Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 267 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 305 reviews
on March 25, 2014
I'm glad that I purchased this phone, it fits well in my home. It brings back memories of my childhood. My parents had friends that had an original desk phone.
The only negative review I would give would be the disappointment of the phone not having a cloth handset cord. The coiled cord takes away from the classic look.
Please reconsider giving your valued customers a choice of which handset cord they would like.
on December 30, 2014
Poorly made of cheap plastic. I sent it back. I'll never buy another Crosley product. Don't waste your money.
on April 8, 2012
As others have said, just a standard line cord to the wall (too bad), and it would have been REALLY cool if they had gone to the trouble to put in a rotary dial and then output the tones, but perhaps that might have been over the top. Not to me, though. This seems to be a weird mix of old and new. As anyone around when phones converted from rotary to tone, this phone never existed in the "real world," so it does look a bit awkward while, at the same time, looking retro.

That said, it is DEFINITELY a better look for the 1928 house I live in than a standard phone. It weighs enough to bludgeon someone into a coma with the handset like in an old movie. Seriously -- this thing, if it fell, would leave a gash in a wood floor, break your foot, or kill a small animal. Choose its location carefully. This is the type of phone that STAYS where you put it. You won't be the one saying "Ooops" and the other party will never hear that crashing sound of your phone as it falls to the floor because you overextended the phone cord. That's because when you pull on the phone cord, the phone just won't move. It probably is lined with lead for that weight these days, but it does remind me of how these old phones USED to feel (now they weigh about 3 ounces).

Back "in the day," phone calls were expensive and no one spent enough time on the phone to want to cradle the phone on their shoulder, so the uncomfortable handset was irrelevant. The phone mimics this wretched handset -- not their fault. Modern phones have redesigned the handset for comfort, but this one is based upon a handset designed purely for functionality. Don't get this for long conversations.

Overall, this looks great in an old house, but it is a phone you should buy for its appearance rather than functionality.
on March 20, 2017
Bought two of these for my wife's B&B. One works fine. The other had a long list of problems right out of the box and basically just didn't work. Waiting for the replacement. I will update after we've had both for a couple weeks.
on August 23, 2016
Very happy with the phone, looks vintage yet with the ease of push button dialing. The unit is heavy like the real phones used to be and the ringer is clearly audible. However there are two things I have issue with: the hand piece does not fit the cradle (tips up on one end but is still able to push down the button), there is some static and a hollow sound my other land line didn't have. But it works and looks great!
on February 4, 2009
Alright, alright, I admit it. I'm just a girly girl at heart and I wanted a pretty little phone for my desk. It's heavy, the buttons are easy to press and the ring can be heard from the neighbor's house. (It's easy to adjust that on the bottom of the base though) It's also incredibly easy to click over to someone on call waiting, easier than my cordless! It has great reception both in and outgoing. The only problem is that it takes some practice to hold it on your shoulder with no hands since the receiver is curved. I think it would make a great addition to a little girl wanting her own phone as well. As soon as my three year old daughter hears the phone ring she runs to 'the blue phone' and asks if she can talk on it too.

I've seen some negative reviews about the cord breaking and not being replaceable or the phone coming out of the box not working. I had no problems with mine, so it might just be luck of the draw. Was worth the chance in my opinion, I love it!
on July 22, 2016
Wow... I bought this April 16, 2016 it is now July 2016 and it doesn't work at all. No dial tone or anything. And I maybe used it 3 times. That's insane!!!! How are you guys still even able to sell these? I would like my money back. HORRIBLE PHONE. DO NOT BUY.
on January 13, 2017
The phone is adorable. It looks exactly as pictured and is pretty light weight.
on December 17, 2013
I was very disappointed with this phone. It looked nice, and had the necessary weight to
appear very substantial. However, though I could receive calls on the phone, I was unable
to answer them. A defective phone. I returned it, received my money back, and later
bought a red desk phone.
on September 19, 2014
Fun accent piece to a room. Purchased as a gift, and it was good quality. Has a nice ring, too. Only downside is that the handset doesn't sit securely in the cradle. Not really a problem because it stays in place, but wish it fit a little tighter. I like it enough, though, that I would purchase again.