Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 59 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 101 reviews
on June 18, 2016
The follow-up to "Heat of the Night", this album rocketed Pat Benatar and Neil Geraldo to international fame. It's hard to choose a "BEST" album from Pat Benatar because almost all of her stuff is really good (we'll overlook "Seven the Hard Way"...by far the weakest album). That having been said, this album certainly tops most peoples list...and for good reasons. Treat Me Right, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Hell is for Children....there are no bad songs on this album.
on May 13, 2017
Having Been a fan of R&B only, but lokking for a rock n roll album, someone at the record store (back-in-the-day) recommended this. I lost it over the years but was happy that I can still find it on CD or Download. Still one of my favorite albums and performers...Pat and Nick (Spyder) still going strong. Check it out.
on May 26, 2008
In recent years, I've been digging deeper into some artists that I enjoyed but never owned any albums from at the time.I was familiar with "Treat Me Right", "Hell Is For Children" and of course "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"--which gets relentless airplay even to this day, that and "Heart Breaker" from her debut.
I decided to get this based on the overall 5-star rating here on Am, and what an amazing album! Every single track is as good as any of the three I knew. I've been playing it over and over again, and the whole thing, every single track, just keeps jumping out with catchy tunes and freshness like it was put together and released yesterday, not in 1980--1980! If you said that's the greatness of classic rock and why they call it that, I'd certainly agree. But this has a really stunning timelessness, and the music is just so good. If you're like me, you may well find a new Patty favorite. I love EVERY track on this wonderful disk, but I find that "Wuthering Heights" really showcases not only the power--which the usual radio-selected tunes do--but also the beauty of Patty's voice. Overall, you will get a real sense of the richness and versatility of Patty's voice from this. And then you will start thinking what next to get out of her catalogue.
It rocks at moderate hard throughout, lightening up just a bit in places with some great results. Anyway, buy this. It certainly canNOT be passed up at the $7.97 Am. is asking for it. Throw in another disk or two you've been wanting and you even get free shipping.
Anyway, if you've heard and enjoyed any Patty at all, you will love this and be very happy to own it.
44 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2011
I purchased an older copy (used) of the original issue CD and I have to agree: It sounds dull and lifeless.... but then I read about the remastered version on Amazon and I decided to give it a try. Yes: This is the version you must own and has superior sound and dynamics. This is a terrific album of not overly hard rock with terrific vocals by Pat Benatar, who also had a hand in some of the song writing. There's not a weak track to be found, they're all great, including an incredible spin on Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights (which I think was a high-risk venture, which could easily have backfired into a tragic parody, but instead comes across as a forthright anthem without cheeky innuendo or smirks). Great Job! Still sounds fresh some 31 years later.
on August 7, 2017
Freaking classic. Pat Benatar's cover of "Withering Heights" is so incredibly beautiful, it holds it's own with Kate Bush's original. I love this album.
on July 28, 2017
It's been a while since I heard this disc from beginning to end and it does not disappoint!!! Glad I went and bought it to relive some rocking memories.
on February 26, 2012
This amazing album should of been her first number one, but theres a reason it didnt. The last half of the album didnt have the spunk, pizazz or real rock element the entire first half did, that made it a pure triumph. It seems as though they "ran out of steam" so to speak, like they spent a large portion of time on the first five songs, and if they did...it paid off, and realized they had to come up with more before a deadline. But to be honest, no a single bad song on this record.
on April 13, 2017
Very pleased.
on June 19, 2016
This was my first Pat Benatar album, I wanted it back because of Wothering Hights, but it's a great album for me.
on June 10, 2016
Used and in good condition. Plays good, some minor scratches but was a good price.