YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on March 18, 2008
I ordered three crochet flower books, this is the one I use the most.

The instructions are easy to follow and if you do get confused just look at the clear colored pictures.

I made assorted colored flowers to sew onto the front of a T-Shirt.

These flowers and leaves were fun to make.

The book is just what I was looking for.
55 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2008
I was very disappointed when I received this book, for the regular price of $21.95 I was expecting a lot more patterns, better photographs, and a lot more originality. First, because of the flowered cover, I was expecting there to be a lot of different and unique flowers and leaves. Although there are about 30+ flower motifs, I would say that only about 2-3 of them I have not seen elsewhere. Like the pansy motif, I must have at least 5 other patterns for a pansy motif. The color combinations in the book I can only describe as 80's/90's-ish. There are not any modern color combinations in this book to be found, and with the exception of some patterns done in what appear to be thread I think the rest are done in cheap acrylic yarn. Designers and Publishers should realize the importance of the photographs in crochet books....I have books that I have not even made any projects out of, but the photographs are just so beautiful that I enjoy flipping through them for inspiration. The rest of the patterns in this book are divided into: borders, bands, braids & cords, motifs and shapes, and final touches (which are basically a couple of tassels, curlicues, and bead covers). Once again, I think I have seen a version of each and every one of these patterns elsewhere, such as Jan Eaton's books, etc....... Maybe I am a bit jaded because my collection of patterns and books is quite large, but if you are looking for something different to add to your collection, this is not it!
on February 14, 2009
I first requested this book from my local Library and they had to get it on loan from another library. I was intrigued by the variety of flowers and edgings. Then I found the crocheting around wooden beads for a necklace. I went right out and bought wooden beads. Since then I purchased my own copy and my library has purchased their own as well. This is a great resource for anyone who wants to add an finishing touch to their project.
on June 3, 2012
I purchased this book on the advice of a friend and she was right on! There are so many beautiful flowers that you can create with your crochet hook. The difficulty level ranges from fairly easy to more complex so a crocheter of any skill level will find something that is do-able. Leisure Arts has always known what the reader wants and they didn't dissapoint with this one.
on May 8, 2013
It looks to me like they showcase a number of flowers on the cover without providing the instructions inside. Many flowers appear to be nearly identical in pattern but with a variety in colors. It's good to be able to share with beginners because they get the satisfaction of finishing something quickly. When I was young, I started on an afghan. Big mistake. As a twelve year old, I invested two summer breaks in making an afghan. It was hard to stay motivated. I wish someone had introduced a few small projects before I embarked on that long journey.

Back to the book...
It's kinda like a magazine. It won't take much for the binding to give away. But, I will add it to my collection and pull it out from time to time. My daughter loves making hair clips out of the smaller flowers. My cats like to chase them around the living room when I attach a long chain to them.
on April 30, 2014
Came way before I had expected and I have already used several of the patterns. This book gives you a multiple of choices for any decorating project that you come across. Great ideas for Easter and Christmas!!
on December 24, 2013
I have had this book for long enough and used it so often that I am wearing it out. I have made hundreds of these flowers for hair clips and they look great. I couldn't give it a higher recommendation.
on December 28, 2012
I like the variety of flowers and embellishments this book provides. There are many uses for them. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. There are color pictures to go with the projects. I would recommend this to anyone who wants more creative ideas to have on hand.
on May 2, 2011
As titled its a good book! Really NICE projects using colorful yarns to illustrate the finished projects which is amazing when reading thru. This is my favorite amongst over a dozen similar books that I purchased at the same time. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. :)
on November 25, 2010
Crochet Embellishments is clearly written and easy to understand. In spite of being only a rather experienced beginner, the patterns I've followed so far have worked out perfectly.