Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crosley Furniture Cambridge Natural Wood Top Kitchen Island, White
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on May 18, 2011
Aside from the really strong chemical smell that linger(s) for over a week, it's a nice piece of furniture. Directions were good, parts labeled and looks nice.

Only negative was there were no metal plates for the door magnets to catch on to.

Other than that, it looks great and seems pretty sturdy. Took about 2 hrs to assemble and use a power drill on low setting or it'll take substantially longer.

Also, assemble in the order they describe or else you'll be in trouble. There's lots of parts.
on February 29, 2012
This exactly matches it's description. It's a quality, heavy-duty kitchen island, made from (what feels like) better materials than IKEA or other similar brands. The screws and connectors actually FIT where they were supposed to.

The instructions, while better than most, were a little cryptic in places, but going slowly and re-reading, you'll get it. Setup only took about 2 hours, not rushing. I used both a power drill and a hand-turned screw driver. I actually put the whole back on wrong, took it back apart, and put it together again - something that would have normally destroyed the junk wood on other brands' products - so the quality is definitely good.

Not sure what everyone was saying regarding the "smell" - I put my kitchenware in it right after assembly and had no strange/bad odors. Smells a little like new product / wood stain / cardboard / etc. but no more than anything else I've bought before.

This doesn't exactly relate to this product directly, but I would highly recommend AGAINST FEDEX as they've delivered a number of broken things. This product did come without any major broken parts (a few kinks here and there though) - but it did come in like 3 different shipments, which was annoying.

Overall I'd definitely recommend this over any other one I found, and I did quite a lot of research!
on April 25, 2012
I bought this piece of furniture to serve as a kitchen island and to provide me with some much needed extra counter space. I was a little unsure about the quality when I saw how much it cost. But it's absolutely beautiful. Sturdy and well made. It fits perfectly in my kitchen and matches my existing cherry cabinets to the point where it looks as if I had it specially made. I have no regrets about this purchase and would recommend it to everyone.
on November 28, 2011
There is a lingering smell that went away after a few days. Unlike the previous reviewer, my doors did have a metal plate for the magnet. The finish on the top had a few small imperfections. I contacted customer service and had a new top in less than a week. Customer service was great!! I put it together without a drill in less than 2 hours. Have had it for over a month and have been happy with it. (Just wish it was a little deeper)
on January 29, 2014
Yes, it basically fit the description. The size is as expected, the finish very nice, that being said..... There has been issues with the drawers fitting and response from the company. My husbands has called and E mailed, repeatedly, to no avail! The recording says they will respond within 48 hours, but have yet to do so. The return time has come and gone with no response to help resolve the issue. Looks like I'll keep the product but unless the problem is resolved , SOON, I will make no more purchases from the company. I trusted this product based on the many good reviews!!!
on December 15, 2013
Love it. Packed exceptionally wll with great detail to insuring nothing is scratched in transit. Was impressed. All drawer runners are pre-installed so you are really just tieing larger wood pieces together into predrilled recepticals. A small rechargeable screwdriver and the Allen wrench provided were all I needed. I also used wood glue on the dowels just for extra security, but wasn't mentioned in instructions.

I have decent mechanical skills and have put furniture together before (even for friends whose husbands aren't all that adept) I set out to build this at a leisurely pace, double checking my work before doing it and organizing my parts, with the alphabetical tags and without rush. I unpacked the parts one evening, then organized and assembled while listening to a rerun on t.v. - did the work entirely alone and spent three hours between organizing to setting the last drawer. I saw a review that said four hours and two adults ... they must have argued for two hours ... and maybe stopped for lunch.

I am 100% satisfied.

Sara ~
on September 15, 2013
Really nice once the Island is finally complete.
Took about 4 hours to build from start to finish with 2 people.
Instructions were really solid. We took our time to make sure everything was perfect.
I would definitely recommend this. I got it with feet and not wheels so it doesn't roll around, but that choice depends on what you are using it for.
At first I was hesitant shelling out so much money. However, now that it is set up in my kitchen, I am happy with the purchase! Looks just as nice in the picture as it does in reality. Other people were complaining about a smell that lasted a week, my piece does not give any bad odor at all.
on January 16, 2014
I have a large eat-in kitchen and wanted to put an island in it to sort of separate the kitchen into a dining room/kitchen. This is a beautiful piece of furniture and gave me back my counter space. There is space underneath to put pots, appliances, seasonings, or anything else you may want. Plus, it has two pull-out drawers. My only complaint is that the doors pop open all the time even if they are not being pushed open. The magnetism keeping the doors closed must be weak.
on January 12, 2014
This island is cheaply made. It is a big disappointment! We bought it in early September and put it together today, as we had it stored for a few months while we prepared to move and finish working on our new house. If we had put it together shortly after the purchase, we would have returned it immediately!! We are not going to use it in the kitchen, as we don't feel that it can hold up to the rigor of daily use. Please don't waste your money on this island.
on May 11, 2016
It looks nice but has a chemical smell. It took like a month and several wipe downs with vinegar water before it went away. Over all it is a good island. Works well in the center of my kitchen and matches my white cabinets. There was one miner crack in one of the pieces. It bothers my husband but I can barely notice it.