Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crunchyroll - Watch Anime & Drama Now!
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on December 1, 2015
It worked perfectly on our new Kindle Fire until Amazon did an update not long ago. Now Amazon blames Crunchyroll and says Crunchyroll needs to update their app. Amazon, please fix this. Crunchyroll is one of the primary reasons I purchased the Fire, now it just sits there practically useless because neither you nor Crunchyroll will fix it so the app works on it! Not happy about this!

Editing this review fully 6+ months later on June 29, 2016, and the app still DOES NOT WORK! We check it every. single. day. and it has still not been fixed to work on the Fire. Who will accept responsibility for this? No one apparently. This is simply not acceptable.
44 comments| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2016
The app works great that is until the most recent update of the kindle fire systems I won't let me launch the app claiming it's no longer compatible with the security settings for the fire so wtf Amazon
11 comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2016
... My Kindle Fire HDX cannot use the app. . . Though it is installed? What's worse is that the web browser also won't let me stream. I use to love my Kindle. But there's more and more of apps not working, or website cannot support cause of one thing or another. Amazon am I suppose to buy an iPad?
on January 3, 2016
I can not seem to get this app for my kindle fire that I purchased in November and December. I tried to download the app and it said that the kindle did not support this app. Which is bs. Because I literally just bought the kindle. that doesn't make any sense
on January 11, 2016
The app works great on my old Kindle Fire, but I can't use it on my Kindle 8. It doesn't even appear in the list. Probably a CR issue as opposed to a Kindle issue, but it's annoying that I can't use the app on the device I use CR on the most.
VINE VOICEon December 18, 2012
The Crunchyroll app for Android works quite well on the Kindle Fire HD. Unfortunately, the one here on the Amazon App Store is about a year old and has a large number of bugs (queue display is occasionally limited; pausing can lock up the device on resume if the device slept; etc.).

Contact Crunchyroll's support and they'll send you the more recent APK, which works much better.
on January 5, 2016
This app is not compatible with the new Kindle Fire HD 8. Why have applications in your Amazon App Store that are not compatible with ALL of your devices? Very disappointed. Considering replacing the Kindle Fire with an iPad. At least with Apple, their apps are compatible on all of their products - I can even download the Kindle and Amazon app for iOS. Amazing.
on March 28, 2012
I'd try watching an anime but after 2 minutes, it would exit out of the video. Very disappointing. I'm going to unsubscribe.
on April 19, 2011
Crunchyroll is a website that has made arrangements with Japan to stream anime (and dramas) from Japan. If you pay for a membership you get to see the new episodes the same day they come out in Japan, free members gets to see those episodes a week later. They came out with an app that runs on Android that lists the new shows and plays them on your phone or tablet. If you are a paid member you get to see the newest, and like the website, free members still get their newest episodes a week later.

I really like this app because it streams to my phone flawlessly. I still visit their website, but on my computer depending on the day and time I would have issues with buffering. (I still do on their site, especially if it is a day where a popular series like Bleach or Naruto Shippuuden are running their new episode. I don't have the buffering issue on my phone at all.

You also get to see what new shows are airing in Japan. The only downside is if it is a short series (13 episodes or less) and you don't religiously watch those episodes every week once the series is done and it's a new season it is no longer on the list for the phone. You can still see them by going to the website, but it would be nice if there was a way to keep those episodes on the app or at least let you search them out so you can finish.
11 comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2014
I'm not sure what's wrong with crunchyroll but its not working with my kindle as of right now please fix this issue it wont let me get to the anime or drama section