Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

77%
23%
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on April 14, 2012
Cape Cod has a natural appeal for anyone who loves ocean beaches and a sense of history, and when you throw in plenty of descriptions of good food, a heroine named Vivaldi, and a puzzling death, you have the ideal ingredients for great reading. I enjoyed every twist and turn in the plot as well as the quirky characters who kept showing unexpected relationships and strange secrets that kept me guessing right up to the final revelations. My only regret is that we didn't get to know more about Edgar Rowdey, so I'm looking forward to the next book to meet him again.
on March 9, 2017
Loved this book. Lots of quirky characters I would hope to meet again.
on August 1, 2016
Since I'm from Cape Cod, I found it very engaging. I read it in three days because I couldn't put it down! The author lives in my neighborhood in San Francisco, but has obviously spent time on the Cape. Nostalgic for me.
on November 12, 2012
Purchased the book a few weeks ago for my Kindle. Owning a small cottage on the Cape, I love to read books based on the Cape. This one did not disappoint. Even enjoyed a few of her street references, Willow and 136, all in Hyannis. Really hard to put down. Great characters, good story line. Fun read. Hoping she does another Cape based mystery.
on July 3, 2011
"Croaked" has everything I want in a mystery: Wonderful kooky characters, a plot that keeps you turning pages, terrific dialog, humor, great local color, ...oh yes, and murders, too. I enjoyed every minute of it. Highly recommended!
on February 13, 2015
Verburg's pacing, quirky characters, and writing style make "Croaked" a fun read. I got the feeling Verburg laughed as she wrote this delightful mystery! I enjoyed it immensely!
on May 21, 2016
You have to be in the right mood to enjoy this book.
on November 7, 2011
This book is a real page-turner with many moving pieces, wonderfully fey characters, and delightful surprises throughout. Great Cape Cod color, terrific fun, and a must for anyone who loves to curl up with a good mystery.
on January 7, 2015
Fun and atmospheric romp in Cape Cod with E. Gorey as a character.
on September 5, 2011
Just finished 'Croaked'...LOVED IT! What a romp ! Craft & Art ...WOW! Gotta admit, was glad Carol gave me a moment to catch my breath (end of ch.9)...didn't realize I'd been holding it so long. Terrific character development...kept hoping my favorite 'people'
weren't 'X'...
There were so many things 'hinted at' but undeveloped ...Hope this means there are more in "the works"... any more coming, Carol?
PLEASE !!!