilitates lifting the pan and provides a better grip even while wearing oven mitts
- Enameled cast-iron construction provides superior heat retention. Dishwasher safe for fast, convenient cleanup
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Handle Skillet
- Comfort foods like cornbread are often prepared in a cast iron skillet lined with bacon drippings or vegetable oil and chefs everywhere attest to the cast iron skillet's unique ability to produce the desired balance of a crispy golden crust and a soft, fluffy interior.
Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 10-1/4-Inch Skillet with Iron Handle
Cast iron skillets have long been treasured kitchen staples for stove top frying and oven baking and the Iron Handle Skillet from Le Creuset delivers that same level of reliable performance time and time again. With a durable satin black interior enamel and brilliant exterior enamel, the Iron Handle Skillet is protected inside and out from chipping, cracking and excessive wear. Over time, the skillet's slightly abrasive interior develops a natural patina that is ideal for searing and frying.
- Chip- and crack-resistant enamel won't react to foods
- Integral iron handle; easy-grip helper handle; dual pour spouts
- Durable black enamel finish requires no seasoning
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron
Each piece from our extensive range of high-quality enameled cast iron cookware is designed for ease and versatility of use, fitting in with all styles of cooking, all types of cooking appliances and any style of kitchen or dining décor. Please read this section before using your cookware for the first time. The information it contains will help you achieve the best possible cooking results.
Enameled cast iron is a remarkable and robust material that performs well with modern requirements for food preparation and cooking. Whether you choose to stir-fry, slow-cook a casserole, sear a steak or bake a cake, there is a shape that is suitable. Cast iron performs well for either slow cooking or high-temperature searing.
Cooking tips for shallow frying and sautéing:
For frying and sautéing, the fat should be hot before adding food. Bring the pan and fat or oil to the correct temperature together.
Oil is hot enough when there is a gentle ripple in its surface. For butter and other fats, bubbling or foaming indicates the correct temperature. If either begins smoking, or if butter begins browning, it is too hot and should be cooled slightly before proceeding. The quickest way to do this is to remove the pan from the heat source for a few moments. For longer shallow frying a mixture of oil and butter gives excellent results.
Cast iron can also be used to keep foods cold. A chilled dish becomes an ideal cold food server on a hot summer day. It can also be placed in the freezer for food storage or advanced food preparation.
High heat temperatures should only be used for boiling water for vegetables or pasta, or for reducing the consistency of stocks or sauces. High heats should never be used to preheat a pan before lowering the heat for cooking. Cast iron retains heat so efficiently that overheating will cause food to burn or stick.
The vitreous enamel surface is impermeable and therefore ideal for raw or cooked food storage, and for marinating with acidic ingredients such as wine.
Compare to similar items
This item Le Creuset Signature Iron Handle Skillet, 10-1/4-Inch, Cerise (Cherry Red)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Cherry||Cherry||Red Silicone||Cherry||As Shown||Red|
|Item Dimensions||16.9 x 11.6 x 1.8 in||18.8 x 13.5 x 1.9 in||13 x 19 x 6 in||7.5 x 8.9 x 1.8 in||10.25 x 10.25 x 1.75 in||3 x 19 x 12 in|
|Material Type||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Stainless Steel||Cast Iron|
|Size||10-1/4-Inch||11 3/4"||12"||6 1/3"||9-Inch Round||11 inches|
Inspired by nearly a century of culinary craftsmanship, Le Creuset is proud to present the Signature collection as the next evolution of its enameled cast-iron cookware. Signature seamlessly blends Le Creusets classic form and feel with the latest ergonomic and functional innovations.