Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crucial 2GB Single DDR2 800MHz (PC2-6400) CL6 SODIMM 200-Pin Notebook Memory Module CT25664AC800
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

on August 14, 2009
This memory upgrade is fantastic for the price, considering just a few years ago something like this would have set you back several hundred dollars. I easily installed it in my netbook the other day, which is a Asus EeePC 1005HA.

The installation for the Asus was simple: you unscrew the panel on the bottom of the netbook labeled "memory", unclamp your installed RAM, and then push this one into place. Make sure you ground yourself before installing it, and DO NOT get any moisture or food in the netbook or on the RAM, it will ruin it! If the clamps are not snug to the side groves, you've installed it wrong and need to go back and push it in further. This will be quite obvious when you turn on the computer and it doesn't start or you get a blue screen of death. You can check if the module is properly installed after you startup your system (if you have Windows XP) by right-clicking on "My Computer", selecting "Properties" in the menu, and seeing if the memory changed under system information. If you don't want to go through booting the OS, press the key that brings up the BIOS (typically F2) when you first start up the computer and check the system information. The specifics for other models are all available on Youtube. Just do a search for your model and "memory installation", and some kind soul will have posted some video instructions.

So, what's the difference between this and the 667 Mhz model? Not much. You're not going to see a massive difference in speed from the upgrade, but it's worth the $3 extra if you can use it. The difference will only be obvious if you plan to overclock--which is possible on my Asus. I've noticed about a 5% or so increase in speed over PC2-5300 modules in other systems. Of course, your system has to be able to run 800 Mhz, or it's just going to run at 667 Mhz. It will not hurt your system to install the 800 if it can only use the 667, so don't fret if you're not sure what Mhz your system takes.

Buyer beware: make sure that your laptop, notebook, or netbook is compatible with the memory module you buy! Obviously, the EeePC 1005 netbook line takes this upgrade, but some don't. This is a DDR2 200-pin SODIMM module, so if your system does not take DDR2 it won't work, and if it doesn't take 200-pin modules, it won't even fit in the first place! Most new computers do take DDR2, but always check for compatibility before you buy hardware. Don't take it for granted and wind up with a useless module!

Overall, I recommend this. It's great for the price, and you get a free 1-year warranty with it. Until you open up your system and spit on the module, it's very rare that wouldn't know something is wrong with it after a year of use.
66 comments| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2009
I have never had any problems with Crucial Memory modules -- and this holds true for this 2GB 800MHz DDR2 PC2-6400 laptop memory.

I recently purchased this to upgrade my Toshiba NB205 to 2GB of memory. Installing it is a piece of cake... just remove the one that's in there now, and put this in its place. My netbook immediately recognized the 2GB of RAM.

This module will work well with pretty much all the Intel Atom-based netbooks on the market. Even if your netbook comes with slower memory, this will still work as it's backwards-compatible in speed but you're better off buying the speed of memory that matches what your system came with as it will cost less.
1515 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2010
Ok, so first of all, a lot of these reviews seem pointless and it took me a long time to decide to get one for my Asus 1005HA-PU-1X-BK (the 10.5 hour battery life model). The type of review I was looking for and haven't seen except for maybe 2 or 3 is a review on the difference between 1GB and 2GB for your netbook (I mean, obviously recommended ram will work and install, the point in deciding to purchase this is to see if there will be a difference from what you have now). Normally, my netbook was working fine, and I installed Windows 7. I would notice things slowed down when I tried to multitask, watch a video, or load a facebook app. Once I installed the new memory, there seemed to be less lag when multiple programs were running. Last night I was online with Chrome, 2 Word documents open, powerpoint, 2 file folders, and iTunes listening to streaming radio at a coffee shop, on the windows power saver setting and the super hybrid engine battery mode setting. I noticed things ran smooth, even watching a couple of videos on youtube. Everything seemed smoother than before. Is the change dramatic? No. Is the change there though? Yes. My Office is 2003 Enterprise, so you might notice things smoother if you're trying to run Office 2007 (it takes up so much ram like Open Office so it might be noticeable there). Installation involves a screwdriver and literally 2 minutes out of your life even if you're slow and careful and ground yourself first. Amazon packaged it well and it arrived safe and fast.
Bottom line - my netbook is becoming my "laptop" and my laptop stays at home at my desk. I take my netbook to class and to coffee shops to study and usually need a couple of programs open and I tend to concentrate better with music. If you just use your netbook for browsing the internet and e-mail, you would probably not notice a difference. If you watch videos and listen to music while you run Office and browse online, you would probably benefit from the added memory. Even a facebook app on its own was a little faster and resembled the speed on a normal laptop on battery mode. If you know you will be using your netbook more and more (and I think it's only natural when you realize how great they are for portability and function) then you might as well get the memory. Hope that helps to make an informed decision.
on July 7, 2009
I bought this to upgrade RAM in my brand-new eee PC 1005HA. It wasn't the same exact part number as Crucial Technology came up with when I checked compatibility on their website, but all the specs seemed the same, so I chanced it. It was easy to install, and everything is working fine, with twice the RAM at a very reasonable price.
on December 14, 2009
I used this memory for the Samsung N140 Netbook, which doubled it's DRAM from 1GB to 2GB.

