- File Size: 1164 KB
- Print Length: 350 pages
- Publisher: Burning Willow Press, LLC (May 5, 2017)
- Publication Date: May 5, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0716MVQ3F
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#164,716 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #288 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- #2709 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- #4571 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
|Print List Price:||$15.99|
Save $13.00 (81%)
Crimson Fire (Magic of Isskasala Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Hogan skillfully world-builds, introducing us to this planet and its multifaceted inhabitants, without losing us in technobabble, beating us over the head with unnecessary exposition, or boring us with a planet-wide two dimensional sameness that have been the bane of other writers. Hogan's world is easily familiar to us, yet just different enough to set it apart from Earth. More importantly, the world building never gets in the way of the story - a story of fear and uncertainty, despair and joy, love and loss, that is equally familiar to us, even if a tad bit alien as well.
Crimson Fire is not, however, a perfect novel. The story ended way too soon - I cannot wait to find out what happens next! At times it felt as if Hogan was giving George R. R. Martin a run for his money on the body count meter - Martin is in the lead by a wedding or two. And there were some text formatting glitches with the Kindle edition, which as I understand it are even puzzling the publisher. None of these, however, diminish the brilliance of this novel. Buy it! Read it! Buy copies as holiday presents! You will not regret it.
The book is not without its sad moments, too. Several characters who died I shall miss in forthcoming books, because they were written as believable people who, though they had their own faults, don't deserve the horrific end they receive.
All in all, I am eagerly awaiting the sequels to this book, and hope that she keeps on with this world, as there are many corners which deserve to be explored.
For the story, you get to like Tabia right away and want her to succeed in her plight. She's a strong young woman, a character I'd love to get to know in real life. The fictional settings have a realistic feel to them, especially certain situations I won't elaborate on here lest I lead into a spoiler. It's fantastical, certainly as the genre suggests, but it's so real it can be painful at time. Especially the body count that gets racked up.
This isn't my usual genre, but I am so glad I actually won a copy of this book because it was truly a joy to read.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > LGBT
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban