Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 4, 2012
If you have ever wanted a cheerleader for making a business on the Internet, Gary Vaynerchuk is your guy. in Crush It!, Gary states, no, evangelizes his case for following a dream and making the jump to Internet business. The force of his personality leaps from the page, energizing the reader to absolutely believe they, too, can "crush it".

Gary immigrated to America with his parents from Belarus when he was three. From an early age, he began selling. He sold baseball cards, building a small empire at his school before branching out to trade shows and the mall. His success was cut short when he turned fifteen and started working in the family wine shop. Even though he couldn't drink the wares, he studied the wine guides and magazines to learn the lingo and be able to convince shoppers who came in for a bottle to take home a case. Then, during college, Gary discover YouTube.

Embracing the videos and convincing his father to let him, he started an Internet TV show dedicated to wine. Gary, who wasn't happy being stuffy and pretentious like other wine critics. He used his personality and "earthy" ways to describe wine (including a NY Jets spit bucket) in a video blog. In a few short months, sales increased over 500%.

Vaynerchuk is convinced everyone can accomplish the same exciting feat of building and online brand and attracting a large following. From there, dreams come true (his dream is to buy the Jets and I believe he will somehow pull it off someday). Through out the book, as he discusses his beliefs on building an online business with the devotion most reserve for sports teams. His energy is infectious.

While light on detail, Gary lays out some of the methods for creating an audience. He discusses the importance of building a brand, creating great content and being available on every platform. What's is most valuable, I believe, is his energy on the subject. He literally jumps off the page to motivate and make a believer out of the reader. The first time I read Crush It!, I was put off by the enthusiasm. This time through, however, it infected me and motivated me to start thinking about where my passion lies and how to leverage it.

My only complaint is the lack of detail on how to get started. I was hoping for a little more concrete detail. This book doesn't have it, instead containing general concepts and discussions about some venues to be aware of while building an online empire. I had to go searching in other places to find the detail and mentorship I wanted. Still, Vaynerchuk is a pretty good cheerleader.
2 helpful votes
on April 2, 2017
Is it fear, the unknown, where to begin, the troll voice that comes in your head and tells you that you cannot.How will you ever make a living out of your passions? Gary will share some thoughts and ideas how to crush it! Listen and read the full review at The Hidden Why dot com. Leigh Martinuzzi - The Hidden Why Guy
on March 3, 2017
Fun read, especially after reading #askgaryvee. I loved the Q&A style of that book so I bought this and Jab, Jab, Right Hook (have not read yet). Some of the stuff is a little dated because of the speed in which social media changes (hence the MySpace stuff), but the fundamentals are still there.

Kind of want to create a blog - and buy some wine, too! Love watching Gary on YouTube now.
on March 15, 2017
I read it and ordered another 15 copies for people I work with. It's a very easy read and inspiring. You don't have to be an entrepreneur to appreciate this book, and it will help you reflect on finding your passion and get moving--to wherever that is for you.
on March 1, 2017
Hands down the best book if you want to take your life to another level. Gary Vaynerchuk has been one of my favorite influencers / motivational speaker of all times. It will take you from the basics of improving your productivity to getting your own personal brand and taking advantage of social platforms to increase sales or recognition (Branding).

*If you are looking for an excuse to build your brand or just building an empire for your life, you have to get this book.
on May 1, 2017
Gary has had great success through lots of creative thinking, and more importantly, lots and lots of hard work. He tells it to you straight: to get what you want, you're going to have to work harder than everyone else who wants that too.

This book presents a bunch of interesting ideas and provides motivation to get to work on your dreams right now.
on December 2, 2012
This book is one among hundreds of books that talk about Business Development, however, its content is really fresh and it approaches everyone instead of a specific category. What is new about it is that it talks about business development through the internet and internet only!. The only tool you need to be rich is the internet! And particularly the social media websites you use in your everyday life. In this case, you don't need money, (though slightly needed at some levels, sums that are affordable by all people,) you need two essential elements; Passion and Resilience!. Gary digresses on the issue of passion and even gives you details on how to test the credibility of a given passion!.
The book employs plenty of successful writing aspects such as asking questions instead of informing and storytelling. Garry is very caring when it comes to his audience, therefore in every chapter you will find his e-mail asking you to write him to share a story, ask for more details or if you have any questions.
Gary places family first!, family comes before everything and tell the story of his family and how they started from the scratch. As a matter of fact, when he said that he is Jewish, he reminded me of a book I read for Malcolm Gladwell by the title (Outliers) which included a chapter under the title (The Importance of Being a Jew), this chapter talks about how economic circumstances and other social elements at a certain period of time forced Jewish immigrants into specific types of industries which actually helped them on the long term to become rich which might be somehow related to Gary's Family.
If I would summarize this book in one sentence I would say: "How to Monetize Your Passion Through the Internet". It is worth mentioning that Gary does not see it as (all about money), whereas he gives the readers some important facts about the moral and psychological aspects of business development which really addresses some of the capitalist society problems. You don't get this? read the chapter (Legacy) or refer to the explanation of Dale Callahan of core values on ([...])
2 helpful votes
on March 11, 2015
Excellent "starter" book for those who have never heard of Gary, WineLibrary, or Vaynermedia. It's an excellent weekend read that's timely enough to give you the honest truth on what it takes to turn what you're hobbying into a legitimate way to make money full time. His approach is very familiar

What this book isn't, at least to me, is a step by step guide to getting paid quick. The first few chapters will indicate that you need to sit down, really think about what moves you plan to make, and persevere. Being 2015 and his more detailed approach in Jab Jab Jab Right Hook, those who aren't "hip" to social media further than the tradition status update might be turned off with his early instructions on how to properly use a social media network.

I've already given my copy to my sister and I hope to get it back one day. If not I'll gladly buy a second copy.
on December 21, 2015
Gary Vaynerchuk is the man! This book changed my life. I started a home business learned how to brand myself and before I knew it I was crushing it bringing in orders from customers who I had no clue how they found me. His advice is amazing and the impact this book will have on you life are just as amazing! It is rare that you read a book that has a dramatic impact on your life but CRUSH IT has helped me and my family so much that I hope to one day be able to thank Gary in person. Have faith in your talents and don't rely on sticking your hand out every two weeks trading your skills for a paycheck. Start branding yourself and begin working for yourself when you're not working for your boss. This way one day when you grow your side business to the point where you need to dedicate your whole day to working on YOUR clients you can walk in and fire your boss. This book brought me out of a depression to standing in the sunlight being bathed by the warmth of constant work from my clients! CRUSH IT is the real deal! Thank you Gary!
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on August 21, 2017
Was hoping for a lot more concrete advice regarding building a website and building a brand. Instead we were left with a lot of broad strokes. Not useless, but not worth the money I paid for it. A lot of it is common sense, a lot of it can be learned for free elsewhere.