|Hard Drive||2 TB|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Data Recovery Planfrom After Solutions
- Your Rescue Plan documents will be delivered to you via email only to the address associated with your Amazon.com account and can be found in your account message center within the Buyer/Seller Messages.
- If your drive stops working, the Rescue data recovery plan will recover the data from the failed drive and return it to you on a new piece of external storage
- Covers new Solid State drives of any brand when purchased within 30 days (receipt must be retained for purchases not on the same transaction).
- Free shipping for in-lab data recovery; 24/7 online case status tracking
- If your data isn't recovered, you get your money back
Crucial MX300 2TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD - CT2050MX300SSD1
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sequential reads/writes up to 530 / 510 MB/s on all file types
- Random reads/writes up to 92K / 83K on all file types
- Over 90x more energy efficient than a typical hard drive
- Accelerated by Micron 3D NAND technology
- Dynamic Write acceleration delivers faster saves and file transfers
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Crucial MX300 Solid State Drive
Instant performance that lasts
Increase the speed, durability, and efficiency of your system for years to come with the Crucial MX300 SSD. Boot up in seconds and fly through the most demanding applications with an SSD that fuses the latest 3D NAND flash technology with the proven success of previous MX-series SSDs. Your storage drive isn’t just a container, it’s the engine that loads and saves everything you do and use. Get more out of your computer by boosting nearly every aspect of performance.
Micron quality - A higher level of reliability
As a brand of Micron, one of the largest flash storage manufacturers in the world, the Crucial MX300 is backed by the same quality and innovation that has produced some of the world’s most advanced memory and storage technologies. With over a thousand hours of prerelease validation testing and hundreds of SSD qualification tests, the Crucial MX300 has been thoroughly tried, tested, and proven. You’ll notice the difference.
Instantly improve system performance
The Crucial MX300 reaches read speeds up to 530 MB/s and write speeds up to 510 MB/s* on all file types so you can boot up almost instantly, reduce load times, and accelerate demanding applications with ease. Plus, our Dynamic Write Acceleration technology uses an adaptable pool of high-speed, single-level cell flash memory to generate blistering speeds throughout the drive’s long life.
Over 90x more energy efficient than a typical hard drive**
Extreme Energy Efficiency technology within the Crucial MX300 reduces the amount of active power usage that’s consumed by the drive. The Crucial MX300 extends your laptop’s battery life by using only 0.075W of power, compared to a typical hard drive which uses 6.8W.
Entrust your files to a drive that lasts
With an endurance rating of up to 220TB total bytes written, the Crucial MX300 is engineered with Micron 3D NAND to deliver years of fast performance. The 3D NAND leverages larger NAND cells to improve performance and prolong endurance.
Protect your data with AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption, RAIN technology, Exclusive Data Defense technology, and the durability inherent in SSD design.
Keep your system cool
In addition to lower active power usage, Adaptive Thermal Protection technology dynamically adjusts storage component activity. This helps keep your system cool and minimizes the risk of damage caused by overheating.
Boost drive performance by up to 10x with Crucial Storage Executive***
This downloadable tool is easy to use and helps monitor and enhance the performance of your Crucial MX300 – update to the latest firmware and enable the Momentum Cache feature in Storage Executive to instantly improve burst performance.
Note: 1GB equals 1 billion bytes. Actual useable capacity may vary.
*Based on the published specs of the 525GB model. Speeds based on internal testing. Actual performance may vary.
**Active average power use comparison based on published specs of the 750GB Crucial MX300 SSD and the 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EZEX internal hard drive, which, as of January 2016, is one of the industry’s top-selling internal hard drives. All other capacities of the Crucial MX300 SSD have comparable active average power consumption specs, with the exception of the 2050GB version of the drive, which consumes 0.15W.
***Validated by testing included in the 'Enhance Burst Performance on Micron and Crucial SSDs Using Momentum Cache' whitepaper.
