Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crock-Pot SCCPCTS605-S Cook Travel Serve 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on December 15, 2014
I recently broke my CrockPot so I needed to replace mine. On the long hunt to find the perfect CrockPot for me I came upon this one. I love the ease of use that this crock offers. The front display is easy to read and figure out for use. This particular model offers 5 different setting. Low 10hr, low 8hr, high 6hr, high 4hr, and keep warm. I have now used all settings accept the 4 hour. Everything I have made has turned out beautifully.

I especially love the easy of transit that this CrockPot offers. Allowing you to snap down the lid for travel all while ensuring warmth that you can judge by the temperature gauge on the display. It makes potlucks and family functions a breeze. Now worries of food splattering out, or the ceramic cracking from jostling around, and no worries for quite some time about the temperature dwindling.

The only downside I have with the product is how warm it is to the touch compared to other models. I attribute this to the extra insulation and the materials used, but you must take caution when handling. It is recommended in the manual that you leave at least 6 inches of space around the entire machine and I highly recommend this because you can feel the heat coming off the machine.

Other than that one slip with the heat, it is a great product.
on October 12, 2013
I purchased this slow cooker from a local store. Upon unpacking it I was impressed with the build quality. However, that soon turned to disappointment.

The lid does not fit properly. There is a 1/8" gap on the narrow sides of the lid and the insert has even larger air gaps on the narrow side between the ceramic and the metal.

These two defects have lead to an increase in cooking time of over an hour when compared to a previous model.

Because there are so many glowing reviews on this unit I suspect it is a quality control issue and I just happened to get one with a thicker than normal area around the narrow end of the ceramic insert. It's going back to the store and I'll order a different one from Amazon.
on January 6, 2014
I used this crock pot for the first time yesterday for chili. I do no like the fact that everytime you switch from Low or High the timer starts over. Like others, wish you could program specific times. Now, get this, when chili was finished I wanted to lift out the stoneware to store in fridge. It WOULD NOT come out of the heating base. I poured the contents into another bowl and proceeded to tug at the stoneware. It WOULD NOT budge!! I thought there might be a safety release, so re-read the owner's guide, but saw nothing about a safety release. Mind you, the device was unplugged and completely cooled down when I tried removing it. It absolutley WILL NOT come out of the heating base. Crock-pot is being returned.
on March 10, 2014
This is my second purchase of a Crock-Pot model that is falsely advertising its capacity. The first one was purchased from Costco.com - different model but supposed to also be a 6-Quart size. When i returned that one, Costco said they were aware of the incorrect information on the packaging. This one looks great - came in red and not silver as shown but looks good. I am so disappointed that I must return this one without even trying it. I opened the box yesterday and saw once again that it did not appear large enough to hold 6 Qts, I removed only the ceramic insert and accurately filled a 1 Qt. measuring cup with water and it would only hold 5 of these. What is going on with Crock-Pot?
on February 28, 2013
I bought this, not because we needed a new one, as we already had a couple of small ones, but because I wanted us to have a no hassle day preparing meals that will last the two of us at least 3 or 4 days. The instructions are very easy to understand, and even holds a few recipes, but the main joy is how it worked. All we have to do is put in the potatoes, veggies and meat, a certain amount of liquid, and 6 or 8 hours later, a really great dish with very tender meat (great recipes can be found on the web). The only time we had a problem (not with the unit) was cooking some chicken a little too long. It came out more grainy, and not very enjoyable, which was a surprise as a previous chicken dish came out so very tender it was insane. There isn't ever enough room for a LOT of vegetables in these crock pots, and we love a lot of veggies, but still, it holds enough to make several meals for those 3 or 4 days for 2 people each day. We haven't tried taking any meals to parties or anything yet, so can't comment on that, but the warmer DOES work great. It is usually started in the morning (I am at work by this time) as my wife turns it on and leaves for work some hours after me. By the time I get home, it is all fully cooked, and the warmer has been on for about 1/2 already, and I just leave it there until she gets back home a couple of hours later, and I serve dinner. It stays nice and hot the whole time. I ooh'd and ah'd over 2 or 3 others before I bought this one, and for what we want, and the price, it was perfect. I would recommend this to anyone who just wants to put in the ingredients, set the timer and forget it.
on March 11, 2014
I was very happy with this crockpot at first, but the more I use it, the more qualms I have about it. First of all, there are 5 settings: High 4 hours, High 6 hours, Low 8 hours, Low 10 hours, and Warm. And there is no timer.
So hypothetically if I want to cook a dish on "Low" but for only 4 hours, I have to be home in order to turn the crockpot off after 4 hours, because the only "low" settings are 8 or 10 hours. Second of all, the crockpot cooks quite unevenly. A few dishes (one bread, one stew) I had to rotate the ceramic bowl halfway through cooking so as to not burn on one side (as it did the first time I made the bread). Now, the last two nights, one entire side of my meal is burned/stuck to the crockpot while the other is perfectly juicy and loose from the ceramic. Uneven cooking is not good, and I do wish I had control over the timing.
VINE VOICEon September 28, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been a fan of crock-pots for so long. They are a favorite way for me to cook. This travel serve 6-quart cooker solved one of my biggest complaints about crock-pots. Finally a locking lid. One time I was bringing a crock-pot dinner to a pot luck at work. While I did pack the crock-pot carefully, placed it in a padded laundry basket, the basket tipped over, and I had a dinner soak my trunk. Let's just say you have to have a lot of cleaning supplies to clean up after a large crock-pot.
I love the that you can program the cooking times, this is very helpful if you work. I find that I am really gone 10 to 11 hours a day, and its really tough for a dish not to dry out if you can't reduce the cooking temperature. So this is a really nice feature too! The handles to help you carry a hot crock-pot are also a really nice touch. I like that these handles aren't solid so you don't have to fully grip right next to the hot crock-pot.
Looking for a crock-pot that has some enhanced features? This crock-pot has some really nice features that will help you travel with your food.
on January 18, 2014
I was pretty impressed the first two times I used this cooker, as it had a nifty timer feature, held a nice volume of food (our family is on the large side) and the lid sealed nicely. However, the third time I used it was for beef stew for a basketball team. I had noticed the side handles seemed to be a bit loose, but I was distracted and in a hurry. As soon as I reached the top of our concrete steps on the way to the car, the thing literally fell apart. One handle came completely loose and the heating portion was left dangling by one screw from the remaining handle. Needless to say, the porch steps were covered in beef stew and broken crockery. Luckily no one happened to be in the way of the of the boiling hot food and no one was injured by that or the broken glass.

