Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 233 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 309 reviews
on March 4, 2015
Buying a Cricut Expression2 machine has been the WORST product and support I have ever experienced.

Some history, I purchased a NEW Expression2 machine thru Amazon.com in November 2014.
We worked with the machine several times with consistently poor results; too sticky, poor cuts, confusing directions, ...

Finally we got thru to "customer Support", in early December. That took us three calls and the wonderful process of being on-hold for 30 minutes each time.
The support center could not help, but we did finally hit on the blade holder apparently being bent as received new from the box.

We jumped thru serval hoops, including e-mailing pictures of the unit, back finally receiving an RMA.

We shipped the unit back, and several weeks later received a new machine in late January.

Due to a trip we did not try the new machine (the purpose for the original purchase was Christmas Card making).
We again cannot get the unit to perform the simplest cut.
With the unit setup, we have now called the support center, four times, each time for 30 minutes of more and have NEVER had our call answered.

Hopefully my frustration is becoming clear to you.
on March 5, 2014
I love this thing! It's much easier to use using Cricut Craft Room on my computer. I do all my designing and placement on my computer, plug it in and it cuts. I save a ton of paper and make minimal mistakes. I highly recommend this machine, however I took away a star for 2 reasons. One being you can't cut any of your own designs. That's just silly. The second reason is because the Cricut cartridges are costly and you will need several to have a variety of designs. It really is a racket, but a good racket in a way. I plan on cutting fabric, vinyl and iron on material in the near future. If you really take the time to learn, you can do A LOT with this machine. My advice is to do a lot of research and reading so you can use this machine to its true potential. There are tons of YouTube videos and they helped me a ton with figuring stuff out.
on November 1, 2013
After having only owned this Cricut machine for some months, I have used it to help with so many projects that I cannot even keep count. I would recommend purchasing this machine not only if you are already a crafty person looking for a new tool, but also if you are just beginning to have an interest in crafts, paper projects, or even looking to decorate bulletin boards or a classroom.

Pros:
- There is an online Cricut Craft Room that allows you to put together a collection of cuts much easier that using the tiny screen on the machine.
- Once you get the hang of it, large numbers of cuts or cuts of different sizes are very easy.
- There are larger mats (24x12) that allow for even more cuts per mat.
- You can plug in cartridges directly into the machine and use them, allowing for Cricut groups or friends to swap/borrow cartridges. This will save a substantial amount of money!

Cons:
- Sometimes the cartridges can be expensive. Most chain craft store run sales from time to time for 20 to 30 percent off. You can also find cheap or used cartridges on Amazon or eBay.
- Learning a new tool can be daunting; however, there are many websites with how-to information. There is also bound to be a Cricut user at your local craft store that may be knowledgeable. Pinterest has a wealth of articles and ideas.
- Materials and accessories (mats, paper, vinyl sheets) may be expensive. Check for sales and specials. Share your remaining materials with your friends and maybe they will do the same.
on December 20, 2014
A very expensive paperweight. My advice: research other cutters before you buy. I was very disappointed in the cricut. I specifically purchased the cricut over other cutting machines because years ago, I used one belonging to a friend. We were able to cut out some wonderful designs we had made for some unique projects. I was determined to own one some day. I saved enough to get one last year. I planned to use it for my daughters wedding. I dutifully purchased the wedding and a calligraphy cartridge with it. And I did use it for the wedding. But much to my disgust, apparently you can no longer cut your own designs with the cricut. You are limited by the imagination of the maker. The cartridges are expensive. I can not find an images suitable to use for my other projects. So therefore the cricut is relatively useless.
on December 11, 2013
only gave it four stars as I haven't had time to really play around with and see what it is truly capable of. I own both versions of the Expression and so far, I will have to say that I prefer this one. I have had the original expression for three years and really enjoyed it. I think my four year old messed around with the dials and I could never get it to work correctly again. Any time I tried cutting out alphabets, it wouldn't cut all the way through or would skip and not cut at all. The E2 doesn't have any dials. Yay! I saw poor reviews of the E2 before purchasing one and wasn't deterred by them. Really like the price--very competitive with the local stores and no one could beat the free two-day shipping (Prime member). I did keep my old one--just in case :) Can't wait to see what I can really do with this one.
on October 23, 2015
I couldn't get it to work at all!! When I called, they said the software on the machine was out of date and it needed to be updated. I kept trying to update and it would crash my computer. The only way I could use it was by not connecting it to my computer. I waited a few months and purchased the Explore and am in love with it. I would definitely forgo this machine (if only for the fact that you are so limited by having to buy cartridges) and spend a little more for the Explore where the possibilities are endless.
on August 11, 2014
I had the original Expression before. I got this machine and started using Craft Room so that I could design online. The issues I have had have been with Craft Room. The E2 works great. I do wish I didn't have to use a stylus in order to make the touch screen work properly. In fact, this is my biggest beef. I have one more 2 extra steps now for each item that I cut - picking up and setting down the stylus. When I tried to use machine without the stylus I end up having to recalibrate the screen. Cricut told me that it works best and is recommended to use the stylus.
on January 8, 2014
Upon start-up the user instructions did not match the installed firmware, prompting a call to technical support and a firmware update. While disappointing and a sign of poor quality control, the update resolved the issue and now the screen matches the instructions.

Overall the Cricut does a nice job cutting paper, except when it randomly fails. The blade sent with the initial unit was dull and prompted a quick trip to the hobby store to buy a new blade on day 3 of use.

The software is very primative in some respects and does not let you use outside images for cutting. The concept of the Cricut is very simple, ouline a design and cut it, but they limit the creativity of the user with the software and the inability to import art or fonts. Of course, this limitation is completely self-imposed for the revenue generated from cartridges, which supply some of what you want, but not all.

Everyone has a Cricut, its the popular tool, but there are limitations. The cricut quality control seems to be very poor. We experienced this with the firmware update and the blade issue. Both of these issues are mentioned frequently on other forums about the product. Its a cool toy, but seems to perform more like a toy than a hobby tool. I have not checked out the competition, but maybe I should have...
on November 12, 2014
Love my original expressions machine and wanted something a little more user friendly. While this has its perks...it is more time consuming to get everything ready to cut. Much faster just moving a dial.
I also found that even the fastest speed its sooo much slower than the original expressions. the speed 5 on the 2 is about a 3 on the original expressions.
Also I found it to be a little louder than my original machine...and I was really hoping that would not be the case.

Its a great machine but I still find myself going back to my cricut expression over the expression 2.
on September 19, 2015
I am an art teacher and I bought this machine to help me prep materials out of my own pocket. It has been nothing but a headache. The sync never worked, even straight out of the box. I spent countless amount of time (that I don't have) trouble shooting or calling customer service. Customer Service puts on a good game face, but does not deliver. As a result, I have only used it a couple of times, since I purchased it. I think the machine was a lemon to begin with. Now the machine has a mind of its own. Repair for it is not possible because it is now out of warranty. I am going to throw it away and get a Cameo Silhouette instead.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.