Frequently bought together
Isla Fisher plays Kirsty, a sexy bad girl who seduces Danny (Nick Giannopoulos), a failed entertainer, in order to get him to accept a job training a crew of criminals who are posing as a children's entertainment group. The crooks plan on using their act as a distraction at a billionaire's child s birthday party in order to pull off a heist. It s an uproarious comedy that puts an untalented bunch of crooks on stage and makes them an unlikely overnight worldwide sensation.
- Aspect Ratio : 1.78:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medR R (Restricted)
- Product Dimensions : 7.75 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches; 2.88 Ounces
- Item model number : 5821636
- Director : Nick Giannopoulos
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, AC-3, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, NTSC, Widescreen
- Run time : 1 hour and 34 minutes
- Release date : October 27, 2009
- Actors : Nick Giannopoulos, Russell Dykstra, Isla Fisher, Michael Carman, Lena Cruz
- Producers : Andrew Penney, Elisa Argenzio, Jennie Hughes, Nanette Fox
- Language : Unqualified
- Studio : Magnolia
- ASIN : B002I41KOG
- Writers : Chris Anastassiades, Nick Giannopoulos, Ray Boseley
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #51,942 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Fast forward to 2009, Isla Fisher is a Hollywood star, and the Wannabes has been re-released with a brand new title and cover artwork, marketing Fisher as the star of the film for the benefit of the yanks or anyone else who may have missed the film the first time around. The film isn't as bad as some of the Australian reviews made out. Just. Still, only a fool or a diehard fan of Ms Fisher would consider paying $[...] for this slick piece of marketing. Criminal indeed.
Top reviews from other countries
Isla Fisher is OK in it, and very watchable, apart from that it's embarrassingly awful. Even die-hard Fisher fans - avoid, and I'm sure it's the kind of film she'd avoid now also...