Crossing Jordan: Season 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Once she left L.A. for Boston, joining the M.E.'s office, she gradually found a home. By the middle of season one, the show knew what it was and many were glad they'd hung around. It became this wonderfully cool show about a small group of people in the medical examiner's office, Jill Hennessy at its center, who had formed a kind of familial bond as they dealt with crimes and their personal problems. In Jordan's case, who was searching for her mother's killer, the two often intertwined.
There was a lot of quirky humor and fun mixed in with the darker elements, making for a great show. There was also a fine ensemble cast. Miguel Ferrer as Jordan's boss, Katherine Hahn as the always "glass half full" Lily, and Jerry O'Connell as Woody, the cop often at odds with Jordan, but sort of loving every minute of it, all brought something to the show's dynamic. Ken Howard was also good as Jordan's estranged father. But it was really Steve Valentine's Nigel and Ravi Kapoor's "Bug" and their interactions with Jordan which made the show special.
They bickered, got in trouble, covered for each other, and generally had a life and a family thanks to each other. Crossing Jordan really hit its stride with the two-part "Digger" story arc. It cemented the show to its core audience, who stayed from then on.Read more ›
This was one show that NBC truly made a mistake with in its abysmal decision not to return Crossing Jordan for a seventh season. Unlike shows that stay on well past their prime, Crossing Jordan was still in full swing and had a myriad of stories left to tell such as who killed Emily (Jordan's Mom), where did Max disappear to and why (Jordan's Dad), what was Dr. Macy's "demon," would Jordan and Woody finally get together and so much more.
Crossing Jordan was an awesome television show on the NBC network. It lasted for six sesons and 116 episodes.
Season one was a ground breaker in that it showed a female lead (Jill Hennessy) who was strong, smart, independent, beautiful, vulnerable yet willing to take risks to find the truth. Jill played the character of Dr. Jordan Cavanaugh with such aplomb, realism and strength that I was hooked after viewing the premiere episode. In fact, I never missed an episode in six years!
A part of what made Crossing Jordan such a great show was the fantastic acting of its unconventional cast and the coolest music ever by Wendy and Lisa. You could not view an episode of Crossing Jordan without stopping by Best Buy the following day to pick up a CD or two of the songs heard on the show.
The writing was second to none. There were no gimmicks. You were able to watch the characaters grow and evolve. Their weaknesses and vulnerabilities were shown and this only caused the viewer to draw even closer to each of the characters. No character grabbed a hold of you like Jordan! Jill nailed the role each and every week!
Crossing Jordan truly ended way before it should have but thank goodness the network at least had the foresight to release the show on DVD.Read more ›
(1) my local postman knocked on my door about 15 days later and handed me the claim ticket for something we had received from KUWAIT as it had to be opened in the presence of a federal officer and I would have to go down to the post office to make an appointment with said officer through the postmaster at that branch. And, by the way-I would need I was totally bewildered as to WHAT this package was.
(2) An appt was arranged for the next afternoon, whertrein I met the branch postmaster, the FBI branch manager and a member of the local police. The bomb dog had already proved the package safe, and the federal government was primarily there for my safety (or so they said),she actually seemed to be a greatt person-even with this idiotic issue at hand.
(3) Imagine our collective suprise when (yes,Virginia there IS a Santa Clause)16 DVD's spilt out, all with the picture of Hennesay that's on the front of Season 1 DVD. No Disc info identifying WHICH episodes were on which DVD's no play list- nopthing. The federal agent took them, with my heartfelt thanks-I can assure you. The agent called me back the next day, telling me they were clean of any subversive information, but assuring me I would likely want to throw them away.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
good series. where are the other seasons on DVD?! probably have issues with licensing the music or something... a shame.Published 11 days ago by opbc
a very cool quirky show with some cool cool quirky characters. never a a dull moment here.
too bad they aren't releasing other seasons. Read more
we would like to order the rest of the years this series ran but nothing seems to be available after the first year except to rent individual episodes. what is that about?Published 3 months ago by michele grossman
I love this series. I am just very upset that I can't get season 2 anywhere! What's going on with this? If anyone knows where I can find season 2 let me know.Published 4 months ago by Brenda
I love this TV show, and I am sadly disappointed in this product. Disc two came out of the sealed package with multiple scratches and causes the disc to freeze, skip and finally... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Larue Hardinger
I wanted this series. Glad to get seas. 1 on dvd. Looks good.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Mystery & Suspense
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Television
- Movies & TV > TV