Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "La Crosse Technology BC1000 Alpha Power Battery Ch...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 20% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
- Working on a home project? Need some help? Check out Amazon Home Services and get $30 cash back when you book select services. Learn more
La Crosse Technology BC1000 Alpha Power Battery Charger
|Price:||$54.50 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$5.49 (9%)|
- Works with all nicd and nimh "aa" and "aaa" rechargeable batteries
- Lcd shows capacity for each battery when charging is complete
- Charges aa and aaa rechargeable batteries simultaneously
- Select different charging current for each channel: charge, discharge, refresh, test; automatically switches to trickle charge when charging is complete to ensure maximum battery capacity
- Overheat detection to protect over-charging
- Works with all nicd and nimh "AA" and "AAA" rechargeable batteries; charges AA and AAA rechargeable batteries simultaneously
- LCD shows capacity for each battery when charging is complete
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The BC1000 Alpha Power Battery Charger can be used to fill all NiMH or NiCd rechargeable batteries, AA & AAA.
Simultaneously charges multiple AA or AAA batteries, and can be set to different charging currents: charge, discharge, refresh, and test.
Defaults to 200mA and automatically switches to a trickle charge after completion to ensure maximum battery capacity. Overheat detection so not to overcharge and the charger will detect a dead battery.
Great gift idea for photographers, toy operators, and constant battery users. Completely portable and great for on the go or just keep it in your home for daily use!
What’s In the Bag?• Sturdy Adjustable Nylon Carrying Tote Bag with detachable metal clips
• Spacious inside double pockets
• Webbed side sleeve for additional storage
• Includes 4 AA & 4 AAA NiMH rechargeable (shrink-wrapped) batteries
• AC power adapter
• Front Zippered kangaroo pouch includes individual pockets to carry included 4 C size 1.2v battery adapters which are included inside 4 D size adapters
Special Features:• LCD display capacity level after completion
• Simultaneously charges AA & AAA, both NiMH or NiCd rechargeables
• Select different currents: charge, discharge, refresh, test
• Automatic trickle charge for maximum battery life
• Detects dead batteries & overheat protection
- Plug AC power adapter into charger & wall outlet. Insert batteries
- Select Mode: Charge, Discharge/Charge, Refresh/Charge, Test/Charge
- Select Charging Current (Rate): 200mA up to 1800mA
Specifications:• Charges Battery Types: AA/AAA NiCd and NiMH
• Input voltage: 100-240 VAC but MUST have the proper adapter.
(Twisting prongs on A/C cord will damage unit)
• Charging Current: Selectable charging current : 200, 500, 700 or 1000mA. When only channel 1 and/or channel 4 are used, can select up 1500 or 1800 mA.
• Max Charging Capacity: 3000 mAh
Top Customer Reviews
Except for the color, the BC-1000 looks and feels EXACTLY the same as my old (circa 2006) BC-900. Even the boxes they came in have identical illustrations on them. Check out the customer images I uploaded to 'Customer Images' section and you'll see what I mean.
The specifications are EXACTLY the same for both chargers, namely:
- Operations: Charge, Discharge, Charge/Test, Discharge/Refresh
- Charging Current steps for 4 cells: 200mA (default), 500mA, 700mA, 1000mA
- Extra Current steps for 1-2 cells: 1500mA, 1800mA
- Acceptable battery capacity: 300-3000mAh (my previous testing showed the BC-900 can actually charge up to 3700mAh)
Again, the two AC adapters looked identical except for the colors. Both are rated for 100-240V AC input, and 3V 4A output.Read more ›
I decided to just run the test cycle of the BC1000 for the next four batteries, since this would fully charge them. I used the setting of 1000ma to charge and the BC1000 automatically defaults to 500ma to discharge the batteries before charging them again. These for batteries showed a charge capacity of 1986, 1977, 1993 and 1998 mah. Slightly higher than when using the lower setting. It should be noted the BC1000 did what it was supposed to do during this test cycle. Right before these 4 batteries reached total capacity, the charger shut off because the temperature was above 127.4 degrees F. My temp gun read 128, so this was verified. I left the batteries in the charger, and it automatically resumed charging once the batteries had cooled.Read more ›
An overview of the modes:
Charge Mode: Charges 1-4 AA or AAA batteries individually at user-selectable currents: 200 mAh, 500 mAh, 700 mAh, and 1000 mAh. If you are only charging 1 or 2 batteries (for 2, they must be placed in slots 1 and 4), you can also do 1500 mAh and 1800 mAh. For some reason, it lets you charge AAA batteries at 1000, 1500, and even 1800 mAh. My advice: just don't. Let's keep it safe at 700 mAh. Display can be configured to report mAh accumulated, time spent charging, and current.
Discharge Mode: Discharges the batteries until empty, and then charges until full. During discharging phase, reports mAh discharged, time spent discharging, and discharging current. Once a battery begins charging, the display resets into charging mode. Otherwise the same as Charge Mode. Use this option if you have NiCd batteries and need to deep cycle them to remove the "memory effect," or just want to find out the current mAh capacity of a battery.
Refresh Mode: Performs multiple charge/discharge cycles. Good for old batteries that need to be reprimed. I haven't used this mode before.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great product and you have to read the manual to know how to use it.Published 5 days ago by Flipland
This charges both AAA and AA batteries very well with multiple charging speeds. It also comes with a set of both. The batteries come almost fully charged. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Timothy A. Maxwell
This charger works well, even restored a couple of older batteries. It can be a little slow at times but seems to make the batteries last as long as they can. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Amazon Customer
This charger work for 1 month, and suddenly stop working and leek (acid ?) no battery had leek into the charger. Now after one month, the charger is dead... Read morePublished 1 month ago by marc-andre menard
great equipment, but needs better manual so you can lear all the modes easyerPublished 1 month ago by Andrés
Works without issue. UI could be a slightly refined but it works well enough. Overall this is an excellent charger, I use it all the time for my Eneloops. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Michael
I loved it. It is one of the best purchases that I made in my life!Published 2 months ago by Marcelo Costa