Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on November 27, 2016
Spoilers ahead....So this is the fourth book of hers that I am reading, and in every single one, there is some sort of conspiracy against her, and she is slandered in the newspapers. I mean, talk about beating a dead horse. These books are otherwise decent page-turners, but this plot trope had gotten old two books ago. It is too bad since the plots don't need these obvious red herrings to move the story along. Outside of this, her books are enjoyable to read.
on August 16, 2016
Oh this was a good book! I have finished the series now (out of order lol!) and this was my last one. Very very good. Not my favorite in the series, but a very good read. I'm so sad that I have read them all and have to move on from Dr Kay Scarpetta. Would highly highly recommend these books to anyone. I'm 18 but I feel as long as your child doesn't get scared easily and can handle the murder aspects middle school would be an appropriate to start reading these.
on December 30, 2015
I feel that Patricia Cornwell is writing her novels for adult readers since she goes into quite a bit of detail in many of Dr. Scarpetta's cases. Each of her novels can be read independently of each other but I find it much more interesting if I read them in order.

I first began reading Cornwell's Novels about 15+ years ago. For about ten years she attempted to begin a couple of new series with completely different characters. I suppose that most readers, much like myself, just wanted more of the Dr. Kay Scarpetta series and she did, finally, pick up her pen and resume this series. Her new novels are even better than ever! I am a huge fan!
on October 4, 2016
Like the foreshadowing in this story. It's something I didn't notice in the previous books. This story/book is well-written and one you don't want to put down. I spent the day reading this book and totally enjoyed my day.
I was a Corrections Officer, Guard if you will. I started when we were Peace Officer status I very much realize not all of the criminals are behind bars and though I loathe to admit it some of the 'Guards' are criminals as well.
on August 20, 2017
I purchased this book several years back. The benefit of having a long period of time between readings of the same book is you forget the details and the book becomes a new book to enjoy all over again.. I have always preferred a lot of the early books by Patricia Cornwell and find them among her bests works.
on November 20, 2016
I enjoyed this book. I read it at bed time so it was hard to keep the flow going from one night to the next but over all, it was great. There were times I didn't want to put it down but the clock was ticking and I needed by beauty sleep. Sometimes, I found time to go to bed earlier than usual so that I could read a little longer. I have never read this author before but I enjoyed it enough that I have asked for more for Christmas.
on March 14, 2018
Cornwell's characterization and p!ot development improve immensely with the fourth Scarpetta novel. It's a plus that the main character is not blindly smitten by a man in this installment of the series.
on April 11, 2015
I started this series after reading the Temperance Brennan books by Reichs. They seemed to be similar and were. In the beginning. After several of them, her aging and her niece and love life and stories started to go south for me so I gave up after I'm not sure how many. Check for yourself but I think the best ones are the beginnings.
on January 13, 2014
"Killing me won't kill the beast" are the last words of rapist-murderer Ronnie Joe Waddell, written four days before his execution. But they can't explain how Dr. Kay Scarpetta finds Waddell's fingerprints on another crime scene -- after she'd performed his autopsy. If this is some sort of game, Scarpetta seems to be the target. And if the next victim is someone she knows, the punishment will be cruel and unusual...
on March 2, 2012
I quite enjoyed this book and found myself mystified throughout as to "whodunnit". In that sense it was a really good read and delivered the suspense it promised. I usually enjoy Patricia's books and like the way she builds a profile of her heroine's life, including the people she is close to as well as those more on the periphery of her life - it helps the reader to relate to her and treat her as a real person. I particularly like the way she combines her professional life with her personal one and think it shows the human side which is very necessary considering her profession which could otherwise seem very detached and clinical so well done for that consideration. The plot was complex but not too much so and very cleverly thought out. The only reason I didn't find it unputdownable was because for me the over usage of technical jargon got in the way too much. Most people not familiar with the terminology will probably find it irritating - after all, who wants to have to refer to a medical directory to understand what's being said! I have heard many others make a similar comment but personally I never found it a bother in her other books but on this occasion I was quite exasperated. A small quibble and I wouldn't let it put me off.