I will say that the company was very responsive when we called them to report the problem, offering to send us a replacement immediately, so kudos to them for customer service. I don't know if this was just a defective unit that was missed in quality control or if this is a design flaw, but the handles were only held on with screws turned directly into the aluminum of the cooking unit, with no retaining nuts or clips. It's not surprising they pulled loose at the first hint of strain.
on December 9, 2014
I've been very happy with this slow cooker. Our previous model was having issues with keeping the proper temperature after many years of use, so it was time for a replacement.

I was looking for a well constructed cooker that had a timer to switch the temperature to warm at the end of the cooking cycle. This unit doesn't let you set a specific time. It has options you can select: High - 4 hours or 6 hours, Low - 8 hours or 10 hours or warm. For my uses, those options are perfect. It's very fast to hit the button to get the temperature/time combination you want. If you require more options, you'll want to look for something else. I think the majority of people will love how this one works though.

Quality and appearance are great as well. I appreciate the little touches. Cord storage is quick and convenient. The stoneware seems to be of high quality, and is still working great after many uses.

The locking lid wasn't something I was shopping for, but I think it's a great additional feature. I imagine it'll come in handy at some point when we need to transport the unit with food in it. I also like the simple temperature gauge that lets you know how warm the food is at all times.

It is a little bit more of a hassle to clean the lid than on some units, due to the rubber seal that helps prevent leaks when locked down for traveling. It's not much of an issue, but I couldn't think of anything else to mention as a negative!
on March 17, 2015
I like the Crock-Pot, but I'm only giving it two stars because the gasket on the lid retains the odors of everything I've cooked in it. I've tried scrubbing it and soaking it in vinegar, and it just stinks. I've contacted the company, and they haven't answered. There you go.