I installed the 2GB in the N140, swapping for the 1GB that was already there. (Not sure what we do with the old 1GB now). It was very easy to do, you just open a compartment with a screwdriver, pull out the old memory and pop in the new memory.

My notes on performance before and after:
* Boot-up. With 1GB, it took 44.6 seconds. With 2GB, only 33.2 seconds. Before the upgrade, the machine was using 61% of the memory just sitting there running no applications, and only 33% after installing the extra memory.
* Shut-down. 1GB: 30.0 seconds. 2GB: 16.4 seconds.
* Open Word document. 1GB: 14.9 seconds. 2GB: 11.7 seconds. Again, memory usage was 61% before upgrade, afterward only 35%.
* Open Control Panel: 1GB: 4.5 seconds. 2GB: 2.5 seconds. This is good because the N140 seemed very "laggy" before

You'll have to see how much improvement you see in speed as you use it, but on the basics, it looks like it is indeed almost twice as fast. Well worth the price, it gave me much snappier performance on my netbook.
on January 30, 2013
I bought this stick for my 2008 iMac and it's been great. There initially was a limitation to 4GB on the 2008 iMac but after some time it was confirmed that 6Gb would work. So I added this to my system with another 2GB and it's flying!
on September 13, 2009
I bought a Toshiba NB205 netbook and this upgrade was recommended to to from 1G to 2G RAMM. It arrived in the mail right on time and it snapped right into the netbook. You only have to remove one screw from the back panel. Bingo! Done! I'm not a computer geek but I figured it out just fine. And it did improve the speed of the netbook right away. If you get a NB205, go ahead and order this upgrade. You will be very happy with it.
on February 3, 2010
I've upgraded a ton of computers, so it's a simple task. I originally purchased this for my Dell Zino HD (Inspiron 400) with Windows 7. Worked for several minutes. Then it died in the middle of me using the the Lightroom 3 Beta. Tried to reboot, but the computer would just beep without booting up.

Had to take it out and replace with original memory, which worked. Swapped the memory back and forth a couple of times just to make sure it was a bad stick, which it turned out to be. Had to return it to Amazon.

Got a better deal a few days later at Fry's for 2 sticks of 2GB (4GB total) of Kingston DDR, which has worked perfectly.

I've gotten tons of Crucial memory in the past with no problems. But I guess it was my time to get a bad one.
on March 13, 2010
I am a first-time owner of a netbook and so this is also my first time buying a 2gb memory ram to upgrade my netbook. I ordered this module after seeing a lot of pleasant reviews about this, and people have been saying it works for the ASUS 1005HA, so I took a gamble and purchased this for $45.

It arrived the same day with my netbook, but I did not open it until I got access to a Philips Screwdriver. (Best Buy charges $50 to do it themselves, rip off!)

I carefully put in the ram and I made sure the ram is installed correctly. I turned on my 1005PE-MU17 and... IT DID NOT RECOGNIZE IT! It still says 1.00 Memory, 1024 MB of ram!

I prematurely thought, "My goodness! This isn't compatible!" I shut down and reinstalled the ram again , but it still won't recognize it!

I considered returning this item until I researched more on installing ram on the internet. It mentions pressing F2 on startup to access BIOS. After doing the steps it told me, my computer recognized the ram!

STEPS:

1. Turn on your 1005PE-MU17, and tap F2 multiple times to get to BIOS
2. Using right arrow key, move to the BOOT tab, and disable the Boot Booster.
3. Save changes and exit.
4. Once on log in screen, shut down.
5. Remove Battery and proceed to install the 2GB Crucial 2gb ram.
6. Close the lid, put back battery.
7. Repeat Step 1
8. Now you should see your memory say "2048 MB" (2gb)
9. Go back to BOOT tab and enable the Boot Booster.
10. Save changes, and LIFE IS GOOD. You done it!

My computer now recognizes the 2gb memory and now I will not return this item. IF you had doubts on this product, stop and be rest assured, this is compatible with the EEE PC 1005 line ! Hope this helps.
55 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2009
I bought this to replace the standard 1 GB of memory that the Samsung NC10 ships with. The computer is much more pleasant to use with the new memory, and installing it was a breeze.