Compare with similar items
Crucial MX500 2TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD - CT2000MX500SSD1(Z)
Micron 1100 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5-inch MTFDDAK2T0TBN-1AR1ZABYY
Micron 1100 MTFDDAK2T0TBN-1AR1ZABYY 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive
Mushkin 2TB REACTOR Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - 2.5 Inch - SATA III - 6Gb/s - MLC - 7mm - MKNSSDRE2TB
SanDisk Ultra 2TB 3D Solid State Drive (SDSSDH3-2TOO-G25)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||XSelect||Nspire Store||FreeTail Tech||Amazon.com|
|Data Transfer Rate||6 Gb per second||6 Gb per second||6 Gb per second||6 Gb per second||6 GB per second||750 MB per second|
|Device Type||Solid State Drives||Internal Solid State Drive||—||—||—||Internal Solid State Drive|
|Digital Storage Capacity||2 TB||2 TB||2 TB||2 TB||2 TB||1 TB|
|Flash Memory Installed Size||2,050||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000|
|Hard-Drive Size||2 TB||—||2 TB||2 TB||2 TB||2 TB|
|Hard Disk Form Factor||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in|
|Hardware Connectivity||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s, Solid State Drive||SATA 6.0 Gb/s|
|Hardware Platform||PC & Mac||PC; Mac||PC, Servers, Linux||—||PC / Mac / Linux / PlayStation / Xbox||pc, laptop|
|Item Dimensions||0.28 x 4.06 x 2.76 in||0.28 x 4.06 x 2.76 in||5.04 x 5.04 x 1.89 in||5.04 x 5.04 x 1.89 in||2.76 x 3.94 x 0.39 in||3.96 x 0.28 x 2.75 in|
|Item Weight||3.52 ounces||3.53 ounces||2.75 ounces||2.65 ounces||—||1.92 ounces|
|Memory Storage Capacity||2 TB||2 TB||2 TB||—||2 TB||250 GB|
|Optical Storage Read Speed||530 MB/s||560 MB/s||—||—||560 MB/s||—|
|Writing speed of the optical memory||510 MB/s||510 MB/s||—||—||425 MB/s||—|
|Size||2TB||2TB||2 TB||2 TB||2TB||2TB|
Increase the speed, durability, and efficiency of your system for years to come with the Crucial MX300 SSD. Boot up in seconds and fly through the most demanding applications with an SSD that fuses the latest 3D NAND flash technology with the proven success of previous mx-series SSDs. Your storage drive isn't just a container, it's the engine that loads and saves everything you do and use. Get more out of your computer by boosting nearly every aspect of performance.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The drive itself is GREAT, 5/5 for a Crucial drive (I've purchased several of these and similar MX300-series for servers and desktop builds). The low rating is because I am 110% sure I received a used SSD, despite paying full price for a new unit.
* The retail packaging (little barcode sticker that holds the box shut) was broken before I opened the shipping box. Little red flag, but everything was inside.
* The drive statistics show that the drive has been powered on 40+ times, for a duration of almost 3 days. Second red flag, I've never seen an SSD out of the box show more than 3-5 power cycles, and maybe 1-2 hours of power-on time. This was out of place for a "new" SSD.
* The SSD was loaded with Ubuntu 16.04 - MAJOR RED FLAG. These drives should not be loaded with any type of OS, but this one was. A quick format removed the OS.
Long story short, while I did receive a working product, I'm frustrated that it was obviously a used one that was apparently returned to Amazon, then labeled and resold as "new".
Photo shows the disk statistics, about 2 hours after I wiped the SSD and installed Windows (I cycled the power maybe 4-5 times during installation).
1. With original drive still installed run Acronis True Image 2015 and create an Acronis USB Bootable Rescue Media.
2. Open laptop, discharge static, then remove existing sdd or hdd from device.
3. Discharge static then install new SSD.
4. Start computer and boot from Acronis USB.
5. Plug original drive into USB->SATA adapter and run the Acronis Drive Cloning Tool. The tool works on automatic, but made a 350gb recovery partition taking up the majority of the disc.
6. Once cloning is finished, load Windows and install Crucial Storage Executive and enable Momentum Cache on new ssd.
7. Go to Windows 10 Disk Management, right click the useless recovery partition, and either delete or shrink it. I deleted it since I'll be keeping my original ssd as a backup, and can use that for recovery.
8. In Disk Management right click the Windows partition, C:, and expand your windows partition to maximum size.
That's it! Don't know why this isn't detailed by Crucial as I had to piece together the steps from different sources, but if you follow these instructions you should have a working upgraded drive!
I installed this SSD in my aging mid-2010 Macbook Pro, which now feels like a new computer-- it boots in under 30 seconds, and applications open instantly! (Note: upping the RAM to 8 or 16 gigs will add additional speed.) I put the SSD in the location of the old hard drive (in case it had a higher bus speed, which turned out not to be true for my particular Macbook model, but will be for later ones), moved the SuperDrive (DVD drive) to an external USB SATA enclosure, and put the hard drive where the SuperDrive had been using a hard drive caddy.
The whole swap was simple and took 20 minutes, using a 00 phillips screwdriver and a T-6 torx driver. There are many tutorials online, but I recommend OWS's guide over iFixit's-- the latter has people unnecessarily removing delicate cables in order to get the SuperDrive out. Many folks purchase drive cloning software, but this is entirely unnecessary, as you can boot using Command-R and use Disk Utility to copy the drive. For my 250 gig HDD, this took under three hours. I enabled TRIM via a Terminal command.
So now I have a super fast laptop with 750 gigs of drive space for under $150. I'm very happy with this purchase.