Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 309 reviews
on March 5, 2014
I love this thing! It's much easier to use using Cricut Craft Room on my computer. I do all my designing and placement on my computer, plug it in and it cuts. I save a ton of paper and make minimal mistakes. I highly recommend this machine, however I took away a star for 2 reasons. One being you can't cut any of your own designs. That's just silly. The second reason is because the Cricut cartridges are costly and you will need several to have a variety of designs. It really is a racket, but a good racket in a way. I plan on cutting fabric, vinyl and iron on material in the near future. If you really take the time to learn, you can do A LOT with this machine. My advice is to do a lot of research and reading so you can use this machine to its true potential. There are tons of YouTube videos and they helped me a ton with figuring stuff out.
on December 11, 2013
only gave it four stars as I haven't had time to really play around with and see what it is truly capable of. I own both versions of the Expression and so far, I will have to say that I prefer this one. I have had the original expression for three years and really enjoyed it. I think my four year old messed around with the dials and I could never get it to work correctly again. Any time I tried cutting out alphabets, it wouldn't cut all the way through or would skip and not cut at all. The E2 doesn't have any dials. Yay! I saw poor reviews of the E2 before purchasing one and wasn't deterred by them. Really like the price--very competitive with the local stores and no one could beat the free two-day shipping (Prime member). I did keep my old one--just in case :) Can't wait to see what I can really do with this one.
on August 11, 2014
I had the original Expression before. I got this machine and started using Craft Room so that I could design online. The issues I have had have been with Craft Room. The E2 works great. I do wish I didn't have to use a stylus in order to make the touch screen work properly. In fact, this is my biggest beef. I have one more 2 extra steps now for each item that I cut - picking up and setting down the stylus. When I tried to use machine without the stylus I end up having to recalibrate the screen. Cricut told me that it works best and is recommended to use the stylus.
on November 12, 2014
Love my original expressions machine and wanted something a little more user friendly. While this has its perks...it is more time consuming to get everything ready to cut. Much faster just moving a dial.
I also found that even the fastest speed its sooo much slower than the original expressions. the speed 5 on the 2 is about a 3 on the original expressions.
Also I found it to be a little louder than my original machine...and I was really hoping that would not be the case.

Its a great machine but I still find myself going back to my cricut expression over the expression 2.
on December 14, 2012
There are several reasons why I rated this a 4 instead of a 5. First, the cost involved. If the machine was cheaper, I would buy more of the cartridges in order to access more designs. I would also buy more cartridges if I could see all of the images included prior to buying it instead of the 5 or 6 they show. I knew I had buy cartiridges separately, but I thought I would be able to see what I am buying. Second, the directions are not as clear as they should be. I ruined one mat because I did not know the construction paper wouldn't work. Although the diections imply otherwise, I recommend not using anything thinner than cardstock. That means scrapbooking paper is out. Also, I found that many times I had to repeat the cuts once in order to cut the paper, even with a new blade. And for glitter cardstock, you must repeat the cut 3 times. There is a learning curve, so expect to waste some supplies in the beginning. Once you figure it out, things speed up considerably. I recommend doing your designs on your computer via the craftroom software. I find it is just easier to manipulate the images that way.
on June 7, 2015
When it first arrived, it didn't work at all. I had to contact the Cricut helpdesk and they were great about responding and trying to help me out. The thing that ended up happening was that the cutting mat that came with the machine was not laying flat (due to packaging) and the needle kept cutting up the paper/project when it started to move from the right to the left of the paper. All is decent now, however for the seller/future packaging - don't roll the cutting mat around the machine because it won't lay flat and will cause issues with use and getting the needle to cut appropriately.
on July 15, 2012
This is my first Cricut. Only had it one week, but so far, so good. I have used a friend's original Cricut and loved how it was so easy to use. I was not sure about getting one with all the bells and whistles, but I wanted the larger size. Cuts just fine after adjusting the blade tension to the type of paper used. Best cuts made on good quality heavy cardstock. Still trying to figure out the online craft room. The instructions aren't that user-friendly, but then again, I'm not a computer techie. My BF will figure it out for me, since I definitely want to use the "weld" feature - which can only be done online from what I understand. I love that it cuts shapes as big as your 12x12 sheet of paper. The 2 pre-loaded cartridges are great - lots of shapes and nice fonts to choose from. I plan to get more......still not sure if I want to download electronic cartridges or just buy the regular ones. They are almost the same price either way. Amazon free shipping was speedy - ordered it on a Saturday afternoon, and by Friday, it was waiting for me at my door!
on January 3, 2013
I had the original Expression & am Updating.
I love the new touch screen
The expression 2 works better with my computer & cuts quicker.
I love the light over the cutting area too.
I've already had 2 friend also purchase expressions 2 as i never stop telling them all about it.
No where else can you cut your letters any size You want, dies are set sizes not my Cricut, just so versatile, I have 36 cartridges & use it at least weekly with my scrapbooking albums,
Am going to try material cuuting soon to.
Love , Love it , Love it.
on February 17, 2013
I purchased this for my wife who has become a Cricut fanatic. The only problem is ongoing issues with the Cricut Sync software. The first unit was returned due to a bad USB connection and both the new one and the original have issues connecting to our Windows 7 PC via Cricut Sync. This is a common problem according to multiple blogs and we haven't found good solutions yet. That said, the device itself does not require a computer and works great without one.
on March 1, 2015
Worked great for the first 5 months. It won't cut, the arm is loose and getting ahold of customer service with circut is near impossible. On hold for 40 minutes when I called, all automated. Sent an email, no immediate reply 5-7 business days is when someone might get back with me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.