Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on April 7, 2013
Okay I love to bake...cookies mostly. I could not resist buying this book based on the title and previous reviews. Well apparently those reviewers have at hand the most amazing pantries in the world. I sat down when the book arrived ready to bake all day. Hmmm, not this one it needs hemp seeds. Hmmmm, not this one it needs xanthan gum. What about this one....no it needs dark muscovado sugar. Let's try this one....holy s***, I don't have that either. <Mutters darkly at the recipe gods>

If you buy this book be ready to spend another hundred dollars or more on special ingredients, that the average baker just doesn't keep on hand . I've thrown this one on the shelf until I can get enough money together to order the ingredients that neither I nor my supermarket have -- keeping in mind that I don't live in a small city or rural area but in a relatively large city with several speciality supermarkets in my area.

BTW, I would've given this item 2 stars rather than three, but I just couldn't say I hate it yet....until I actually get to bake something.

Good luck hunting!
55 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2013
I didn't fine anything very special about this book. Ms. Medrich's earlier books had something special about them. this was just another cookie book.
on December 20, 2012
I concur with most of the other reviews in that these cookie recipes are really good, the directions are good, and the book is well laid out. The primary issue I have with this book is the lack of pictures. In my opinion cookbooks, (especially cookie books) should have images for each cookie. Lots of these recipes are unusual...unfortunately I'm literally in the dark on what they might look like. We eat with out eyes first.
on October 4, 2016
This used cook book was described as being in good condition. I disagree. The cover is sticky with food spills. Also, some pages are stuck together and also splattered with ingredients. This cook didn't take reasonable care of it. I won't buy used again.
on July 7, 2014
I purchased this book to become a better baker. The text is the best part, the recipes O.K. I would not have spent $25 on it but it was only $5.98 so I did get my money's worth.