Top positive review
110 people found this helpful
Fun and Fabulous Flowers
on June 30, 2008
As an advanced crocheter, I own many crochet books, most of which tend to disappoint. This book does not disappoint. I too, like the author, adore flowers and find many motif books lacking in new or creative flowers-- same ol' thing. These designs were wonderful. The realistic flowers are great, and the whimsical, fantasy flowers are fun and worth trying for décor. I already have made several flowers used to decorate my greeting cards, and have made sunflowers in varying yarns as little gifts too. I sew, so I plan on making some smaller flowers, for spicing up tops and other items I make.
I specifically like:
1) The intro pages (with photos) on adding craft items to the center of flowers as stamens.
2) The well written, easy instructions. No diagrams here, but the instructions are easy enough, and nothing so complex that I am wanting diagrams.
3) Print in this book is easy to read, so I don't need to keep picking up the book from my lap or table. Lately, several books I have bought are printed in soft black ink and too small of font.
4) The wonderful variety of yarns and colors used to make flowers, as well as the featured projects from flowers on jeans, to decorating shower curtains. The white flowers used for wedding décor were really professionally looking.
5) The nice hints and suggestions found on several designs, such as crocheting only one row when using a carry-along yarn.
Needless to say, I am very pleased with the book and highly recommend.