About the Product
- Crysis set the visual benchmark for PC games that still stands today. Crysis 2 redefines this benchmark, shifting their attention to the rich urban jungle of New York City.
- Challenging best-in-class AI with unique group coordination and group behavior systems which give realistic responses to your actions.
- Adapt your combat tactics by customizing your Nanosuit 2 and weapons in real time with revised modes, unlocking a variety of supersoldier abilities.
- World-renowned multiplayer shooter studio Crytek UK reinvents multiplayer with the dynamic intensity of Nanosuit 2 in 12-player support online.
- By using Nanosuit technology the player has nearly unlimited ways to approach the dynamic combat environment.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Crysis 2 is the sequel to one of the greatest PC first-person shooters yet created. Featuring futuristic war, gorgeous destruction and the chance to kick alien butt on the grandest stage of all, New York City, Crysis 2 is destined at the least to equal its predecessor, if not surpass it. Additional features include: challenging AI enemies in the single player campaign, 12-player support online, new and improved upgradable Nanosuit 2 technology and more.
The world has been ravaged by a series of climatic disasters and society is on the verge of total breakdown. Now the aliens have returned, with a full invasion force bent on nothing less than the total annihilation of mankind, starting by trying to rip the heart out of Earth's most iconic city.
In New York, terrifying alien invaders stalk the streets and a nightmare plague strikes down the city's myriad inhabitants with brutal epidemic speed. The city's systems are in chaos, its streets and skyline are smashed and in flaming ruin. This is New York City like you've never seen it before. Neither paramilitary law enforcement nor the might of the US military machine can stand against the invaders, and all who choose not to flee are dead men walking. Just to survive in this maelstrom of death will require technology beyond anything any modern soldier has ever seen.
Yet one man will inherit that means to survive. One supersoldier, wielding the combat enhancement technology of the future with Nanosuit 2, will make the last stand to save humanity from destruction in the urban jungle that is New York City.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS - XP/Vista/Windows 7
- Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz or better
- RAM - 2 GB
- Hard Drive Space - 9 GB
- DVD ROM - 8x
- GPU - NVIDIA 8800 GT 512MB RAM, ATI 3850HD 512Mb RAM or better
- Other - Keyboard, mouse, or Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for Windows; Internet connection required for online play
Key Game Features
- New York New York - Crysis set the visual benchmark for PC games that still stands today. Crysis 2 redefines the benchmark on console and PC platforms, shifting their attention to the rich urban jungle of New York City.
- Amazing Aliens and AI - Challenging best-in-class AI with unique group coordination and group behavior systems which give realistic responses to your actions.
- Nanosuit 2 - Adapt your combat tactics by customizing your Nanosuit and weapons in real time with revised modes, unlocking a variety of supersoldier abilities.
- Multiplayer* - World-renowned multiplayer shooter studio Crytek UK reinvents multiplayer with the dynamic intensity of Nanosuit 2. By using Nanosuit technology the player has nearly unlimited ways to approach the dynamic combat environment. 1-12 players are supported online.
Improved nanosuit technology.
New York based action.
New terrifying aliens.
Online multiplayer support.
* Requires an Internet connection.
Top Customer Reviews
The review system here includes two GTX 480 in SLI, a i7 920 @ 4.1 ghz, and a 2560x1600 monitor.
The graphics were one of the main strengths of the original game, and Crysis 2 has turned them into a weakness. There are NO configuration options, just preset settings, and you can only choose from "High," "Very High," and "Extreme." Unfortunately, Extreme looks significantly worse than Crysis and Warhead. Protip for Crytek: calling your graphics "extreme" doesn't make them look any better. As far as I can tell there is no way to force Anti-Aliasing on, and instead Crysis 2 uses its own form of edge blurring that looks terrible compared to true AA. The edge AA was fine in Crysis because the vegetation benefited from it more than traditional AA and it provided a performance boost, but Crysis 2 consists of mostly buildings and straight edges that require traditional AA to look their best.
There are three main pillars to the graphical failings.
----The textures are a major downgrade. It's true that the original Crysis had the occasional blurry rock texture, but most of them were flat out amazing.Read more ›
I am going to try to rate this as a stand-alone game because comparing it to the others is like comparing "The Godfather" to "The Godfather 3" There is no comparison. The first ones were better in every way, save for maybe the musical score.
I am a fan of the first two games in the series, Crysis and Crysis:Warhead, the amount of vehicles and a totally open world and all manner of community support and mod development, not forgetting to mention that the first game was, in my opinion, EPIC. It took me a full week worth of time to beat them and I loved them... Still do. It was quite fun with the amount of things you could do. Nothing beat getting to jump out of the water in stealth mode and then go into maximum power mode and punch bad guys, literally LAUNCHING them off cliffs or 80 feet into the air or against a fully destructible seaside shack building... Or shooting out the front tire of a hummer full of bad guys bearing down on you and causing it to flip and roll throwing everyone out of it... Head shots were so very satisfying... If I shot a guy in the leg, he would limp. The A.I. was amazing. The graphics are amazing, still, and the first two games are STILL used as benchmarks for high-end PCs. It was what a PC game should be, hardcore mouse and keyboard WITH optional, and flawless support for a PC Xbox-360 controller for the more laid back gamers... Made for the PC and THEN ported to the lesser console systems.
Before I rant here... I'll say this is a surprisingly good shooter among the offers up around the same time of its release. I cannot say much anything bad if rating it as a stand-alone game with no previous entries.... So it is all kinds of awesome....Read more ›
In the first couple of levels no one has a real chance against you. You really are completely superior to anything the game throws your way; and this makes total sense because that's what the nano suit is for, to make you superior in every way to your enemies. And this is not to say the game was easy, because it wasn't. It just meant that if you used your brain and all of the resources at your disposal, you were virtually invincible because again, that's what the nano suit is all about. I recall climbing into the back of a jeep and taking control of a chain gun and attempting to mow down some enemies when all of a sudden a tall palm tree realistically falls down and instantly kills some of the enemies I had missed. I soon realized that I HAD unintentionally caused this to happen because my gun fire caused the tree to fall, and as a gamer, this was a MIND BLOWING moment that cannot be replicated in Crysis 2.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was my first real sci-fi shooter with decent graphics. Fun gameplay if a bit linear. The graphics are outstanding. The style and story are great. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Harrison Y.
not as good as the first crysis and warhead. I expected more!Published 16 days ago by Amazon Customer
Love the entire Crysis series. Really cool idea for a FPS game. Graphics look great.Published 29 days ago by Amazon Customer
on a 760 gtx with i7 2700k it still gets really 'dicey' at times, especially with smoke etc.
- Nvidia surround: 3 x 1900x1200
Love Chrysis 1 !!
I know that by now this is considered by many to be an old game but I have really enjoyed playing it. I would highly recommend.Published 1 month ago by Anonymous
Great game. Arrived in perfect condition. There are even still people on the multiplayer servers, if you're on at the right time.Published 1 month ago by JT
Beautifully done, with surprisingly reasonable hardware requirements (I played it through on my MSI Dominator at full HD). Read morePublished 2 months ago by Burrick