Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crucial 2GB Single DDR3 1066 MT/s (PC3-8500) CL7 SODIMM 204-Pin Notebook Memory Module CT25664BC1067
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on December 1, 2010
Be careful when ordering this memory for the 1015PEM. This netbook requires a chip-set with only 8 chips on it. I ordered this part recommended by Amazon and it came with 16 chips which does not work on this netbook. Call Crucial and order direct - they know how to match this up.
77 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2011
I ordered this a few days ago and got it today...Popped it into my Acer Aspire One D255E netbook and it booted up like a charm...Good purchase :)
To make a long story short, Amazon recommended this, and my research on the 1015PE was lacking, and so I thought Amazon made the right recommendation for my computer. Unfortunately, it's not even the right number of pins for my system.

So for those of you who own an ASUS Eee PC 1015PE, this is what you need:

ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1015PE:
2GB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 800 PC2-6400 SO-DIMM
with recommended CL (Cas Latency) of 6.

There are several of these on Amazon. If you search for those exact specs, you should get close to what you need. Make sure your BIOS is upgraded to version 0801 or higher before ordering, as older BIOS versions have a problem with the 16-chip versions of 2GB SODIMMs.

I give the product five stars, but take away a star for Amazon's lousy recommendation system that doesn't have any of the facts right and leads to so many people making the wrong choice. You can find Crucial, Patriot, and other brands on Amazon if you look for the right type. Good luck.
on July 28, 2011
I found this RAM to be exactly what I thought it would be. I successfully upgraded an Acer Aspire One D257 using this RAM. If you have the AOD257, make sure to buy 2 gigs of RAM. You have to remove the existing 1 gig stick and replace with this one. Not sure why other users had trouble with the AOD255, as it is essentially the same as the AOD257 but who knows. Amazon is great on returns, so I wasn't overly concerned with ordering this after I checked the specs. If it hadn't been correct, I would've just returned it. Overall, it is what it says it is, and the price was right. Not much else to say, Amazon's shipping and packing was speedy and adequate, and crucial makes great memory. I'm confident this will last me a long time.
I added this RAM stick to my Toshiba Satellite T215D-S1150 TruBrite 11.6-Inch Laptop (Chrome) [Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit]. The notebook came from the factory with a 2GB RAM stick in one of the RAM slots, and the other slot was empty. The upgrade worked just fine, and now I'm enjoying the faster performance of a total 4 GB of RAM.
on March 21, 2010
Ordered this ram from Amazon and got it in the mail less than a week later. I threw this in my 13in macbook. Install was quick and simple. I booted up my Mac right then and it recognized the additional ram. Couldn't have been easier. Decently priced also.
on July 12, 2011
I ordered this memory module for my Acer Aspire One D255 as a replacement for the stock 1GB DDR3 stick. What I had done was I went to the Crucial site, copied the recommended specs for their DDR3 2GB stick and then used those specs to find a deal on Amazon. When I received the part I ordered from Amazon -- "CT25664BC1067" -- I noticed there were 8 chips on each side instead of 4. "Ah, what the heck!", I fit it in the slot, closed it up, turned it on, and nothing happened at all. No boot.

Turns out for the Acer Aspire One you MUST make sure the part number is "CT1596442" -- even if the picture looks right, and the specs look right, you could likely end up with a "CT25664BC1067" that is "twin racked", as in 8 chips on each side instead of 4. The D255 does not like this twin rack spec! After I return this module, I am ordering from Crucial directly so I know I am getting the "CT1596442" which is what they recommend for the Acer Aspire D255.
on September 12, 2011
So I recently bought a new notebook (Toshiba mini, nb505) that has Windows starter. Looking at the specs, I thought it would be fine right out of the box. Oh boy, was I wrong. I didn't realize how "bloated" this "basic" OS would be. I'm used to XP, and my last netbook (ASUS something) which recently died just flew on 1GB RAM. This thing was constantly freezing, acting weird (showing a back window in front of the main one, whatever.)

Well, RAM is probably RAM from any company, but Crucial is a well spoken of company, and I updated a previous laptop with them in the past. They also have the great system on their website for finding out what kind of RAM your computer needs. Unfortunately, they told me that I needed some sort of DDR2 for my RAM, while my computer clearly uses DDR3. Toshiba must have changed which RAM they're installing in these things. It did have it out on the side that you might need DDR3 rather than the suggested DDR2, but it wasn't that obvious. They should have made it clear. To find out if your Toshiba NB505 uses DDR2 or DDR3 just look underneath your netbook for the big white sticker that has the part number and serial number. In the top right corner of that sticker it should say D2 or D3. D2 obviously means DDR2 and D3 obviously means DDR3.

Anyways, my computer is running wonderfully now that I've upgraded to 2GB RAM, plus it was a very affordable price! $13! Awesome. If you're wondering if you should upgrade or not, I say YES. Buy this, watch a youtube video, and install your own RAM. It'll probably take you 30 minutes total if you've never done it before. I've done it previously, so it probably took me longer to find the right RAM, add to my shopping cart, and process my order with Amazon than it took me to install my RAM (so, less than 10 minutes).

Buy this RAM, you won't regret it!*

*unless you bought the wrong type of RAM and this doesn't work with your computer, haha.

PS, the packaging isn't Amazon hassle free packaging, but it's not that bad. You'll probably need a good pair of scissors to cut through the packaging. The RAM is also secured QUITE strongly in the plastic that it's laid in, but it wasn't difficult to get out, I was just slightly paranoid of breaking it (an unfounded paranoia I believe...) Tons of excess packaging though, it would have easily fit in 1/3 of the size of the package, saving 2/3 of the plastic. Oh well...
on July 15, 2011
I bought this for a Samsung NF310-A01 Netbook. It in in fact the right product and installed easily. I am posting this review mostly as reassurance to those who may be in doubt. I had some trouble confirming that this was the right thing for my new netbook before I bought it.
on July 6, 2012
I bought this item to upgrade my HP Mini 210 that came with 1GB RAM. I was hoping this will work because I read some reviews that there are some models of HP Mini which cannot be upgraded. I'm ready to throw away my $13 if this upgrade will not work.I got the memory module today and installed it right away. Well, it worked. My HP Mini now has 2GB RAM. Thanks to Crucial CT25664BC1067 2GB 204-PIN PC3-8500 SODIMM DDR3 Memory Module.