Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on September 1, 2013
Too many of the recipes were based on canned soup. I would like a book that had more basic beginnings. Too much salt in canned soup. Some I can alter, but basically I was disappointed.
on June 24, 2013
I was hoping for more real syle home cook recipes. I was excited to make the chicken and dumplings when I realized that instead of dumplings, they used pre-made refrigerated bisquits from a can. If I can prepare a meal, throw it in a crockpot and let it cook all day, I would have preferred healthier recipes.
A calorie count also would have been nice.
on June 11, 2013
The book has great photos and some innovative ideas - bake in your crock pot liner - but I'm giving it a so-so rating as I only found a few recipes that I'd want to try. I would never bake in a crock pot. Prep time is a big part of baking, I see no advantage of using a crock pot over an oven.

The main dishes were interesting but not as much variety as I was hoping for. I am looking for all day cooking recipes to plug in when I leave for work. Many were 4 to 6 hour recipes which just won't fit my needs.

I have added this to my library. I anticipate trying a few recipes in the long cooking class but may take inspiration from the flavor combos to create stove top or oven version of the 4 to 6 hour recipes.
on January 13, 2014
I never cooked, actually I hate cooking. Ordinary cooking is exhausting, and taste like dog food. My girlfriend was about to break up with me because she didn't like charcoal that used to be food. I crawled into my local department store in desperation for anything. I got a slow cooker because apparently you can be a horrible cook and still make good food. I got this book just to treat my lady to something not just nice but excellent. Well, we have been slow cooking ever since and our relationship has never been stronger. Everyone who slow cooks or is about to loose someone they love should get a slow cooker and this book.
on January 3, 2014
This was part of a Christmas present for my son whom I bought a crock pot. I liked his book more than the original Rival book I had. I wanted to switch books (but I didn't). More updated versions and the book laid flat when opened. Perfect for the family or single who wants a hot meal when they come home from work!
on March 9, 2013
I do have a few books I like, this IS the Best! Beautiful pictures on each page, will have you drooling before you even start reading the recipes!
The recipes are great, easy to do, and turn out wonderful! I am having so much FUN with this book. And it is such a quality book, and lies nice and flat when you open it up... no trying to prop it open with cans of soup... HA!
I really love this book... it has everything.
on July 17, 2014
I think the book is a little dated but I am finding a number of simple, and tasty recipes. The book opens so that the pages lay flat. This is very nice in the kitchen. Buy it used on Amazon and you won't be unhappy.
on May 2, 2014
It has great pictures and a lot of recipes. It is divided into categories that somewhat confuse me or I would have given in 5 stars. I bought it as part of a gift for a bridal shower so I will never be using it.
on February 16, 2014
This cookbook has so many good recipes in it! My daughter & I have tried several different ones and all were very good.(everything from the "Buffalo wings to Pot Roast. And the Stuffed Bell Peppers were super)
on November 28, 2012
A girl at work brought hers in, and 5 more of us ordered it - full of easy, delicious recipes!! Most of them contain ingredients that you have on your shelf, no fancy schmancy things you have to search for at the store.