Cricut 29-0001 Personal Electronic Cutting Machine
|Material||Plastic with Steel blades|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||17.8 x 9.7 x 12.9 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Portable electronic cutting machine for greeting cards, scrapbooks, and other paper crafts
- Cut letters, shapes, or phrases; works with vellum, paper, cardstock, and vinyl
- Cuts from 1 inch up to 5-1/2 inches tall
- Cartridge-based system; no computer required; George and Basic Shapes cartridge included
- Measures 17-4/5 by 9-2/3 by 12-8/9 inches; 1-year limited warranty
The Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter is a portable machine that cuts letters, shapes, and phrases at the touch of a button. Without the need for a computer, the Cricut machine can cut characters from 1 inch up to 5-1/2 inches tall and 11-1/2 inches wide from a variety of materials, including vellum, paper, cardstock, and vinyl. The Cricut machine uses small, lightweight cartridges to cut complete font or shape sets. The machine is easy to use, simply place your paper on the cutting mat, load it into the machine, insert your cartridge, make your cutting selection, and press cut. Users can even control the size and the style of the cut with the machine's simple controls. This portable cutter weighs only 9 pounds and has a handle for convenient transportation. The Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter comes bundled with the George and Basic Shapes cartridge, 1 6 by 12 inch cutting mat, 1 power adapter, and user manuals. Measures 17-4/5 by 9-2/3 by 12-8/9 inches.
no returns. brand new, still sealed in box. bought from Michaels.
Reviewed in the United States on December 7, 2017
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I easily taught my granddaughter, who is a first-grader, to use the system with adult supervision. We agreed she should tie back her long hair for safety and keep fingers clear of the working parts. With my help and supervision, she was quickly selecting shapes and sizes and cutting the shapes she wanted. She understood the use of the shift key and also the creative features.
We won't let her use the system alone until she is quite a bit older, but the user interface and operation of the machine is very simple once the machine is set up. My granddaughter was so enthusiastic about her experience that she wanted to be the one to teach her mother how to use it. We all love the Cricut.
1. The paper pad looses it's stickiness within 5- 6 uses.
2. You always have to hold down the paper to have it cut better. However even holding it down does not ensure a proper cut.
3. It takes multiple attempts and a lot of time to try to get it to cut correctly even when I try playing with the settings to lower pressure or speed.
4. It takes up a lot of paper for a couple of letters because the spaces between each letter is too wide.
For anyone planning to use this heavily for bulletin boards and daycare centers, I do not recommend this machine. It has been more of a hindrance than it has been helpful.