Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on January 10, 2006
Many years ago I saw Mink DeVille open for Hall & Oates (odd but true) and I have been a Willy DeVille fan since that moment. That band was remarkable and Willy has continued to be remarkable as well in his various incarnations since Mink DeVille disbanded. A great rock and roll voice with serious songwriting talent and an uncanny ability to pick cover songs (from "Cadillac Walk" to "Slave to Love"), Willy is virtually unrivaled! I never get tired of his voice! This CD continues his interesting career, with a set of songs you'll want to hear again and again. Can't pick a favorite one; they're all fine! Get this and you will not be disappointed!
on January 22, 2006
If you are a fan of Willy Deville you will not be disappointed with this CD.If I was forced to pick a favorite song on this CD it would be,"Crow Jane Alley".I think I stumbled onto what it is that is so darn wonderful about this amazing artist and that is this: When Willy sings he is wholly present in the moment of that song.I think that is why the listener feels as if he is singing directly to you.
on January 7, 2009
Another excelllent Willy DeVille album. As usual he explores a diverse bag of musical styles. You will not be disappointed. He ends the album with a Kris Kristofferson sounding tune followed by his own version of Frank Zappa's "Trouble Coming Every Day" from the Mothers 1st album. All of Willy's albums are worth searching out. Why he is never heard on radio and his albums are so hard to find remains a mystery.
on November 4, 2012
I was only vaguely familiar with Willy DeVille but had heard some things that I liked. I bought this MP3 on spec based on a very positive review I had read. I was not misled. This is a terrific collection of tunes. Now all I have to do is figure out which DeVille offering I'll be buying next...and I will definitely be buying another one.
on August 5, 2015