Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 463 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 498 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 28, 2015
I read the reviews here about people getting fake Cricket brushes but never thought I would be one of those people but I was! I received my 2" brush and it looked fine. After a few hours. I remembered to look at the handle as I saw photos here of real vs fake brush handles and sure enough, mine said "antibacterial" on the handle not antimicrobial as stated. It also said Centrix,not Cricket on the handle. I asked a rep for Cricket/Technique if my brush was authentic and she said that it should say antimicrobial on the handle and that she believed that my brush was not authentic. Sheeeesh! Amazon was great in dealing with the issue quickly and to my satisfaction but it's pretty upsetting to order something and get a knock off. I attached photos so you can see what my handle said. If yours says the same, it is not an authentic Cricket brush according to the Cricket rep I spoke to. Buyer beware!

UPDATE: May 14, 2016: I received an email from someone who says that this brush is the real deal, just older stock. He commented twice above as well so you can read his comments. I am going by what the Cricket rep told me personally. I suggest that you get in touch with Cricket if you get a brush like mine to be sure it is just the old markings and not counterfeit. I really don't know what to think but I am updating to say that I am not sure at this point whether I got an old brush with old markings or a fake. Clearly the person who emailed me feels strongly that I am misleading people about the brush's authenticity. I would not do that. I went and am going by what I was personally told by a rep. I guess you will have to do a little digging and questioning if you get a brush like mine. I received a refund and have no desire to order another one at this point.
review image review image review image review image review image
88 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2015
I saw a few reviews about counterfeit brushes and thought, oh that won't happen to me -- but it did! I received one of the "anti-bacterial" Centrix brushes (photos included). Will be sending this back on Monday. Very disappointed.
review image review image
11 comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2014
It states on the label that the brush is anti-static. Nothing could be further from the truth. It makes my hair more static-y than any brush I've ever used. I honestly bought it, tried to use it and never bothered with it since. It was too cheap to send back, so I didn't bother.
on March 26, 2013
You see what you get. The bristles are hard and VERY SCRATCHY. If you accidentally rub the brush against your neck, it hurts. I didn't want my money to go to waste so I've used this for a bit but no more. This is crap. Unless your next skin is thick as a cereal box (sorry, suck at analogies) this brush is not for you. Also, my hair gets stuck in the bottom black thing that caps the brush and pulls extra hair out. So no. Don't get this. Writing about this made me more pissed off so I'm lowering the star from two stars to one.
on April 11, 2014
The bristles on this brush are much too sharp. I've had similiar brushes in the past that worked great. But I can't even use this one, because the bristles scratch my scalp. Unless you have a very tough scalp (and I mean VERY), don't buy this brush.
on May 3, 2013
I love this brush! I have short, very, very, very fine hair - imagine baby hair that feels like duck feathers. This brush gives my hair volume plus smooths it. This is the first brush I have ever owned that makes it easy to style my hair. I feel like I just left the salon. The barrel really heats up which allows the the brush to set in a little wave and also adds tons of volume at the roots. The bristles really grab my hair so that my hair will curl around the barrel instead of just slipping through the bristles (most brushes don't have that kind of grab on fine, silky hair). Anyway, I can't say enough good things about this brush. I am going to order the 1.25" and 3/4" as well.
on January 5, 2015
I needed a new large round brush so I typed it into Amazon and read some reviews. I didn't quite understand how people could have such passionate feelings about a brush. Round brushes are great, and do better things for my hair than a paddle brush when drying, but let's not be dramatic. KIDDING PEOPLE IT'S TIME TO GET DRAMATIC. This brush is amazing. It doesn't tangle in my hair, it's so smooth that I don't need to go over it with a flat iron after which is my usual fashion, and somehow my hair has like 3 times the volume. If you need a new round brush do yourself a favor. My hair is just past my shoulders but I love the XXL brush, I suppose that's a personal preference though!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 17, 2016
This brush doesn't work for me. I'm not concerned about authenticity. I'm concern about the bristles of the brush collapsing when instead, they should be picking up my hair, and working their way through them. Even a section at a time, it cannot do.

I have fairly thick hair. Not as thick as it used to be. It is very long, waist length. I bought this brush to do blow-outs with. This brush cannot even support its own weight when you set it on a table. The bristles collapse under its own weight. The bristles of this brush absolutely can't get through even a tiny section of my hair.

I talked to my hairstylist about this situation. She does blowouts on my hair when I go in to see her, and she uses a cork-core brush on me. Apparently few hair types can tolerate the heat these brushes build. I looked them up and they are very pricey. Still, I haven't found out about the bristles on the brush.

However, what I've found that works for me at home is Denman Heavyweight 9 Row Styling Brush D5 This is also the only brush that I can use that will actually brush through my hair. I don't know how long this brush will last through blow dryer heat, but at least the bristles don't collapse. It's an awesome brush.

I will also say that I am not a blow-out expert by any means, but clearly I'm trying. My arm cannot reach the ends of my own hair. I love the look and I mimic it with an extra large curling iron. I'll keep trying!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 25, 2016
I color my hair and am a light blonde. I have always had problems with my hair getting caught in brushes. I have tried several different brushes.
Love this brush! Makes drying and straightening my hair so much easier and faster. No tangling, hair doesn't get caught in handle as some other brushes. Retains heat from the blow-dryer very well. I'm able to create long lasting waves in my hair with this brush. I don't know if this brush works for everyone but for fine, wavy, crazy, frizzy hair it's the bomb!
on March 20, 2017
I really like it - haven't had any problems with it getting tangled in my hair like some reviewers mention. Does what it's supposed to, does it efficiently. I would recommend.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.