Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 382 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 410 reviews
on November 13, 2016
This was a replacement purchase that I will be watching in a couple of weeks. My old one, the sound was completely unbalanced. No one could hear the actual shows but the title page was incredibly loud no matter what we did. I have set that aside and purchase this one.
on January 17, 2017
If you haven't seen the show it is about FBI criminal profilers who go across the country trying to solve what kind of person would so horrible crimes in an efforts to catch them before they strike again! For those of you who know and love the show season 5 is a must have.
Outstanding series and season. If you like watching Criminal Mind episodes from time to time getting the optical disc version is one way to go. Another way is to trust Amazon will be around and get the online version. While your mileage may vary, it is playing GREAT on my Windows 10 1920x1200 24"), Windows 7 (2560x1600 30"), Android 5 (9.7" tablet), and 7" Kindle.
on June 17, 2012
For those who don't know, CM is about FBI profilers. They try to catch serial killers, pedophiles, arsonists and the like through the use of psychology, history, victimology, geography and other "soft" sciences as opposed to the CSI shows that use the "hard" sciences like chemistry, botany, biology and physics. The shows look at various mental disorders and give us examples of real serial killers that shared those traits. The plots are interesting because we see a crime and our heroes are called in by local police to assist. They are three steps behind the killer. They do their thing, analyzing everything about the victim, not just the body, but details of their lives; the abduction site; the site where the killer dumped the body; and other details, and now they're only 2 steps behind. There's a lot of exposition where they talk out what they are doing and what it means. The ending is the typical confrontation with the killer. Sometimes they are captured, sometimes they die, frequently in gruesome and ironic ways, and a few times they escape.

This is the fifth season, so we know quite a bit about the private lives of the characters by now. It's a quirky cast and I think you'll like them. Most of the time you can watch an episode without needing to know any backstory on the characters, but that is not true for the start of this season. In the first season the team leader, Hodge, was married with a son on the way. Over the next season or two his job began to interfere with their marriage and they divorced. At the end of 4 and continuing into 5 there's a serial killer that goes after Hodge's family. Although each of the episodes works a case, there are segments of each that go back to that plot line. Episode 100, fittingly titled "100," is the culmination of that plot. You won't understand this episode if you don't know something of the backstory.

The downside of this product for me is that there aren't enough extras. Maybe the writers and directors are just really good, but there aren't many deleted scenes. The series isn't geared around special effects, but when they blow up a building we do get a short clip on it. There was a good explanation of the storyline I just mentioned on "100" but that's a rarity. The writers consult with some of the founding members of this group. I'd love to have more short interviews with the writers and the consultants on how they came up with the "unsubs" (unknown subjects).

Despite this I gave a 5-star rating because I love the show. The main cast is exceptional and the casting people come up with some wonderful guests like Tim Curry and Corbin Bernson. I recommend starting with season 1. On NetFlix it's only available on discs. It's on Hulu but it's much more expensive. The price here was a great bargin, I received the order quickly, and I didn't have any problems with the discs. I own them, and this is a series worth rewatching, especially in a weekend marathon, and if I get tired of them I can resell them, which you can't do with Hulu or NetFlix.
on December 9, 2012
For reasons beyond my understanding, there are 2 packaging versions of season 5 out there: the one with the multiple slim DVD cases inside a cardboard cover (just like all the other seasons) and then there's the multiple DVDs in a single DVD case.

The latter is what I received, and needless to say, I'm pissed. It matches none of the other seasons in my collection, AND it doesn't even match the product photo on this page!!!

I realize other people have also complained about this, but I feel like you should know this if you're a collector before you buy this season. I've noticed this problem with another series as well, but I feel like Amazon should at least give people the option of choosing which version to purchase.

That said, this is one of my favorite shows and I can't say anything bad about it.
on April 2, 2017
I simply love Criminal Minds and love having the seasons available any time I like!
on March 6, 2017
nice product
on March 30, 2017
on May 28, 2016
So many fantastic performances! Supportive actors never get enough credit. All of them were amazing. As a Mommy ( my primary job) this one hit close to heart. All of the parents were so real and raw. Especially the Mom who "knew" her son was still alive. In fact I only looked up this one because of her. She did not let me down.
on February 29, 2016