BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 28, 2015
I read the reviews here about people getting fake Cricket brushes but never thought I would be one of those people but I was! I received my 2" brush and it looked fine. After a few hours. I remembered to look at the handle as I saw photos here of real vs fake brush handles and sure enough, mine said "antibacterial" on the handle not antimicrobial as stated. It also said Centrix,not Cricket on the handle. I asked a rep for Cricket/Technique if my brush was authentic and she said that it should say antimicrobial on the handle and that she believed that my brush was not authentic. Sheeeesh! Amazon was great in dealing with the issue quickly and to my satisfaction but it's pretty upsetting to order something and get a knock off. I attached photos so you can see what my handle said. If yours says the same, it is not an authentic Cricket brush according to the Cricket rep I spoke to. Buyer beware!

UPDATE: May 14, 2016: I received an email from someone who says that this brush is the real deal, just older stock. He commented twice above as well so you can read his comments. I am going by what the Cricket rep told me personally. I suggest that you get in touch with Cricket if you get a brush like mine to be sure it is just the old markings and not counterfeit. I really don't know what to think but I am updating to say that I am not sure at this point whether I got an old brush with old markings or a fake. Clearly the person who emailed me feels strongly that I am misleading people about the brush's authenticity. I would not do that. I went and am going by what I was personally told by a rep. I guess you will have to do a little digging and questioning if you get a brush like mine. I received a refund and have no desire to order another one at this point.
review image review image review image review image review image
55 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2015
I saw a few reviews about counterfeit brushes and thought, oh that won't happen to me -- but it did! I received one of the "anti-bacterial" Centrix brushes (photos included). Will be sending this back on Monday. Very disappointed.
review image review image
11 comment| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2013
I love this brush! I have short, very, very, very fine hair - imagine baby hair that feels like duck feathers. This brush gives my hair volume plus smooths it. This is the first brush I have ever owned that makes it easy to style my hair. I feel like I just left the salon. The barrel really heats up which allows the the brush to set in a little wave and also adds tons of volume at the roots. The bristles really grab my hair so that my hair will curl around the barrel instead of just slipping through the bristles (most brushes don't have that kind of grab on fine, silky hair). Anyway, I can't say enough good things about this brush. I am going to order the 1.25" and 3/4" as well.
on April 11, 2014
The bristles on this brush are much too sharp. I've had similiar brushes in the past that worked great. But I can't even use this one, because the bristles scratch my scalp. Unless you have a very tough scalp (and I mean VERY), don't buy this brush.
on January 5, 2015
I needed a new large round brush so I typed it into Amazon and read some reviews. I didn't quite understand how people could have such passionate feelings about a brush. Round brushes are great, and do better things for my hair than a paddle brush when drying, but let's not be dramatic. KIDDING PEOPLE IT'S TIME TO GET DRAMATIC. This brush is amazing. It doesn't tangle in my hair, it's so smooth that I don't need to go over it with a flat iron after which is my usual fashion, and somehow my hair has like 3 times the volume. If you need a new round brush do yourself a favor. My hair is just past my shoulders but I love the XXL brush, I suppose that's a personal preference though!
on March 26, 2013
You see what you get. The bristles are hard and VERY SCRATCHY. If you accidentally rub the brush against your neck, it hurts. I didn't want my money to go to waste so I've used this for a bit but no more. This is crap. Unless your next skin is thick as a cereal box (sorry, suck at analogies) this brush is not for you. Also, my hair gets stuck in the bottom black thing that caps the brush and pulls extra hair out. So no. Don't get this. Writing about this made me more pissed off so I'm lowering the star from two stars to one.
VINE VOICEon February 19, 2014
When I opened my "brush drawer" I saw one of my kids had broken my favorite brush! Fortunately I was able to look at the model number on the top of the brush #370 and then buy the same item here at Amazon! California prices are double what other stores charge, so when I found it here at a much lower price I was thrilled!

This brush works great with a low heat hairdryer. When my brush arrived it had an annoying static electricity effect, so I quickly resolved the annoyance. I sprayed my new brush with hairspray and the static went away. The bristles are firm when the brush arrives, and it softens after about two weeks of use. The brush is perfect for a large curl effect. If you prefer straight hair, use a flat brush instead.
on December 8, 2015
Prompt delivery, great product. My husband and I use this barrel style brush at least twice daily along with a pet brush on our two older kitties. Our talkative siamese mix meOWs for more brushing at their "grooming perch." We placed a mat on top of a hall cabinet. We trained our kitties by brushing them each time they're at their perch. Now they jump up with expectations and we groom them at that spot. The brush handle has a hole for hanging up and it sets above the perch along with the traditional pet brush and a lint (kitty fur removal from clothing!) brush. They LOVE this brush. I like to brush in the opposite direction of their fur to pull up any loose fur and this works well. It makes it easy to continue brushing as I turn the barrel (more fur to pick up, less stopping!). The style of this barrel brush also makes it easy to clean with my hand after use. The vacuum comes in handy to pull out the fur from the brush too.
review image
on June 22, 2015
Great brush! I have fine hair that is cut in a short bob and my hair doesn't get tangled in this brush at all. I will be buying this brush from now on. Nice bonus is having the little hair pick in the handle also. I bought the brush from 'bebeautiful' and they provided good service and fast shipping for a great price. Buy this brush, you won't be sorry!
review image review image
on December 26, 2012
I really like how firm this brush is when handling the hair. I am a hairdresser and I have been blowing out hair for 16 years :) This is a great brush :)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.