Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crock-Pot SCR200-B Manual Slow Cooker, 2 Quart
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Size: 2 Quart|Change

on May 14, 2013
This is so basic and wonderful to use. Like a very old one I use to have years ago. Easy to keep clean. For your information, I checked the temperature on all three settings with a restaurant grade instant read thermometer. High is just above 170 degrees, low is about 155 degrees and warm is just slightly above 140 degrees. Food I have prepared so far, taste so good and I am sure it is healthier. So satisfying that you eat less. So have some containers on hand for the fridge. (I only cook for myself most of the time) The cord could be about 2 foot longer. But, a short cord from a Dollar type store took care of that. Set it to cooking in the morning or over night, doesn't matter. The liquid condenses back in to the crock for the most part.
33 comments| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2013
After being "retired" for almost five years, I have realized that I'm still shopping and cooking like I did when I was working, using precooked, semi-fast, and packaged ingredients, and that grocery prices continue to climb. I live in a high desert area with extremes of climate, yet I find that my metabolism is most in balance when I eat consistent amounts of protein, in meals that are warm and savory, all year round. With those elements in mind, I decided to incorporate the use of a Slow Cooker into my meal preparation.

With all the sources of recipes on the internet and in cookbooks, I have discovered that I can spend as much or as little time on the prep as I desire, have easy clean up, and this little cooker will yield 3-4 servings, just enough for our household of two. And I can still spend most of the day in my studio.

Technical Notes:
The outside of the cooker does get hot to the touch, and there is no indicator light to remind you that it is running. I have a large silicon board that I put it on to protect my butcher block counter. I also make a note when I turn it on, and set a portable timer to remind me to check it.

There is a bit of "flutter" in the glass lid when cooking recipes that have more moisture, like soup or beans, that results in dribbles down the outside of the unit. When I turned the heat to LOW, this over bubbling stops.

As with every recipe, and small appliance there will be a trial and error period to determine your particular variables.

So far for me, after one week and four meals cooked, I am enjoying the results of "Slow" cooking, freezing leftover, and spending less, while using more fresh ingredients.

With its reasonable price, this little Three Quart crock pot would be a frugal investment even if you only use it for four of your favorite meals.
55 comments| 208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2013
I find this a perfect size for cooking for one or two. I. use it to make oatmeal for breakfast, I use it to cook beans and lentils. It is perfect for boiling potatoes.
11 comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2013
After having a 6.5 quart model for so long (and still do, just makes too much food), I bought two of these. Just the right size for individual dishes! I make black beans in one and rice in the other, or a meat dish in one and a potato dish in the other. No longer does my slow cooked food have to meld together and turn to moosh!

The size is big enough to feed 2-3 people. They're so inexpensive that you can buy a few and keep them going all day. I still bust out my big one once in a while.. but every week I reach for these. Right now, I have a 7 bean soup going in one and a brazed lamb dish in the other. Going to be Epic!
0Comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2013
Lovely for this windy spring! More suitable than my old 5-Q size for one. Plus there's a "Warm" button so I don't have to keep my soup or porrige at boiling "Low". Carefully packaged, no damage at all. I love it, if you don't - LOOK AT the PRICE - you should love it. :)
on November 11, 2013
I ordered the 2 quart crock pot thinking it'd be the perfect size to cook for two people. It would be if it actually held 2 quarts. The crock holds 5 cups, it should be 8 cups. If you need a really small crockpot I think this would be a good one. I returned it - love Amazon's return policy!
44 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
Perfect size for just one person. Works very well, just as good as the larger ones. Would recommend this product.
on March 20, 2013
I like to slow cook meats, BBQ etc. This is perfect. It is compact, the quality is good and it cooks well. One of the best features is that I can make small quantities of things so I don't end up freezing a bunch of stuff I never get to.
on February 11, 2014
My 20 year old CrockPot got dropped and broke the ceramic inside. It was not removable and no way to repair or replace it so I bought this newer model which does have the removable ceramic liner. That part is fine but the temp control leaves a lot to be desired...it has only 2 settings, Low and High. Well, High is way above boiling, and Low is right AT boiling. So it's not really a "slow cooker", it's a FAST cooker that can be 'slowed down' a little bit. It's really no better than putting one of my old cookpots over a very slow flame. As with so many products, the quality continues to slide as manufacturing is all moved to China.
on January 27, 2015
I bought this because of the great reviews and because it's tiny size was perfect for my RV. I have used various crock pots for over 30 years, most of them the older, original large crock pots, without an issue and there are several dishes that are just GOOD to put in a crock pot and come home after a long, cold day to a hot meal. I was really happy to find this small one. I cooked several of the same dishes that I've always cooked in a crock pot and each one had a terrible, metallic taste, so bad and so strong that I could not eat them and I threw each meal out. (It's really hard to mess up my chili! But the metal/chemical taste overpowered even my very flavorful, spicy chili!!) After the 4th or 5th meal that was ruined and money wasted, I gave it away The only thing I can think of is the "ceramic" pot is made of some material NOT used in the traditional crock pots and there are some metals or chemicals leeching out into the food. It was really terrible and I was most disappointed. Just more wasted money.