- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: International Marine/Ragged Mountain Press; 2 edition (September 16, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071427880
- ISBN-13: 978-0071427883
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.7 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 74 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #91,653 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Cruiser's Handbook of Fishing Paperback – September 16, 2003
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
The definitive book."--Cruising World
The complete guide to catching and cooking fish from the decks of a cruising boat.
The Cruiser's Handbook of Fishing gives you everything you need to know about catching fish in tropical or middle-latitude seas--from a cruising boat underway or at anchor, from a dinghy, in the surf, and while diving reefs. Step by step this richly detailed guide walks you through:
- Choosing, using, and maintaining tackle, lures, hooks, leaders, and other rigging essentials
- Reading currents, wind, wave patterns, tides, water temperature, and atmospheric conditions
- Modifying vessels with cruise-fishing enhancements such as rod holders, outriggers, cleaning tables, bait wells, and platforms
- Tying the best knots for cruise fishing
- Avoiding and treating routine fishing injuries and poisoning--including vital information on ciguatera, venomous stings and punctures, and steering clear of dangerous predators
- Identifying hundreds of fish species
- Preparing your catch--including a range of easy and delectable recipes
- And much more
"A great 'catch.' "--Sailing
"You want to catch fish? Read this book."--Herb McCormick, editor, Cruising World
"Jam-packed with solid advice on tackle and techniques proven to catch fish."--Barry Gibson, editor, Salt Water Sportsman
"Every culture has its bible, and until now, there wasn't one for the voyager who had a passion for catching fish."--Ocean Navigator
"Scott and Wendy are giving their fellow sailors the gift of an abundant life on the sea."--Blue Water Sailing
"A boatload of hard-earned knowledge and practical advice from a couple who has been there."--Latitudes and Attitudes
About the Author
Scott Bannerot co-authored The Cruiser’s Handbook of Fishing with his wife, Wendy. He holds a doctorate in fisheries biology, and has worked as a marine biology research scientist and diver, charter fishing captain, commercial fisherman, long-distance sailor, and photojournalist. His feature articles have appeared regularly for 20 years in adventure, sailing, and fishing magazines, and he has published a number of technical works. Scott, Wendy, and seven year old son now live in Australia. Scott is an enthusiastic “fun” surfer; he has surfed all over the world while sailboat cruising.
74 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 74 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only drawback is that the book has not been updated since its 2003 publication, and portions are now somewhat out of date.
I have not had a chance to put this into practice but I no longer feel bewildered about how to get started or how to catch what with what equipment.
I highly recommend this book