|Item model number||CT1000MX500SSD1Z|
|Hardware Platform||PC; Mac|
|Item Weight||3.52 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3 x 0.5 x 2 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||3 x 0.5 x 2 inches|
|Flash Memory Size||1000.0|
|Optical Drive Type||None|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal, Frustration-Free Packaging- SSD - CT1000MX500SSD1(Z)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Product ships in Amazon Certified Frustration Free Packaging (may differ from retail packaging depicted in product collateral)
- Sequential reads/writes up to 560/510 MB/s and random reads/writes up to 95k/90k on all file types
- Accelerated by Micron 3D NAND technology
- Integrated Power Loss Immunity preserves all your saved work if the power unexpectedly gets cut
- Crucial 5-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
It's Worth It.
- Start your system in seconds
- Capacities up to 2TB
- Easy installation
- 5-year limited warranty
Every time you turn on your computer, you’re using your storage drive. It holds all your irreplaceable files and it loads and saves almost everything your system does. Join more and more people who are keeping their family videos, travel photos, music, and important documents on an SSD, and get the near-instant performance and lasting reliability that comes with solid state storage. Upgrade with the Crucial MX500 SSD, a drive built on quality, speed, and security that’s all backed by helpful service and support. Even if you’ve never installed an SSD, don’t sweat it – our step-by-step guide walks you through the process to make installation easy. It’s worth it.
Fly through everything you do
Start your system in seconds, load files almost instantly, and accelerate the most demanding applications with the Crucial MX500. Our Dynamic Write Acceleration technology uses an adaptable pool of high-speed, single-level cell flash memory to generate blistering speeds.
Store up to 2TB of data
Save massive amounts of photos, music, and videos comfortably and securely. With fast access to your media, creations, and designs, you’re ready to share at the speed of your life.
Enjoy the efficiency of next-gen Micron 3D NAND
Our cutting-edge components are engineered from start to finish for efficiency. As a result, the Crucial MX500 uses only a minimal amount of power and still delivers a high price-to-performance ratio – without needing a financing plan to pay for it. Experience a faster, cooler, and quieter computer in your home or business. You’ll wonder how you ever put up with a hard drive.
Upgrade with a drive you can count on
With thousands of hours of pre-release validation, dozens of SSD qualification tests, and a heritage of SSDs, the Crucial MX500 has been thoroughly tried, tested, and proven. Secure your most important files on a drive with established dependability and the advanced features MX-series SSD's are known for.
Install with confidence
For many people, opening a computer and transferring data seems terrifying. That’s why we’ve made it easy in the step-by-step Crucial SSD Install Guide. Check it out before you buy, then install your own SSD quickly with everything transferred over successfully and hassle-free.
Micron quality – a higher level of reliability.
As a brand of Micron, one of the largest flash storage manufacturers in the world, the Crucial MX500 is backed by the same quality and engineering innovation that has produced some of the world’s most advanced memory and storage technologies for more than 35 years. Split-second speeds, lasting reliability, and a decades-long legacy – upgrading with the Crucial MX500 gives you the best combination of quality, performance, and security. It’s worth it.
Note: 1GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual useable capacity may vary. Not all capacities and form factors may be available at product launch.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Runner's Depo||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Data Transfer Rate||6 Gb per second||6||6 Gb per second||750 MB per second||6 Gb per second||6|
|Device Type||Internal Solid State Drive||Solid State Drives||Solid State Drives||Internal Solid State Drive||Internal Solid State Drive||Solid State Drives|
|Digital Storage Capacity||1 TB||1 TB||525 GB||1 TB||1 TB||64 GB|
|Flash Memory Installed Size||1,000||1,000||525||1,000||1,024||1|
|Hard-Drive Size||—||1 TB||525 GB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB|
|Hard Disk Form Factor||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in|
|Hardware Connectivity||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s|
|Hardware Platform||PC; Mac||PC||PC & Mac||pc||pc||PC; Linux|
|Item Dimensions||0.5 x 3 x 2 in||2.75 x 3.94 x 0.28 in||0.79 x 5.39 x 5.39 in||3.96 x 0.28 x 2.75 in||2.75 x 3.95 x 0.28 in||2.75 x 3.94 x 0.27 in|
|Item Weight||3.52 ounces||1.92 ounces||0.42 ounces||1.92 ounces||1.31 ounces||0.32 ounces|
|Memory Storage Capacity||1 TB||1,000 GB||525 GB||1 TB||—||1,000 GB|
|Optical Storage Read Speed||560 MB/s||540||530 MB/s||—||545MB/s||550|
|Writing speed of the optical memory||510 MB/s||520||510 MB/s||—||525MB/s.||520|
Start your system in seconds, store up to 2TB of data, and upgrade with an SSD you can count on. Join more and more people who are keeping their family videos, travel photos, music, and important documents on an SSD, and get the near-instant performance and lasting reliability that comes with solid state storage. Upgrade with the Crucial MX500 SSD, a drive built on quality, speed, and security that’s all backed by helpful service and support. Even if you’ve never installed an SSD, don’t fear – our step-by-step guide walks you through the process to make installation easy. It’s worth it.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
PERFORMANCE: Replaced 7200rpm HGST Travelstar; this Dell e6430 laptop outfitted w/8GB RAM and i5/3340 CPU/SATA III/set to AHCI/WIN 10 Pro/64-bit. Installed Crucial "Storage Executive" software and enabled "Momentum Cache" and 10% over provisioning as recommended. I see a SLIGHT/MARGINAL improvement in speed and a negligible improvement in battery life. WIN 10 Pro recognized the SSD and enabled TRIM for all partitions. Have not run the numbers yet; the e6430 is definitely quicker to boot but the Hitachi Travelstar was such a fast HDD; with only an 8 mw power draw at rest; that the performance/battery gains are not what I'd call "amazing". Contemplating sending it back and buying a Samsung 850.
That said, there are some things anyone considering buying this particular product on its own should think about:
1) Make sure you can actually use it. In particular, if you're thinking about using this product to replace a current laptop drive, make sure your laptop or other computer is actually designed to let you do that. I know Apple doesn't make any more laptops with 2.5" hard drive bays, let alone hard drives this size that are also easily accessible. I can't speak about various Windows laptops or Chromebooks but my sense is that in general many increases in a laptop's sleekness or fanciness come at the expense of being amenable to DIY user upgrades. (Apparently you can still switch hard drives in Playstations though.)
You could also go ahead and buy an enclosure (such as this or an open hard drive dock (such as this) and use this hard disk externally - I always put my old hard drives into enclosures. However, given that it's essentially just as expensive (or cheap) to buy a proper external hard drive, the only reason to buy a dock or enclosure would if you actually can install this SSD and are looking for a way to continue using your older drive.
2) If you are able to install this SSD into your computer or game console and you plan to, make sure you have the right tools. Apple laptops in particular have weird screws requiring triangular or hexagonal screwdrivers. This particular SSD does not come with those tools, but you can get them in a kit - LB1 this one looks to be quite comprehensive.
3) I have to give the usual warnings though: when you do the hard drive swap, A) make sure you have instructions for your particular machine, B) make sure you don't lose any screws and remember which ones go where, and C) ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make sure you at least ground yourself regularly to keep yourself from frying your drives with static. (Alternatively, you can wear one of these.)
If you have any questions or found this review helpful, please let me know.