- Shipping Weight: 40 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B001GAP5DA
- Item model number: 00111210
- Average Customer Review: 3.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (29 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,180,326 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Croozer 525 Double Child Bicycle Trailer (Red/Silver/Grey)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2-in-1 child carrier quickly converts from double stroller with a 100 lb weight capacity, to bike trailer with included accessories
- Patented ultra-quick folding system for easy assembly and storage
- Attaches securely to any adult bike via hitch arm and two-part axle attachment
- Cockpit is safe and comfortable, with front and rear bumpers, padded five-point harnesses, padded headrests, and low center of gravity
- Weather cover keeps out rain and sun, and mesh sides ensure ventilation
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Package Height||12.5 x 25 x 42 inches|
|Shipping Weight||40 pounds|
Croozer trailers are known for their adaptability and superior quality. The Croozer 525 Double Bike Trailer features the same kind of excellence in a lower-priced unit that offers tremendous value. This 2 in 1 unit is a child carrier that quickly converts from a double stroller to a bike trailer. As a trailer, it attaches securely to any adult bike with the aid of a hitch arm forward and a 2-part axle attachment in back. The 20” spoked wheels deliver a smooth, quiet ride even at biking speeds. Easily remove the arm and attach the pivoting stroller wheel, and it becomes the right option for a leisurely walk or a series of errands on foot, complete with a padded handlebar. The Croozer 525 cockpit will keep your kids safe and comfortable. Front and rear bumpers offer protection, while the padded 5-point harnesses will keep them snug and secure. The wide wheel base and low center of gravity provide good stability under road and trail conditions that are less than perfect. The weather cover keeps off the rain and sun, while the mesh sides let in lots of fresh air. A padded head rest offers additional comfort and protection. There’s plenty of room for two, and a sturdy frame that will support up to 100lbs. To add convenience to value, the Croozer 525 Double Bike Trailer features a patented mechanism that makes for quick and compact folding for storage and travel. Get Croozer quality at a best-in-class price.
The Croozer 525 is an economical carrier, with 1-2 child capacity, that easily converts from a stroller, to a bicycle trailer, and back again. The carrier contains all necessary stroller and bike trailer accessories, as well as functionality that ensures the comfort and safety of children during use. Additional features include, a secure hitch and drawbar connection to bicycles in trailer mode, a handlebar, rotating front wheel and brake in stroller mode, mesh ventilation openings and tinted side windows, a roll up/down weather cover, an extra large storage space, easy assembly, and fast folding functionality.
The Economical Child Carrier for Active Parents
The Croozer 525 is designed for active parents who want and need a single carrier to serve as a stroller and a bicycle trailer for young children. In addition to its two main 20" wheels, used in both stroller and trailer modes, the carrier includes a front-oriented stroller wheel, and a drawbar and axle hitch for use in bike trailer mode. The carrier accommodates 1-2 children in individual, side-by-side seats, each with padded harnesses. It also includes protective external bumpers, and a low center of gravity to reduce the possibility of the carrier overturning. A low center of gravity is important in multi-child carrier designs, in the event the carrier is used for a single child, which can create unbalanced weight distribution. The unit assembles easily, with side walls folding up from a flat position, locking erect and being secured in place with metal pins. The fast folding ability also ensures convenient storage when not in use. The Croozer 525 also features a 2-in-1 weather cover consisting of a roll-up transparent window and an insect net underneath it, and a convenient extra large rear-oriented storage compartment.
Use as a Stroller Mode
In this mode a rear angled handlebar with a non-slip grip cover attaches at the rear of the unit, while a stroller wheel, with 360-degree mobility range allowing for maximized maneuvering, attaches at the lower front. Both attachments are quickly connected and disconnected using a securing pin, and spring clip bolt. To ensure that the unit never rolls away, the Croozer 525 includes parking brake functionality along the wheel axles. (The front stroller wheel should always be removed in bicycle trailer mode.)
