Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Ma..." and save 63% off the $49.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Low Return Rate: 19% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 85% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "6 quart slow cooker"
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1800-watt 3/5-cubic-foot 4-slice oven with 8 preset functions and Element IQ technology
- Backlit LCD screen; time/temp control dial; defrost button; temperature-conversion button
- Tempered-glass door; 3 rack positions; removable crumb tray for quick cleanup
- Includes 10-by-10-inch enamel baking pan and 10-by-10-inch enamel broil rack
- Measures 16-1/2 by 14-1/4 by 10 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Over the decades, Crock-Pot, the original slow cooker brand, has evolved from a single bean cooker into a diverse and extensive line of slow cookers and accessories that make meals and entertaining smarter, easier, and more convenient for the many different styles of cooking today. For busy families, Crock-Pot Slow Cookers offer a solution to healthier, more wholesome meals, while slow cookers designed for portability and entertaining provide new and different ways to enjoy slow cooking with the Crock-Pot brand.
Crock-Pot 6-Quart Manual Cook and Carry Slow Cooker
Transport your slow-cooked meal safely and easily
The Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Manual Slow Cooker is convenient for travel, potlucks, family gatherings, tailgating, parties, and just about any time you need to transport food prepared at home. The removable stoneware also doubles as a serving dish. It features high and low settings for flexible cooking times, and a warm setting to keep food at a good serving temperature so the crowd can enjoy your cooking whenever they wish. A dishwasher-safe insert and glass lid make cleanup quick and easy.
- Serves 7+ people
- Handles make it easy to carry
- Manual high/low/warm settings
- Dishwasher-safe locking glass lid and stoneware insert
Features & Benefits
Keeps food safe on the go with a hinged locking lid and carrying handles. Since there's no need to repack food in other containers, traveling is easier.
The gasket lid helps keep the unit sealed, so food stays in the slow cooker and not on your car.
Once you are done cooking, be sure to unplug and allow your slow cooker to cool before cleaning. The lid and stoneware can be washed in the dishwasher or with hot, soapy water.
As Simple as 1, 2, 3
Place the stoneware into the heating base, add your ingredients, and cover with the lid.
Plug in your Crock-Pot Slow Cooker and select your desired temperature setting.
Once cooking time is complete, enjoy your delicious meal.
Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel. Cord length: 24 inch.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The other three I have used had the same problem where the outside got really, really hot. My sister's, on low, completely scorched chili an inch deep all the way around and across the bottom in five hours. It's almost like they have the high and low settings mislabeled on the machine.
So, two that the previous roommates had seemed okay (other than the extremely hot exterior) and two others that seemed defective. Seems like a 50% chance you'll get a dud.
I've only used it once, having just received it. I still have my 30 year old crockpot and it works fine, but it has the temperature dial in degrees, and this one has "low, high, warm" settings. Most recipes I come across now call for low or high settings, and with the temperature dial I have to guess what temp I think the author of the recipe thinks is "low".
I made chicken stroganoff in the old crockpot, and buffalo chicken in this one. Set them both on low at the same time and the chicken in both cooked at the same pace.
Per directions, I did not lock the lid while cooking. So I didn't experience shattering lids, leaking, nor caving in of the outer casing.
I love the red color of this one and the oval shape, my old one is boring brown and circular. And i like having the warm setting on this one. And for $25 for a 6 quart portable crockpot - it's a pretty good deal.
I crockpot cook most of the year - will update if anything changes.
- There are no handles on the crock pot itself to aid in lifting it out of casing. This is NOT a good design, as you literally have to attempt to grab the rim and lift/push/pull the pot out of casing. All the while wearing oven mitts, or other hand protection, as the pot gets very hot. I really wish I'd have noticed this prior to purchasing.
- There is no indicator light. This is very annoying, as you cannot tell, at glance, if the pot is on or off. I cannot understand why any appliance, manufactured today would lack this most basic element.
- A minor complaint, but still worth noting, is that when you wash the lid, those clamps that are attached to it hold water, so it's very hard to dry, the water keeps dripping from them, even after several wipes with a dish towel.
In all honesty, I regret this purchase and am already considering buying a different pot, due to the above concerns.
UPDATE: 10 JANUARY 2015: Am very happy with the quality and function of this excellent SLOW COOKER. To those who complained that it gets too hot, even to the point of boiling, you probably had the lid completely latched. That action would definitely cause that issue. Try reading the instructions because they specifically instruct the customer that the lid should not be latched except for TRANSPORT. I just made the best homemade vegetable soup in my life today with this product and it came out perfectly cooked and delicious. Used some of the leftover skinless turkey breast along with a variety of vegetables. I'm a person who cannot stand eating spinach nor chard but was reading about the health benefits of adding KALE to the diet so I carefully removed all the stems and just put two cups of the hand-torn kale leaves in toward the last 45 minutes of cooking, along with the zucchini slices (both are soft-cooking types). The bottom line of using this excellent slow cooker is: when things appear to "fail", read the instructions. ;)