Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cry Baby: Original Soundtrack Album
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 31, 2012
great little movie and the sound track is wonderful again if you liked the 60s very fast paced funny showed the 60s as it was only in a funny way johnney depp alone was worth watching and the music was groovy
on January 22, 2004
I love this movie. The musical parts really stand out. It never ever gets corny. My favorite song is "Doing Time for being young" I love watching Johnny dance to that. Go Johnny Go!
on February 3, 2006
I will agree with other reviewers, the first half of the soundtrack is better than the second, with the first half consisting of the songs that are actually sung in the movie. The second half isn't really that great, from "High School Hellcats" onwards. (That song was never that good, and the scene/song never worked in the movie.)

I've actually been watching the film for quite a few years, and finally got the soundtrack! I love the songs in the film, although my innocent mind was kidding myself that it was actually Johnny Depp singing - boo. :( The songs are still different, but I don't agree with a couple of the other reviews, that having the songs longer than they are in the film is bad. You only clips of the songs in the film anyway, and many of them on any film are gonna be longer.

What's my favourite song? I'm not sure, actually, the worst song is definitely "High School Hellcats", but nearly all the first half is good. My favourite songs are probably "King Cry Baby", and "Please Mr Jailer", the latter is definitely the best, and has got quite a good dance routine in the film.

If you know the film well enough, you'll be doing what I'm doing, and dancing in your seat at the computer. If you love the film, you'll definitely love the soundtrack. Now I just wish I could get my hands on the director's cut of Cry Baby.
on September 24, 2014
I had not heard these songs since my high school days, when I wore out my VHS copy recorded from the TV, of this movie! It was amazing to me to pop this CD in and immediately begin singing all the songs just like I last heard them yesterday. Wonderful nostalgia with this CD, not to mention these are just super fun songs!
on January 29, 2004
This soundtrack has many wonderful songs on it. Especially the ones made for the movie like "King Cry Baby", "Please Mr. Jailer", etc. James Intveld (who sang Depp's part) is exceptional and so is Racheal Sweet (especially when she has her 'bad' voice). I also really enjoy the Baldwin and the Whiffles songs "Sh-Boom" and "Mr. Sandman". There are a few songs that I personally don't care for including "Bad Boy", "Cherry", and perhaps some others. Also, I read on some reviews that this soundtrack has every song played in the movie on it. WARNING: It doesn't! I can find a number of songs they forgot including "Jailbird", "He's in the Jailhouse Now", and the much wanted "Love That Girl". There might be others such as the song that was played before "Love That Girl". It's odd because they played those songs longer than they played "Piddily Patter Patter", yet they included that. But all in all, this soundtrack is classic, fun to dance and sing to, and a must have for 50s fans and Cry Baby fans of course! By the way, if anyone knows the correct title to "Love That Girl" (cuz I'm not sure if thats it), please post it on your review. Thanks so much in advance!! Toodles y'all.
on October 16, 1998
This is the ultimate collection of the great movie's songs! If you like the movie you will want to get this CD. My favorite song is #6 but I love them all!
on January 14, 2008
I wish Johnny Depp was stuck in the year 1990, because it's depressing to know that he is too old for me.
on December 11, 2008
hey for all you greasers out there and pony tail poodle skirt chicks..this one is for you..the music alone is worth the price of the movie...then there is johnny depp...what more can you want...its campy with a few twists...if you like leather , rock and roll and just plain good time 50s antics...then this movie is a must in your library...
on July 8, 2006
The album is has everything for the hip cat or cool chick who loves Rockabilly music. All the great tracks from the movie are on this album. And if you like James Intveld this is a must have. Totally rock'n.
on July 30, 2009
I Love This Soundtrack I Just Wish It Had That One Song, Where Cry Baby And His Gang Were Driving In A Car And were singing to Allison V. Williams And Then He Almost Crashes Man That Was A Great Song