Use as a Bike Trailer Mode
When used in bike trailer mode, the Croozer 525 connects to a towing bicycle by a combination of a hitch element that attaches to the rear axle of the bicycle wheel, and a single rugged drawbar with a coupling at its far end. Both the hitch and the drawbar are left-aligned, attaching to the bike, opposite the rear derailer. This eliminates the possibility of trailer interference with the shifting of bicycle gears. The hitch element is semi-permanently mounted on the rear axle, and is compatible with both axle nut and quick release hub configurations.
Axle attached hitch element.
Slide-on drawbar connection.
Spring clip bolt connection.
Added safety strap protection.
To attach the drawbar to the Croozer 525, lift the body of the carrier and slide the drawbar into the downward angled hole at the left-lower position. Once the drawbar is in, pivot it up and level with the rest of the carrier. This will align the bar in a metal channel underneath the unit that is designed to add strength and rigidity to the bar during towing. Engage the safety pin through the holes in the bottom of the channel edges and secure the bar with the provided safety pin. The coupling opposite at the opposite end of the drawbar slides over the hitch element -- already attached to the a bicycle axle -- and is secured with a spring bolt clip. The bolt is strapped to the drawbar, so it will never be lost when the drawbar is removed is removed. The drawbar also has a safety strap connected to it that wraps around the bike frame. This ensures a connection to the bike in the unlikely event of the drawbar disconnecting from the hitch during use. The drawbar section just below the coupling is flexible, providing smooth pivoting into turns. (The drawbar should always be removed when in stroller mode.)
- Patented ultra-quick folding system
- Includes an easy pivoting stroller wheel and sturdy drawbar with quick-attach hitch mechanism
- Strong, protective bumpers - front and back
- 2-in-1 integrated weather cover with Velcro connections
- Extra safe, low center of gravity
- Clear roll-up front window, tinted side windows
- Extra large child space for 1 or 2 children, with padded rear head rest above the helmet space
- Reflective surfaces and colorful, tough, water resistant fabric
- Rear spoiler / air vent
- Extra large rear storage space
- Bright, reflective outer materials used to ensure visibility on the road
- Sturdy, quick-removal padded handlebar
- Individual added shoulder harnesses and bucket seats
- Parking brake functionality on each wheel in stroller mode
- Compatible with additional Croozer accessories such as, Croozer rain cover and the Croozer baby supporter
- Child capacity - 1-2
- Maximum shoulder width - 24" / 61 cm
- Legroom - 23.5" / 60 cm
- Headroom (seat to upper frame) - 24" / 61 cm
- Dimensions (minus handle) - 42" x 33" x 32" / 106 cm x 84 cm x 81 cm
- Dimensions (folded minus handle and wheels) - 43" x 33" x 10" / 109 cm x 84 cm x 26 cm
- Handle height - 38" / 97 cm
- Weight (basic unit with handle) - 33 lbs / 15 kg
- Cargo - 100 lbs / 45 kg
- Wheels - 20" spoked wheels
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Croozer Designs warrants that the trailer / stroller frames included in their products to be free of defects for the lifetime of the product. The fabric items and hitch are warranted for one year following the date of delivery to the original purchaser. This warranty does not include wheels and tires. This warranty is valid only to the original purchaser and under normal use.
About Croozer Designs
Croozer Designs is a part of the Thule Group of companies. Croozer Designs' products are designed for active users who want to include their young children and pets in all aspects of their active pursuits, whether in daily life, holidays, or while on adventure trips. Although known for producing economical products, Croozer Designs doesn't skimp when it comes to quality. Solid builds, smart designs, and durability characterize Croozer Designs and make their products ideal for active families on a budget.
Top customer reviews
By the way are kids are 5, 2, and 5 months. The 5 year old is 42 inches and has about 2-3 inches of growth before hitting top. I figure she can get one more summer of use out of it. Because of bucket seats 5 month old can also ride. I just wish there were 3 seats.
One more note for anyone curious- my husband and I both use our Schwinn hybrids to pull the trailer and it is very easy. The trailer comes with two "hook-ups" so we can easily switch the trailer from one bike to the other.
Also, my husband had no problems assembling the trailer.
Most recent customer reviews
Given that many of you seem to have gone through this, can you please advise?
Else I will call Croozer...Read more