Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on November 7, 2015
I don’t know how I missed this book before now but better late than never! The 25 projects in Crochet at Home are fun, beautiful, and practical. Any one of the projects would be a lovely addition to my home or make a wonderful gift.

It’s rare when I want to make over half of the patterns I find in a book and when I do that book becomes a well-worn favorite. I’m especially keen to make the cute Matroyshka nesting dolls, cube ottoman, lace and wire bowl, zig zag afghan, chunky doily rug, tissue box cozy, chevron bedspread, blooming pot holders, racy pink runner, overstuffed seat cushions, the tiered cozy, flowering trivets, pot scrubbies, and the pan handlers. I’ve never crocheted with Craft Wire before and I’m looking forward to trying it. I’d also like to work up the scrubbies in one of the colorful Red Heart Scrubby Yarns like this one.

The easy to understand instructions are given in written form and diagram. In the back of the book there are illustrations for all the stitches/techniques used. I especially appreciated Bara's many tips on choosing yarn colors.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on September 3, 2015
Born in 1960, the granny square has been around my whole life. I LOVE what these (I'm assuming are) young designers are doing with them and their variations. Also, this book has some predicable patterns, and then there are some that'll knock your socks off. I've been wanting to make a pineapple doily for my mom for ages. I do not have the patience. There is a pattern for a pineapple doily that's a RUG ! ! ! ! OHMYWORD ! ! ! ! that may be my first project. I'm totally loving the sleeping kitty doorstop. Mom's birthday is in a couple of weeks, I'm hoping to have it done by then. She will LOVE it ! ! ! ! No kitty litter. All in all, first blush, not actually picking up a crochet hook and yarn, I love this book. If that changes after attempting patterns, will update post. Thank you.
on May 2, 2016
If you are new to crochet, or if your an accomplished beginner, you'll enjoy this book. It will teach you techniques (that you will most certainly benefit from) and it will teach you new stitches. However --- if you are intermediate or advanced this book will bore you to death. Nothing new for us, except maybe the pattern for the Russian dolls. You know them, the small one, inside the larger one, inside the larger one, inside the larger one, etc. That's it. And I mean, truly, that's it. The patterns in the book aren't even as good as the free patterns you can find everywhere on the internet. I will be donating this book to goodwill.
on July 12, 2013
I could probably be described as an "Advanced Beginner" in crochet, and was looking for some projects that didn't look like something my great grandmother would have made. Then I found this book.

I particularly enjoy the way color is handled in this book. It makes the patterned feel fresh.

The projects in Crochet at Home are all colorful, occasionally unique (crochet wire anyone?), and address common objects in unexpected ways (ruffled tea cozy). They are also accessible and fun for someone that isn't a master at the craft yet, but who would still like to make something more complicated than a potholder or scarf.

I will be completing several of the patterns from this book.
on October 9, 2017
I'll keep this review brief as this was a purchase intended for my crochet-obsessed mother as I have no interest in crochet myself.
She stumbled across this book at our local library and wouldn't stop talking about it until I got her her own copy. She still refers to the book from time to time and seems to enjoy it immensely. She made the crocheted Russian doll set from this book and they were really adorable!
Overall I'd say a good purchase, easy to understand for people who are already familiar with crochet.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 16, 2017
Love this! Made the ripple blanket out of it and it has been one of my favorite projects. Nice, unique patterns.
on September 29, 2013
I am very happy with this book. I purchased this book right after publication. I made the owl bunting shown on the cover, it was easy and very fun to make. I am excited to start a new project with this book. I love all the easy-to-understand instructions and beautiful photos. This book is a great addition to my library.
on June 7, 2013
I am an experienced crochet artist and found this book to be good to give as a gift to someone just starting to play with needle and yarn and color schemes. Maybe good for those who need a refresher course in ideas.
on October 18, 2013
Crochet At Home is a terrific book. There are so many projects that are so do-able. The authors instructions are clear and concise and use of color is beautiful. I can't even choose a favorite. It's all good. I recommend this book for any level crocheter. You are bound to find several patterns you love.
on May 26, 2014
this book has lovely photos and packed and I mean packed with fun patterns to make. the blanket the owls and the dolls to name a few. You will not be upset in this purchase.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse