Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Betty Crocker's Best-Loved Recipes
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports

on April 1, 2003
I received this cookbook as a christmas gift from my father-in-law. The recipes are easy to follow, with simple ingredients, and they are so good! There is a variety of recipes, from breakfast, to soups, to meatless meals, to desert, and everything in between! I have really enjoyed this cookbook because it doesn't strain my budget to cook from it, I am a young mom with a 13 month old baby so that is important to me! My husband has also enjoyed the recipes, we haven't yet found anything that we didn't like! I also sent this cookbook to my sister as a wedding shower gift! I would definitely recommend this cookbook to beginners and those who have been cooking for years and would like something new!
on July 28, 2003
Published in 1998, this book features >200 classic Betty Crocker recipes accompanied by full color photos. The book features the winning recipes of 75 Betty Crocker contestants and their stories.
I found a lot of the recipes easy to make and with ingredients that were readily available. Featured Chapters include:
1. Breakfast
2. Lunch- soup, salads and sandwiches
3. Dinner- beef, chicken, fish and vegetarian meals
4. Sides/Breads
5. Desserts
The book also featured an introduction on the development of food icon Betty Crocker- from 1921 to present day. The real purpose of the book was to highlight the 75 women across America who developed their own recipes. My favorite recipes incude:
1. Strawberry muffins- delicious with a great strussel topping and suprisingly easy to make
2. Orange Currant Scones- i made this with dried cranberries instead of the harder to find currants
3. Popovers- rich and buttery
on April 2, 2011
This was the first cookbook I ever had. After realizing it was lost during our last move, I just had to buy another. It's filled with delicious recipes and great heart warming stories. I especially liked the history of Betty Crocker.

The recipes are broken up into easy to find chapters with a recipe list at the beginning of each one. There are plenty of great pictures, although not every recipe is pictured. This is a definite must-have cookbook!
on December 7, 2011
I WANTED TO REPLACE A BETTY CROCKER COOK BOOK THAT MY WIFE HAD FOR OVER FORTY YEARS.
SO I CHOSE AMAZON TO LOOK FOR ONE, THE ONE SHE HAD WAS SHOWING SIGNS OF ITS AGE,
I FOUND THIS" BEST LOVED BETTY CROCKER RECIPIES", AT A FANTASTIC PRICE, SO I ORDERED
IT FOR HER, SHE LOVES IT,BUT I THINK THIS ONE WILL OUT LAST US, AS WE ARE IN OUR
YOUNG SEVENTIES!
on May 25, 2004
I received this book as a gift this past Christmas. It is a collection of classic Betty Crocker recipes and some original creations. It is a compilation of mostly 'ole stand-by recipes that you would want to prepare for your family. Great for cupboard cooking...most of what you need to prepare the dishes you can find in your cupboard on any given night of the week.
This cookbook is NOT a "how-to" guide to cooking, nor was it intended to be. It is a sentimental look at how women's lives have evolved around and in their kitchens. What makes this book so invitng is that each recipe features a different "Betty Crocker" woman behind the cooking of each dish. There are also some interesting facts about Betty Crocker included throughout the text.
I would recommend this book as a gift to a seasoned cook who would appreciate the glimpses into some other women's lives. However, I definitely think that there are other titles that would offer more diverse recipes and new culinary ideas.
on June 2, 2008
This is a great collection of favorite receipes. The best thing about this book is you have the ingredients on hand. I hate it when I have to buy something exotic that I won't use in another 10 years.
on August 2, 2014
Like this cookbook very well am happy with this seller
on January 9, 2004
The stories which accompany the recipes are a nice touch and interesting to read. However, I have yet to try a recipe in this book that actually tasted decent. This book is for someone who wants to cook quick and easy meals not someone who is interested in quality and taste.
on January 3, 2007
The book arrived on time and was in excellent condition.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse