Other Sellers on Amazon
Crock-Pot SCCPLC200-PK 20-Ounce Lunch Crock Food Warmer, Pink
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.74. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$2.00 (8%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dishwasher safe removable food container with inner lid holds up to 20 ounces of your favorite foods
- Leave the warming base at work and use the removable food container to transport your favorite foods for even more convenience
- Warming base will warm and heat your favorite foods over time
- Carrying handle for easy travel
- Dishwasher safe outer lid and cord storage for easy travel
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Lunch is Ready on Your Schedule
Desktop dining is looking up! The Crock-Pot Lunch Crock Food Warmer is a lunch tote and food warmer in one that warms while you work for delicious on-the-go meals that are ready when and where you are. Food can now be as warm, comforting and flavorful as home cooking with this handy appliance that heats low and slow to transform leftovers, soups, oatmeal and any number of favorites into amazing meals away from home.
Features and Benefits
Superior portability features include an outer lid, cool-touch exterior, easy-carry handle and cord storage. Its 20-ounce capacity is perfect for a personal, portion-sized meal. Cleaning is simple with the removable, dishwasher-safe food storage container and lid. For added convenience, leave the warming base at your destination and use the removable food container with lid to transport food to and from your home. The Lunch Crock is also great for use in a dorm room, to warm party dips at any gathering and to re-heat small meals at home.
Three Steps to a Delicious Lunch
With its travel-friendly design, the convenient and easy to use Lunch Crock allows you to take a variety of food on-the-go for a tasty lunch. Simply fill the Lunch Crock, take it with you when you head off to work and plug it in to warm your meal on your schedule.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE (12/16/13): The warmer is still going strong! I have two inserts and alternate them almost daily. Still love having this to use at work. :)
UPDATE (7/25/12): One of the commenters posted a link where you can buy extra food containers for $5 off the crockpot website. Sweet!
* It looks cool. It made a couple of my co-workers "ooh" and "aah".
* It is compact, light, and easy to carry.
* It warms food great as long as you remember to plug it in! On average, it warmed my food to comfortable eating temperature within 1 ½ hours. This has included all kinds of foods from basic pureed soup to liver and onions. (I like liver).
* There is no smell from the food until you take the lid off to eat.
* The inner bowl cools quickly. I unplug the warmer, leave the inner container in the warmer while I eat so I don't have to mess with how to remove a hot metal bowl. By the time I finish eating my lunch, the inner bowl is cool enough at the top for me to remove it.
* I like the fact that I don't have to use the work microwave. It saves me time because I used to take a Lysol wipe to the office kitchen counter and a soapy paper towel to the microwave before using it. My office has a high population of folks who bring their own lunch (maybe around 70), which is great for budgets, but not so great when you get skeeved out over the residual gunk that was all over the microwave over the course of the week. With this little warmer, I put my food in the container, and plug it in and it's done. I rinse out the container at work, but it goes in the dishwasher at home. I save 5 to 10 minutes of pre-cleaning the office kitchen space, and I don't have to wait until it's past the "lunch rush".
* It would be great if you could buy extra containers for it. I could see myself packing a whole week's worth of containers on Sunday night. There are also some days when I work past dinner, and it would be nice to be able to bring food in a second container. I did buy a second warmer, but I'd rather pay half the price and get extra inner containers.
* Don't heat spinach in it. Turns out bitter.
* The lid on the inner container usually pops up slightly after 10 minutes of warming. The instructions did note this might happen and to not try to put the lid back on.
Based on a couple of other reviews stating concerns about bacteria and food safety, I decided to do a little experiment. I put tap water in the inner container and tested the temperature of water every hour for three hours. I also decided to test the temperature of actual food, again testing the temperature every hour for 3 hours. I used a Thermapen Instant Read digital thermometer to measure the temperatures. The results are in the table below. According to the NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) website, precooked foods need to be reheated to 165 °F when using a microwave. The FDA website states that hot foods at picnics should be kept at 140 °F. As you can see from the results I got, the water temperature surpassed the 165°F within an hour. The food surpassed the 140°F within 2 hours, and was just under 165 °F at about the 3 hour mark.
Time ----- Temperature Water ----- Temperature Food
9:45 am ----- 67.4°F ----------- 36 °F
10:47 am ---- 168.5°F ---------- 126.2 °F
11:45 am ---- 170 °F ---------- 145.1 °F
12:50 pm ---- 170.8°F ---------- 164.9 °F
So why do I love it so, let's count the ways!
*** I'm going to start by saying I've had my first one for a year, the cord started fraying and then it kinda blew up when I plugged it in😬! The new model has a new guard to help with the fraying issue! Good for crockpot for changing the design. See photo for the difference!***
1. It's just the right size, big enough for a can of soup (22 oz) or a single portion of leftovers! Yet not so big that it takes up too much space in my bag, in fact I can pack it in my carry on, tote, or even my lunch bag (I have a pretty big lunch bag).
2. It usually reheats my food in 30 minutes, sometimes 45 if I throw it in frozen. That's perfect if I wanna plug it in before I shower at the hotel or get a quick workout at the gym, and when I'm done my food is done!
3. Not all hotel rooms have microwaves, now I never have to worry.
4. I think most food reheats better in this than if I were to microwave it, tastes better, and has a better texture.
5. Eating out for 4 days 4-5 times a month is EXPENSIVE. Plus I like my home cooked leftovers, they taste better and I know what's really in it.
6. Ever get stuck at an airport your flight is delayed and nothing's open, or it's a small airport with no good choices... No never, lucky you. This can plug into any outlet, at the hotel, sitting in the gate area, on the plane... I've done it all!
7. If if you travel a lot I feel like this is a must have, it would be great for a workplace as well. It is ALWAYS in my bag and I usually take it on vacations with me as well.
8. At parties this works great for keeping dips warm!